Fell down the stairs last night/ sore knee and hip but ok.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #167484 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

On the mobile phone coming down the stairs in the dark, missed the step and fell down the stairs landing on my hip/knee. Gave the wife a bit of a fright as she thought i was dead and didnt know where my policies were lol.

Pretty sore today but it made me realise how easy it is to get hurt in general, but especially if your not concentrating.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #167485 Reply
    POPS

I’m glad you’re okay Brydo. As someone who takes regular tumbles, can I welcome you to the ‘Weeble” fan club. Joss and I were discussing ‘Weebles’ just the other day as we were both fans of the little egg shaped characters back in the early 1970’s. The song that celebrated their inability to fall over went “Weebles wobble but they don’t fall down”. Staying upright is something we take for granted, but falls can be dangerous. Take extra care everyone.

#167491 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Pops I remember the tune well and thank you for your concern.

How are you doing just now?

#167499 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Sounds nasty, Brydo. Glad that you’ve not damaged anything too badly. I’ve always said that mobiles are the devil’s handiwork! (Have you told her where the policies are now?)

And, POPS, please can I join the Weebles too? Spend so much of my time avoiding this falling-down lark. Have even got a set of rules, including: 1) Do not land on dog or wife. 2) Try to aim for sofa or, if outside, grass. 3) Pretend you’re drunk, go all floppy and try to roll after impact.

#167514 Reply
    joss

Say NO to using phones on stairs in the dark!📲🚫

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#167527 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

“Have you told her where the policies are now?” no chance Tharg then there would be nothing to stop her bumping me off lol.

#167558 Reply
    Daf

Brydo glad to see the fall hasn’t affected your sharp sense of humour.

Hope you are recovering well and not in too much pain.

#167569 Reply
    POPS

Pops I remember the tune well and thank you for your concern. How are you doing just now?

I’m enjoying life despite the ups and downs (sometimes literal ones, lol).

I’m going to embarrass you publicly now Brydo …. Thank you for the time and attention you have given and continue to give this forum. It would be a much poorer place without you as your energy and positivity really enervates WMC Forum. The EV info that you regularly share with us is both interesting and educating, and the sense of humour that you bring to all subjects is just what most of us need.

So …. when I say “please take care of yourself”, I am actually being selfish in wanting you healthy and intact for the benefit of the forum as well as for the benefit of the long suffering Mrs. Brydo!

Forgive me Pop’s for editing but I just want to say That I share your sentiments about Brydo. Well said.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by joss. Reason: added text
    #167573 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Thanks for that Pops I really appreciate it, as for embarrassing me not at all, I can take all the praise you can throw at me.

Mrs brydo is always praising me, well when I say always I mean once, it was a Tuesday in 1993 lol.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Fell down the stairs last night/ sore knee and hip but ok.
Your information: