Facelifted Tucson Now on Motability – Better choice and no AP increase

• Creator
    Topic
    Glos Guy
    Participant

The 2024 facelifted Hyundai Tucson has joined the scheme today. There are some welcome additions, in that the self charging hybrid and PHEV variants have both joined the scheme in both top spec trims – Ultimate and N-Line S. AP’s remain at the lower prices that were introduced at the start of the quarter, which we thought had been for the outgoing model.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Glos Guy.
    Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 92 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

Subzy ,Sportage GTS FHEV AWD ,take look test drive what ever colour you fancy.<l

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Avatar photomickyarmy.
        Participant

subzy
          Participant

Subzy ,Sportage GTS FHEV AWD ,take look test drive what ever colour you fancy.<l

Problem is, I just cancelled my Sportage GTS PHEV AWD, which turned up unexpectedly 2 months early, – because they told me lastminute.com, the accessory “illuminated side sills” wasn’t compatible with PHEV (ONLY ICE & HEV) – after dealer insisted I paid for it in advance 3 months ago.

Spent the last 15 days chasing the dealer to refund my cc – they told me refund cheque in post – told them they’re breaking UK legislation and insisted on cc refund.

Wasn’t too bothered after seeing the new Tuscon MY25 here, but that fell just fell through lastminute.com too. How’s my luck ?

Local kia dealer wouldn’t accept new order for HEV model – that WAS compatible with “illuminated side sills”.

Also, dealer was offended aftee I said “I’m suprised at the level of competence of all parties concerned” (them & KIA). –  “Especially after you insisted I paid for ALL accessories in advance 3 months ago”.

Oh, the drama…

Participant

Bless you ,sod the illuminated sills I would not of cancelled car  order ,it’s fantastic car sportage   ,but I do hope you get it sorted , me personally ,me ,I know tucsan had facelift , but these cars are so simular, me ,I would have sportage always , it’s difficult when changeing car orders, to get latest look , but we all have to make choices and do what we thinks best . I hope the situation gets sorted for you . And tucsan AP cost to get top line . We all have our favourite models.

subzy
              Participant

Bless you ,sod the illuminated sills I would not of cancelled car order ,it’s fantastic car sportage ,but I do hope you get it sorted , me personally ,me ,I know tucsan had facelift , but these cars are so simular, me ,I would have sportage always , it’s difficult when changeing car orders, to get latest look , but we all have to make choices and do what we thinks best . I hope the situation gets sorted for you .

Thank you for your “shoulder of support” Sir.

You’re right, especially as the “smart park assist” was standard on the GTS PHEV (AWD).

Sometimes, I think I’m my own worst enemy. Lol.

But “hey ho”, can always go to another KIA dealer I suppose – but no PHEV AWD on scheme now – only HEV.

Roll on Q3… let’s see…

kezo
                Participant

Spent 1.5 hrs, going through all the details with the dealer – to be told that “Lux Pack Smart Assist parking” option, is currently “unavailable at this present time”, on factory order. Gutted.

The 360 camera’s are excellent quality, although I wan’t interest in the lux pack and wouldn’t of made use of remote park assist anyway. Although I do believe it only goes backwards and forwards like the Sportage rather than the full features of park assist seen in Hyundai/Kia EV’s, which from the video’s Ive seen isn’t the best anyway lol.

If its something you really need, rather than a toy to show off to your family once, then I wouldn’t waste your money.

Glos Guy
                  Participant

Bless you ,sod the illuminated sills I would not of cancelled car order ,it’s fantastic car sportage ,but I do hope you get it sorted , me personally ,me ,I know tucsan had facelift , but these cars are so simular, me ,I would have sportage always , it’s difficult when changeing car orders, to get latest look , but we all have to make choices and do what we thinks best . I hope the situation gets sorted for you .

That’s fine if you like Kia’s styling though Micky. I know that looks are subjective, but even though I’m not keen on Hyundai’s styling, I’d still prefer one to a Kia. For me, Kia’s current cars are pig ugly, especially from the rear. I appreciate that the cars are very similar though, so if you can live with the looks of the Kia it’s a great buy.

Participant

Yes ,you’ve learnt a lesson there ,,Stop Think a bit ,than do what’s best ,yes try another kia dealer, the sportage my 25 is one of best choices on scheme at present ,I think GTS FHEV AWD. Is wonderfull ,,RED for me or that blue, green popular too ,

kezo
                      Participant

That’s fine if you like Kia’s styling though Micky. I know that looks are subjective, but even though I’m not keen on Hyundai’s styling, I’d still prefer one to a Kia. For me, Kia’s current cars are pig ugly, especially from the rear. I appreciate that the cars are very similar though, so if you can live with the looks of the Kia it’s a great buy.

The Tucson interior is roomier than the Sportage, hence my leaning to Hyundai this time and with my previous Tucson.

But, at the end of the day it’s down to which one you prefer however where the PHEV’s are concerned my25 Tucson has the more powerfull electric motor (not sure on HEV’s), Everest double glazing and updated matrix headlights, which are good but, not quite on par with Audi/BMW.

@Glos-Guy
                        I tried to do the test today but, failed like an old fool! Went to Aldi to do shopping as they offer free charging, so plugged in whils’t shopping but, it had not charged on return to the car! I will charge it to full “at home” and go for a spin at weekend. Sorry mate.

Glos Guy
                        Participant

No rush @kezo

Participant

Of course  kia & hyundai are same company yes, well hyundai own kia and opperate independantly  but very much simular cars .I love look of sportage front back  ,so much that if facelift sportage shows up ,supposedly started nov 2024 I would not give a t***, but we all have our likes dislikes . You made wise choice .

Participant

Spelling typos above

Damn2373
                              Participant

Dealer confirmed my hyundai tuscon ultimate hybrid will be ready end of Sept. Possibility of it coming in late August but won’t hold my breath. Order placed end of May.

kezo
                                Participant

Dealer confirmed my hyundai tuscon ultimate hybrid will be ready end of Sept. Possibility of it coming in late August but won’t hold my breath. Order placed end of May.

Congrats hope you enjoy it!

subzy
                                  Participant

Saw this on my research travels.

Tuscon AWD off road.

Was very impressed.

https://youtu.be/wq3Gg2–qmk

kezo
                                    Participant

Saw this on my research travels. Tuscon AWD off road. Was very impressed. https://youtu.be/wq3Gg2–qmk

The HTRAC system is pretty good, given its no an off road vehicle, it copes pretty well compared to similar cars.

Theres a video that goes through mountans in winter, past a remote town with other vehicles on u tube somewhere.

Pleased with mine and should do well in winter considering I live up a mountain.

Glos Guy
                                      Participant

@kezo Does the Tucson have a permanent 4WD system, or is it like my BMW where the power to each axle (and indeed wheel) varies depending on the traction required (which also helps fuel economy)?

Also, whilst running costs aren’t a major consideration, I’m still trying to get my head around whether the PHEV is the best model for me and would appreciate your take on this. I completely understand why company car drivers go for them (due to the low benefit in kind tax) but I need to be sure that the extra weight of the car and smaller petrol tank are more than offset by the extra power and economy. The Tucson PHEV is around 60 bhp more powerful than my BMW, but the extra weight makes it slower, and one or two reports I’ve read suggest that once the battery is depleted the fuel economy isn’t great due to the heaviness of the car (I appreciate that these issues apply to all PHEVs and not just the Tucson).

I’ve often seen MPG figures quoted for PHEVs but obviously this is only part of the picture as you have to pay to charge it as well. Have you worked out how much it costs to charge yours? My electric cost 27p per kWh last month but has come down this month (can’t find the new rate). I’m interested to know what the likely pence per mile is to run on electric only, based on the charge cost divided by the realistic electric only range (30 miles?).

I’m guessing that on longer journeys it’s better to leave the car in hybrid mode and let the car decide when to use the engine and when to use the battery, but I’ve no idea what the likely cost per mile is likely to be in that scenario, as the quoted MPG is nonsense (as it is with all PHEVs) and, again, I’d have to factor in the charging cost as well as the petrol used.

