Fiat Pay as you go lease

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #130027 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

So if you do 1,000 miles a month then you have to pay an extra £200 per month on top plus all maintenance costs, doesn’t seem so attractive when you get the full cost especially for a basic Fiat 500.

#130032 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

I was thinking the same thing. Just my annual mileage alone (20k) is £4,000 a year (0.20p x 20,000 = £4,000). With a contract duration of 48 months, it’ll cost me £16,000 in mileage alone.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#130100 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

My mileage is really very low, sometimes only 200miles per month, but this lease is a bad deal for me. By the time you’ve added in tax, insurance, RAC and Kwik fit costs plus servicing etc then it is way more than Motability. Sorry, Fiat. Nice try. Not for me.

#130106 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

If you are passing a Fiat dealer keep passing 😀

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#130107 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

To get the same car on the motability scheme it is nil advance payment and your full award, so £62.25 per week or £269.75 per month plus any increase in pip/dla.

I think it stacks up well as a deal, tax would be zero if registered as a disabled vehicle or £150 per year if not. Roadside assistance is included and we pay £15 per month to insure a family car presently. 200 miles a month would come in at an additional £8 per month. No need to buy new tyres as you are not doing enough miles, servicing first one at two years then  2 more as it’s a 4 year lease. £200 each?

Am I missing something?

#130109 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Well, yup, I’d pass if it was just leasing that interested me. However, there is the Fiat 124 Spyder. Can’t find out whether it is still available in the UK. But Fiat have taken the Mazda MX5, given it their own 130ish bhp engine and produced a really very desirable little convertible. Never make it on to the scheme of course, despite meeting all the criteria of price, bhp-limit etc. Thus it joins the perfectly acceptable but censored list with the MX5 itself, Polo GTi, drop-top 2-series, and far too many more.

#130112 Reply
    72 dudes

@wmcforum

200 miles per month would be £40 per month not £8 😁

At that sort of mileage there is some merit in the deal, but I think your cost of service estimates are on the low side.

Plus you’re stuck with an unreliable Fiat for 4 years, they came out second worst of all makes for unreliability.

#130114 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

200 miles per month would be £40 per month not £8

Oops. Sorry. You do get your first 500 miles free.

I like the idea that the leasing game are trying something new. I think there are people who could benefit that do really low miles and a lot of them probably have a motability car sat on their drive right now. Fiat may be the first but I feel we will see others offering these pay as you go deals.

#130211 Reply
    alan1302
    Participant

If you are doing really low mileage would a taxi be a better option though?

#130218 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

If you are doing really low mileage would a taxi be a better option though?

I stumbled over this as the 12.5 year old Citroen Berlingo Mrs WMC drives is up for its MOT soon and I always get a bit twitchy and look at options this time of year. She works full time, 2 miles from home and occasionally has to attend meetings at other sites all within a 3 – 5 mile radius. In the last year she has made two long trips of over 150 miles in her car. The Berlingo has covered under 30000 miles from new and the last few years the average mileage has been well under 2000 miles per year.  She rarely mentions cars but the 500x had caught her eye, there are a lot of them on the road so she is not alone and 12 years driving the same car is a long time. Obviously it would be £149 per month plus £miles more than we are spending now but the Berlingo can’t go on forever and this option seemed to fit her needs really well.

#130219 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

So if you do 1,000 miles a month then you have to pay an extra £200 per month on top plus all maintenance costs, doesn’t seem so attractive when you get the full cost especially for a basic Fiat 500.

Plus you would have to be a bit of a sadist to do a 1,000 miles a month in a Fiat 500.😁

#130221 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

What about £99 per month plus 20p per mile for a fiat 500?

https://www.fiat.co.uk/new-car-deals/offers/500-hybrid-payasyougo

#130223 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Well, yup, I’d pass if it was just leasing that interested me. However, there is the Fiat 124 Spyder. Can’t find out whether it is still available in the UK. But Fiat have taken the Mazda MX5, given it their own 130ish bhp engine and produced a really very desirable little convertible. Never make it on to the scheme of course, despite meeting all the criteria of price, bhp-limit etc. Thus it joins the perfectly acceptable but censored list with the MX5 itself, Polo GTi, drop-top 2-series, and far too many more.

They stopped manufacturing the 124 spider for the UK market.

#130231 Reply
    Tharg

Thanks, Elliot. Shame.

#130241 Reply
    Gordon

@Tharg

The fiat 124 Spyder did appear on the scheme a few years back but was only on the list for a number of weeks before Fiat removed it. If I’d been in a position to change then, I’d have snapped it up.

#130244 Reply
    Tharg

@Gordon Yup. Me too – the 124 looks the absolute classic open two-seater. Looks better that its Mazda “parent”. Promises to be everything that my ancient MG Midget wasn’t!

#130246 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Gordon are you getting good mpg in your Toyota Prius plus ?

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#130257 Reply
    Gordon

Hi Mike, its tailed off a bit now, it might be because I’ve been using the heater and heated seats much more but I’m achieving around 60mpg to 63mpg which is still very good. My only niggle is that you can switch it to EV only mode if you have some charge in the battery but it only works if you are pretty much in stop start traffic. As soon as you accelerate to more that about 10mph, it switches back to the engine but ideal if its city traffic. Normally my milage is fairly low but I’ve had to make a visit to my parents a while ago before the England lockdown which was about 1300 mile round trip and it was so comfortable and the engine worked well, even at higher speeds on the motorway. You can hear the engine working hard when you really push it but normal driving is very good indeed.

I always hankered after a 2 seater sports car and the Fiat Spyder or the Mazda MX5 would work but sadly its not to be for now. Thats a heart over head choice. I did have a MINI 2 seater convertible roadster on the scheme some years ago and loved that but it was heavy on the fuel but felt amazing to drive.

#130276 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

TBH I’d rather do the 1,000 miles a month falling down a flight of concrete stairs than the 2 miles in the 500X and the rest on a tow truck! 🤣

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Fiat Pay as you go lease
Your information: