Facelifted Tucson Now on Motability – Better choice and no AP increase

• Creator
    Topic
    Glos Guy
    Participant

The 2024 facelifted Hyundai Tucson has joined the scheme today. There are some welcome additions, in that the self charging hybrid and PHEV variants have both joined the scheme in both top spec trims – Ultimate and N-Line S. AP’s remain at the lower prices that were introduced at the start of the quarter, which we thought had been for the outgoing model.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by Glos Guy.
    Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Glos Guy
      Participant

@wmcforum I’ve just noticed that you flagged the facelifted Tucson a few days ago. For some reason, I’m not always getting email alerts to new posts on threads that I am subscribed to. It seems to be very hit and miss.

That being said, I’m pretty sure that there are more than the 3 additions you mentioned, although that might have been the ‘net change’ as some models have been discontinued and new ones added?  Self charging hybrids that weren’t on before have now been added in several trims and the PHEV added to the N-Line S, as well as the new trim level.

PHEV models are the 4WD versions. There’s a new 2WD PHEV but that’s not made it to the scheme (yet?)

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Glos Guy.
        kezo
        Participant

The facelift Tucson is certainly an improvement and brings it inline with the more modern looking Sportage interior, if not above!

Would I have another Tucson or Hyundai/Kia in general very much depends on:

(1) Can the “Bing Bongs” be turned down to barely audible like they can in the current generation or better turned off completely, because they don’t aid my driving in the slightest but, have an opposite effect!

(2) From July EU laws require speed assist will be turned on by default, requiring the driver to turn it off if they wish. The question is, will Hyundai/Kia follow most European manufacturers by having the peed recognition light flash when the speed limit is exceeded or will Hyundai/Kia stay true to form by not only having the speed recongnition light flash but, also add one of their legendary “Bing Bongs”! If so (and it applies to other makes):

(1) Will speed assist switch on by default at ever engine restart.

(2) Will turning it off be via a simple switch or deep in the menu.

(3) Will the extra fecking “Bing Bong” volume be able to be turned down to a minimum or off.

As I said, this is something to look at regardless of manufacturer however, I have seen no new information since 2022 from the DfT on its implementation in the UK.

On the whole I have liked my current Tucson, it no premium brand but, as far as mainstream brand’s go, it’s no better or worse IMO and you do get all the extra’s you’d ever want in a car, especially in the higher trim levels. One thing I will miss if I move to another manufacturer are the ventilatated seats lol.

It also depends what the delivery times are.

Tom65
          Participant

I wonder if they’ve sorted the GPF problem out,if not I’d stay away from the petrol model

kezo
            Participant
              JohntheLeg
              Participant

In the two and a half years and 26000 miles I have never had a GPF problem with my Tucson Ultimate Phev.

It has been a comfortable car to drive and as @kezo has said the ventilation seats are great. I had the tech pack fitted and have found the smart parking feature very useful.

If they could give the Tucson more electric miles say 70 miles like the Tiguan I would probably go for another one.

Damn2373
                Participant

My renewal is due in August (5 year + 6month extension) – currently have the Tucson. Was about to pull the trigger on the Sportage but just seen this post and now torn between the Facelifted Tucson and the sportage.

Looks like there are 1 or 2 additional features that come with the Tucson compared to the Sportage for the same price.

Was keen in not getting the Tucson again, just didnt pull when needed and suffers from “juddering” when in the lower gears but with the new model and HEV engine would change things.

kezo
                  Participant

My renewal is due in August (5 year + 6month extension) – currently have the Tucson. Was about to pull the trigger on the Sportage but just seen this post and now torn between the Facelifted Tucson and the sportage. Looks like there are 1 or 2 additional features that come with the Tucson compared to the Sportage for the same price. Was keen in not getting the Tucson again, just didnt pull when needed and suffers from “juddering” when in the lower gears but with the new model and HEV engine would change things.

The new Tucson is available from dealer stock or from the port, where as the Sportage will be on backorder for some reason i.e Kia isletting the 2025 Tucson hit the market first, plus the Sportage isn’t due a full facelift yet.

As for wanting a Sportage over the Tucson, you do realise that Hyundai/Kia are essentially the same cars.

I have the same problem in my Tucson petrol in low gears, which isn’t pressent on the HEV/PHEV versions.

I visited my local dealer yesterday who had an HEV in stock and its world apart from the current model with fit and finish looks.