As I say, it’s an easy decision for company car drivers as the tax saving makes it a no brainer, but I’m struggling to get my head around it as a private driver where we have no tax advantages and have to pay more AP to get one. Thoughts welcome!

kezo
                                        Participant

@kezo Does the Tucson have a permanent 4WD system, or is it like my BMW where the power to each axle (and indeed wheel) varies depending on the traction required (which also helps fuel economy)? Also, whilst running costs aren’t a major consideration, I’m still trying to get my head around whether the PHEV is the best model for me and would appreciate your take on this. I completely understand why company car drivers go for them (due to the low benefit in kind tax) but I need to be sure that the extra weight of the car and smaller petrol tank are more than offset by the extra power and economy. The Tucson PHEV is around 60 bhp more powerful than my BMW, but the extra weight makes it slower, and one or two reports I’ve read suggest that once the battery is depleted the fuel economy isn’t great due to the heaviness of the car (I appreciate that these issues apply to all PHEVs and not just the Tucson). I’ve often seen MPG figures quoted for PHEVs but obviously this is only part of the picture as you have to pay to charge it as well. Have you worked out how much it costs to charge yours? My electric cost 27p per kWh last month but has come down this month (can’t find the new rate). I’m interested to know what the likely pence per mile is to run on electric only, based on the charge cost divided by the realistic electric only range (30 miles?). I’m guessing that on longer journeys it’s better to leave the car in hybrid mode and let the car decide when to use the engine and when to use the battery, but I’ve no idea what the likely cost per mile is likely to be in that scenario, as the quoted MPG is nonsense (as it is with all PHEVs) and, again, I’d have to factor in the charging cost as well as the petrol used. As I say, it’s an easy decision for company car drivers as the tax saving makes it a no brainer, but I’m struggling to get my head around it as a private driver where we have no tax advantages and have to pay more AP to get one. Thoughts welcome!

AWD same as your BMW. Ive heard you can manually lock the diff but, I don’t believe that is applicable on european models, as haven’t seen the button to do so.

PHEV’s are popular with company car drivers because of the BIK rate, but very few company drivers charger them or rather aren’t bothered. In the retail market PHEV’s aren’t as popular as HEV’s because of the increased purchase cost, which doesn’t apply to the scheme.

If you are going to keep the battery topped up once or twice a week depending on your useage it will be economical, if your not going to bother look at the HEV.

The PHEV has a 160hp ICE (previously 180hp), the electric motor has an increased output of around 15bhp  combined 250hp and 376Nm. It surges forward in electric and HEV. To put it into context its quicker off the line than my 220d.

My recent trip a couple of weeks ago (see previos post), over 400miles without charging, the battery never fully depleted below 12%, acting as a HEV after the battery reached that point. @johntheleg posted great mpg out of his, so perhaps he can chirp in.

I’m getting closer to 34mpg on a full charge driving sensibly keeping up with traffic rather than driving like agranny. I would expect more if I didn’t live up a mountain.

The current price cap in my area is 22.37p and the battery 13.8kW. You never really charge from 0-100%, rather 12-100% (88% or 12.14kW) I’m charging just 2.5 times week for context of my mon – fri school runs etc.

Calculation £/kW x kWh charge / 34

£0.2237 x 12.14kW = £2.71/34 miles = 7.9p per mile

To put that in comparison having an overnigt ev tariff (averaged across the board)

£0.08 x 12.14kW = £0.97p  / 34 miles = 2.8p per mile

In comparison to an ICE capable of 50mpg = 13p per mile.

On the standard electric rate I’m saving £12+ week, £50 month, £600 yr, £1800 over the lease based on current ev range, just taking daughter to school and running locally. To put that into context the HEV is £3,999, £600 cheaper. I’m yet to decide whether to go on a cheap EV rate however, the numbers stack up if I did.

The modes are EV, Auto and HEV and on face value they don’t make immediate sense, as Ive gound out.

EV mode will run in EV mode essentially till the battery drains to 12% and switch to HEV mode, unless you go more than 50% into “power” of the eco counter and the engine starts but turns off once power is reduced below 5% power range.

HEV mode, drives as a hybrid but, holds the batter charge at the level you were at when you started off, essentially keeping the engine on tickover, acting a a generator more than it should. For ease of mind this is what is otherwise known as “charge mode”  or keeping the battery for zero ennission zones!

Auto mode, by far the best mode and most economical mode to use. Auto mode will stay in EV mode as much as possible and is the mode I use for 34 miles EV running taking my daughter to school and running about. On a run it uses the battery and acts like a full hybrid does by running in ev as much as possible. Go chasing 0-60 times the engine will come in come in as with any PHEV. It will cruise at 70+ in ev untill the battery runs to 12% and switches to hybrid. I got 50.4 mpg in this mode visiting parents as I do every 3-4 weeks on a mixture of roads.

In minus degrees winter months, I’m expecting 25 miles ev range and late 30’s early 40 mpg maybe slightly more, because of my Raynauds I’m going to need cabin at a minimum of 24c. This is acheived by the engine running for a short time every now and again at slightly higher rev’s than tickover (think Nissam E-Power) to heat the coolant through a bypass valve across the exhaust manifold, to provide heat similar to an ICE but quicker. However the heated seats and steering wheel get hot on level 3, so I may not need to rely on such a high temp ICE heat as much or not at all, if I can use it as suplementary heat, resulting in less ICE usage, if your following me lol. This may also apply to you. Again perhaps @johntheleg can chirp in here.

For the sake of easyness in your case of 30miles split motorway/urban, if you only did 15 miles in EV youve halfed your cost. However you’ll get far more than that. Should you join a cheap overnight ev tariff and keep the battery topped up, the saving will be huge over the lease.

You got to keep the battery tpped up and the manufacturers claimed mileage is possible.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by kezo.
                                          Nannieree
                                          Participant

Can anyone who has the new model do the back seats slide forward?

and the length of the boot area from back seat to rear of car please?

kezo
                                            Participant

Can anyone who has the new model do the back seats slide forward? and the length of the boot area from back seat to rear of car please?

Rear seats recline but, do not slide.

Length 35″

Participant

Yes rear seats recline but not slide ,sportage tucsan much same suppose.

Glos Guy
                                                Participant

Thanks @kezo My intention with a PHEV would definitely be to keep it charged and probably run it on EV mode for all local journeys (if the battery lasts). I can’t get a cheap EV tariff as I don’t have a smart meter and don’t want one (I’m done with electrical work in this house 😂).

I average about 42mpg with the BMW and petrol at our village petrol station is £1.40 a litre so, if my maths are correct, it’s costing me 15p a mile to run. If I understand your post correctly, it sounds as though the Tucson PHEV will be cheaper to run, even allowing for the charging costs at normal rates? The 34mpg comment threw me a bit, as that sounds really poor. I appreciate that you live on a mountain but presumably the climb up is offset by the coast back down? 🤔😂

I hope that I’m going to like the Tucson. Much as I will miss my BMW, the new ones have gone backwards in a number of respects IMO. I’ve now had 4 different iX1s (one xLine 30e, one M-Sport 20e and two M-Sport 30e’s) and I’ve been glad to get back in my 2021 petrol X1 every time. The combination of an over complicated and non-user friendly iDrive system, coupled with the lack of a rotary controller, has ruined what was a class leading  infotainment system. It’s no longer intuitive and is a faff to use when driving. I appreciate that the Tucson is touch screen only as well, and the voice control isn’t as good as BMWs, but from what I’ve seen of it so far, it seems to be more intuitive.

BTW, the bings and bongs issue that Hyundai love has crept into BMW as well. The current iX1 I’m driving keeps on binging to tell me I’m exceeding the speed limit. It’s worse than my wife 😂 And the remaining range is falling at about twice the actual number of miles that I’m driving. I appreciate that the two issues are possibly connected 🤔😂

Nannieree
                                                  Participant

Thank you love the Tucson but not enough room in the back without sliding seats for my scooter 🥴

Participant

Im told 2025 sportage slightly bigger ,but tucsan sportage  almost same size.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Avatar photomickyarmy.
                                                      kezo
                                                      Participant

I average about 42mpg with the BMW and petrol at our village petrol station is £1.40 a litre so, if my maths are correct, it’s costing me 15p a mile to run. If I understand your post correctly, it sounds as though the Tucson PHEV will be cheaper to run, even allowing for the charging costs at normal rates? The 34mpg comment threw me a bit, as that sounds really poor. I appreciate that you live on a mountain but presumably the climb up is offset by the coast back down?

34mpg? I’m getting  34 miles ev currently and thats taking into account I go down in EV mode and come up in EV mode.

Yes, its currently workng out at 7.9p mile based on standard rate.

“Calculation £/kW x kWh charge / 34

£0.2237 x 12.14kW = £2.71/34 miles = 7.9p per mile”

I can see no reason why you won’t match or even better the 42mpg when the car switches to hybrid (auto) and eco driving mode, which is more than enough. Sport mode use’s both engine and battery.

When you look, open the door and say that looks nice whils’t refraining from prodding lower down and you’ll be ok 😂. Its on par with the tiggy.

I have warning volume turned to zero and some functions on haptic vibrate steering wheel or off. LKA can be turned off at the steering wheel, with all that bees is ISL which with the radio on you don’t notice as the warning volume is low.

I’ll find you the setting.

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 92 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.