Facelifted Tucson Now on Motability – Better choice and no AP increase

• Creator
    Topic
    Glos Guy
    Participant

The 2024 facelifted Hyundai Tucson has joined the scheme today. There are some welcome additions, in that the self charging hybrid and PHEV variants have both joined the scheme in both top spec trims – Ultimate and N-Line S. AP’s remain at the lower prices that were introduced at the start of the quarter, which we thought had been for the outgoing model.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Glos Guy.
    Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 92 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

My current Tucson is Amazon Grey pearl, which is a greeny grey and this is prominent in bright sunlight. On a dull day its grey/green.

IMO there is not an awful lot of difference between Amazon Greay peal and Cypress Grey pearl. If anything there is a shade difference between the two colours.

Amazon grey

Cypress Green:

https://www.westriding.co.uk/used-car-details/new-hyundai-tucson-16-t-gdi-ultimate-auto-euro-6-suv-cypress-green-automatic-petrol-hybrid/id-202405260101592/

Damn2373
        Participant

I did see the car on autotrader again unless you see it in the flesh you cant be sure.

I have driven the facelifted model very similar if not the same as the the Kia Sportage which was the only other car i test drove. I drove the N Line Hybrid model. Was a little disappointed with how it handled over the bumps/pot holes in lovely Croydon 😉 but better than my current 2018 tucson.

kezo
          Participant

I did see the car on autotrader again unless you see it in the flesh you cant be sure. I have driven the facelifted model very similar if not the same as the the Kia Sportage which was the only other car i test drove. I drove the N Line Hybrid model. Was a little disappointed with how it handled over the bumps/pot holes in lovely Croydon 😉 but better than my current 2018 tucson.

I’d put mony on the tyres being overinflated, which isquite  common given that manufacturers are doing PDI at the docks and then the dealer not bothering to check them!

When I picked my 2022 Tucson up all corners were at 35psi, which slowly rose to 39/40psi once the tyres were warmed up after driving. From memory Hyundai state 32psi, which mine are now set at and is a much better ride.

The N lines front suspension is 8% stiffer, and the rear suspension is 5% stiffer, than non N line models aswell and 19″ wheels

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by kezo.
            kezo
            Participant
              Participant

We are more than happy with our sportage gts Fhev,love it, due facelift Nov 25, so reported .

Participant

Or nov 24 ?

Glos Guy
                  Participant

@Glos-Guy Anything that tickles your pickle: https://tools.mercedes-benz.co.uk/current/passenger-cars/motability/price-guide.pdf

Not a massive fan of Mercedes, but will take a look.

kezo
                    Participant

Vehicle in the dealers ready for collection next Thursday.

I have been doing some research on the power output and it seems Hyundai are following Toyota’s & others lead in only quoting the torque of the electric motor as the output only, which is 304Nm. This changed from the MY23.

For 2025 the electric motor has seen an increase from 66.9kW to 72kW, which equates to around 8hp increase.

As for the engine it is interesting where you look, whether that is Hyundai worldwide or UK/Europe. It use to be Hyundai mentioned the engine specs 180PS 242Nm, which  would be combined with the electric motor when both were in use together. However Hyundai no longer mentions an 180PS engine as I can see on the MHEV 4wd, rather it having a 160PS 264Nm engine. As I said it’s unfortunate aren’t breaking the PHEV engine specs down anymore in europe.

Hyundai worldwide on the other hand are quoting things differently, stating there has been an overall 8hp increase (which tally’s with the 8hp electric motor increase) in the 2025 Tucson to 268hp 350Nm torque!!

Either way theres either an overall increase as stated by Hundai worldwide or a minimal difference between the outgoing model and new when both powertrains are working together.

Glos Guy
                      Participant

Blimey. That’s quick @kezo. I’ll be very interested to hear how you find the performance and refinement when you take delivery. I’m sitting on my hands at the moment. I’m struggling with the concept of handing back a very nice BMW and paying £4.5k to move into a Hyundai.

P.S. back from 2 weeks holiday and no power trips whilst we were away 👍

kezo
                        Participant

Blimey. That’s quick @kezo. I’ll be very interested to hear how you find the performance and refinement when you take delivery. I’m sitting on my hands at the moment. I’m struggling with the concept of handing back a very nice BMW and paying £4.5k to move into a Hyundai. P.S. back from 2 weeks holiday and no power trips whilst we were away 👍

Prob too quick, as I was expecting end of month and playing roulette, with the possibility of delaying till the 1st for the new quarter. The manager did say it was my choice however, if I was doing it in hope the AP would drop, he said its more likely to go up than come down.

I personally find £4.5k way too much to pay on a Mota vehicle but it’s very much the sign of the times unless you want an electric vehicle! I did look round at other vehicles even hybrids of similar spec and size but, they were all around the £4k and up price, so gathered paying that bit more for a PHEV would have better returns over the 3yr lease and work out overall cheaper than a £4k hybrid. I did look at the Formentor VZ2 e hybrid (PHEV) which was £300 cheaper but, apart from being lower, the £300 saving would be stress as its was all touchscreen which I hate!

I also went to have a look at the Tiguan which I didn’t like, as it reminded me of a reworked piano black drivers display area out of a Mokka. Apart from having far more of the piano black than the Tucson, I didn’t like the look of the mainly touch screen portable TV, plus not knowing what trims would join if any other than Match.

This will be the last vehicle I have on the scheme, which we have excepted.

Good to hear your electrics are now in order!

Hope you had a great holiday 🙂

kezo
                          Participant

Got it!

I can confirm it has acoustic glass on the windscreen and drivers and passengers windows!

No prblem with power being on par with the outging model if not better especially in ev mode, which I came home on.

Its was charged to about 95% showing 39 miles, 18 miles driven and showing 34 or 35 miles can’t remember.

Its pouring down so will update and put some pic’s on over the next day or two 🙂

wmcforum
                            Which Mobility Car

Got it!

Marvellous.

JohntheLeg
                              Participant

@Kezo thats great.

Looking forward to the pics.

Phaedra
                                Participant

Yay!!!  Come on Kezo, get out in the rain and take some photos! 🙂

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Glos Guy
                                  Participant

Got it! I can confirm it has acoustic glass on the windscreen and drivers and passengers windows! No prblem with power being on par with the outging model if not better especially in ev mode, which I came home on. Its was charged to about 95% showing 39 miles, 18 miles driven and showing 34 or 35 miles can’t remember. Its pouring down so will update and put some pic’s on over the next day or two 🙂

Congrats on the new car. Looking forward to hearing more about how you find it over the coming weeks and months.

subzy
                                    Participant

Any update on your pics please ?

Trying to decide on colour I want to order.

Also, how was your 400+ mile trip ? Any comments you wish to share ?

How was the ride on the 19″ wheels with the N Line S suspension ?

Were the Alcantara/ suede seats comfortable after a long drive ?

Do you have the SmartAssist self/ remote parking option fitted ? Did you try it ?

Many thanks

Glos Guy
                                      Participant

Any update on your pics please ? Trying to decide on colour I want to order. Also, how was your 400+ mile trip ? Any comments you wish to share ? How was the ride on the 19″ wheels with the N Line S suspension ? Were the Alcantara/ suede seats comfortable after a long drive ? Do you have the SmartAssist self/ remote parking option fitted ? Did you try it ? Many thanks

I’m also keen to hear how @kezo is finding his new car. I’m pretty certain that the N Line S has the same suspension as all the other models in the range unlike, for example, BMW where the M-Sport models have firmer suspension. With the Tucson, I believe that the N Line and N Line S are purely styling differences but are mechanically no different.

kezo
                                        Participant

Waited untill I had done a 400 mile round trip to visit family,giving a more balanced initial review!

My initial thoughts on the car, is its a galloping leap forward compared to the pre facelift. The cabin has an air of upmarket feel, with Hyundai’s soft touch materials on first inspection, anything below the steering wheel is hard plastic, not as you will notice looking. The front door card’s have Hyundai’s soft touch all over apart from the door bins which aren’t felt lined but, easily acheived if needed. To my surprise the rear door cars were the same as the front, which compared to the Tiggy’s hard plastic rear carss was a bonus. That said its not on the level of BMW’s soft touch. However, you wouldn’t want for options, as it has everything you could wish for. The @rse coolers have got to be one of my favourite lol.

The centre consul has a wiress charge pad, below that there is a nice feeling tactile rubber material to stop things rolling around. There is now a shelf above the glovebox, which mres kezo likes, as she can place her phone etc. The two screens are huge in comparison to the pre facelift and most importantly the graphics are sharp and clear, as is the 360 camera qaulity.  There is a HUD, which is crstal clear and display lots of things if you want however, I can take it all leave it and wouldn’t spec one as an option.

The windscreen and front side windows are acoustic glass, which makes for a suprisingly quite drive and certainly quiter than my previous one. I feel the car is much more planted than my prevous Tuscon, making for a far superior ride over our less than perfect roads. However it is heavy and you can tell its weight, when slowing from xxx mph. Throwing it about in corners, I am now use to and find no trouble doing it, which in part is due to the reasuring extra grip of the AWD system.

The key is up for discussion, with Hyundai reinventing the tamagotchi! However, this is easily soved as I am waiting delivery of an 80p cover from aliexpress to make it look like a key, rather than a toy!

Over the weekend visited family, meaning a 400 mile round trip. I decided, I would use HEV mode as it was beyond the reach of battery only range. I had also planned not to charge it untill I returned home. Over the 400 miles, with a little running about whils’t there. The car returned 50.4mpg, which considering its weight along with my heavy right foot, I didn’t think was too shabby especially compared to my previous Tucson ICE, which returned 40mpg on the same journey.

If I had started the journey in EV mode, I would have been able to drive on electric utill the battery reached 10-15% and then the car would have automatically switched to hybrid HEV mode. I’m not going to guess and give a false answer how many miles it would have travelled at higher speeds but, my plan is to try this in 3 weeks when I make the journey again, to see which is the most economical way of doing this journey. However, I can confirm the car will easily travel above 70mph on battery power alone.

In sport mode it goes like sh!t of a shoval, yet still manages to drive as a self charging hybrid (HEV), although not as much as in eco mode. There are 2 settings ECO & Sport, plus different terrain modes.

As said previous, I got the PHEV to save money taking dd to a from school and driving locally, which is where I think a PHEV shines. Prior to taking delivery I took a guess, I would need to charge it 2.5 times a week, which turned out to bang on really. For that I am getting to take my daughter to and from school (80 miles p/week) plus shopping etc say an extra 10 -15 miles or so. I currently pay 9p kwh off peak, so the 90 odd miles are costing £2.88 or £2.40 if I join Octopus Intelligent. Am I happy with that (range), yes and no to be honest! I would have liked a bit more range between charges but, I have to take into consideration, I live ontop of a mountain and generally hilly area, so logically it’s going to use more of the battery when going up a mountain than going down or living in an area which is more flat, so taking this into consideration I’m happy, especially given my previous nx4 Tucson used 3 gallons of petrol for the same journey.

I have yet to play in depth with the regen settings, when I feel brave enough to use anything other than level one. The car has 3 regen setting and a one pedal driving setting. I imagine using a setting higher than one will massively help to keep the battery topped up especially going down the mountain lol. I am use to ICE, so it will take time to get use to these, if I choose to use them.

This is relevant to the Sportage PHEV, apart from the my25 Tucson having a larger kW motor, making it 1s quicker than the pre facelift. I guess the Sportage will get next year.

I have breifly the adaptive cruise control and lane follow assist, which seemed to do as intended. I have also used the adaptive cruise in slow moving traffic in town, which again seemed to work as intended however, I am a “driver” so tend not to use these.

Would I have paid over £6k + options for a car on the scheme even if it was my favourite BMW that was available, no I wouldn’t is the simple answer! Its not my car to own and I wasn’t a fan giving Motability £4.6k ontop of sacrified benifits, given its not mine. As a retail customer things would have probably looked very different!

Thats it for now ladies and gents, I’ll update with a follow up in amonth or so 🙂

Glos Guy
                                          Participant

Great first review @kezo. It sounds as though you are pleased with it, which is all that matters, and 50mpg sounds great. We don’t live on a mountain, so if you had to guess, what range do you reckon we’d get on electric only (we are a few miles from a motorway and most journeys are on it) and would the cost per mile be significantly less than using petrol?

Participant

Kezo you mention you shop with aliexpress ,when ever I try as prices are very good , it says this company does not ship to uk .?

Phaedra
                                              Participant

You’re doing something wrong, they certainly do, been using them for a few years!.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

kezo
                                                Participant

Great first review @kezo. It sounds as though you are pleased with it, which is all that matters, and 50mpg sounds great. We don’t live on a mountain, so if you had to guess, what range do you reckon we’d get on electric only (we are a few miles from a motorway and most journeys are on it) and would the cost per mile be significantly less than using petrol?

I wouldn’t like to guess but, willing to go down the M4 to get an estimate between a couple of junctions and back when I go screwfix. How far do you travel once on motorway?

Kezo you mention you shop with aliexpress ,when ever I try as prices are very good , it says this company does not ship to uk .?

As @Phaedra says, you are doing something wrong

Glos Guy
                                                  Participant

@kezo Most of our ‘local’ journeys are around a 30 mile round trip, split roughly 50% motorway and 50% A and B roads (light traffic). Around once a week I do a 60 mile round trip, of which 45 miles is motorway. I also do longer journeys than that, but less frequently.

Participant

Ahh OK maybe my phone it’s had several up dates now ,I see now  I can shop with aliexxpress, should I want to.

subzy
                                                      Participant

Shout out and many thanks to @kezo, and ALL,  for ALL your most valuable contributions to this thread – VERY HELPFUL.

Went to order my Tuscon MY25 N line S PHEV AWD today.

Spent 1.5 hrs, going through all the details with the dealer – to be told that “Lux Pack Smart Assist parking” option, is currently “unavailable at this present time”, on factory order. Gutted.

Not available either on the Ionic 5 Ultimate AWD (Tech) aswell.

Trying to decide, whether to wait or proceed without ?

Your thoughts or comments gentleman  ?

Thanks.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 92 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.