Glos Guy
                    Participant

I’ve heard nothing from our local Hyundai dealer re a test drive of a PHEV Tucson, but we are away for a few weeks now so I won’t bother to chase until we are back, especially as I’d prefer to test the facelifted model.

Now that the N-Line S is on the scheme in PHEV form I think I’d be leaning more towards that over the Ultimate as I much prefer the body colour wheel arches and bumpers over the tonka toy like plastic cladding on the Ultimate, but it’s a pain that you can’t get leather seats on the N-Line S. It will hinge on how it is for my wife to get in and out of, as leather is easier to slide on.

Of course, I may not like it and prefer to hold on to our BMW X1 for longer, but at least there is a choice! I’d probably like to also compare it to the new VW Tiguan as well, as I’m sure that will join the scheme later this year. I haven’t seen one in the flesh yet but from what I’ve seen I like the exterior styling (although it still has horrible plastic wheel arches and bumpers on the Elegance) but less so the interior, and leather is a £2k option, which is outrageous.

Damn2373
                      Participant

Ah from dealer stock wasnt aware of that – have booked a test drive for Saturday. Yea im aware they are both fall under the Hyundai umbrella.

kezo
                        Participant

I’ve heard nothing from our local Hyundai dealer re a test drive of a PHEV Tucson, but we are away for a few weeks now so I won’t bother to chase until we are back, especially as I’d prefer to test the facelifted model. Now that the N-Line S is on the scheme in PHEV form I think I’d be leaning more towards that over the Ultimate as I much prefer the body colour wheel arches and bumpers over the tonka toy like plastic cladding on the Ultimate, but it’s a pain that you can’t get leather seats on the N-Line S. It will hinge on how it is for my wife to get in and out of, as leather is easier to slide on. Of course, I may not like it and prefer to hold on to our BMW X1 for longer, but at least there is a choice! I’d probably like to also compare it to the new VW Tiguan as well, as I’m sure that will join the scheme later this year. I haven’t seen one in the flesh yet but from what I’ve seen I like the exterior styling (although it still has horrible plastic wheel arches and bumpers on the Elegance) but less so the interior, and leather is a £2k option, which is outrageous.

I had a look at the N line S yesterday, which is all they had in the showroom in both HEV/MHEV. Like you I prefer body coloured wheel arches however, the ultimate still remains top of the range and gains memory drivers seat over the N line S. Every other spec is the same apart from leather seats, which I prefer over ultra suede (microfibre) or whatever it is.

The twin screens and HUD lifts the car’s visual appeal and there are physical buttons for functions that matter. There is also ambient lighting in the cabin although not as pretty as that in the Tiggy, if that floats your boat. There are softish touch materials on the dash, front and rear doors along with where it matters and the door bins are not felt lined but, something I easily did on my current car.

The new Tiggy I don’t like the dash layout unfortunately. To me it looks like they have plonked a massive screen the size of a portable TV in the centre of the dash lol and there are an equal amount of hard plastics, if not more with the rear door cards being hard plastic. A far cry from VW’s of old. More importantly is the price it will command, given I will not own the car, should it joins the scheme. Even the basic Match trim, which is the one likely to join, will be silly money!

Damn2373
                          Participant

I have to go and see the car but the addition of the HUD (according to video yesterday Android Auto works so your navigation will show up which is brilliant as i only use that for nav), Intelligent Front-Lighting System and rear window sun blind (small thing but makes a difference) on top of what the Sportage already has struggling not to choose it. Plus though not confirmed i feel like the Sportage is due a facelift (or so the stories from Korea say!) and I cant delay placing an order before Aug.

Regarding Tiguan if it came with more features would happily return to VW but for the cost you dont get much with it!
                            If i could wait longer and see what other options come up including new Kodiaq (if it comes back on the scheme that would have been better but time be ticking!

Glos Guy
                            Participant

@kezo The N-Line S and Ultimate are joint top spec and priced identically. As you say, the Ultimate has leather and memory for drivers seat, whereas the N-Line S trades those for additional exterior and interior styling. The drivers memory is a waste of time for me as nobody else ever drives the car. I would prefer the leather trim though. Equally I’d much prefer the styling of the N-Line S, which is frustrating!

Did you definitely see HUD on the Tucson? It’s not mentioned at all in the UK spec, even though it’s fitted in other markets. Same with double glazed front side windows. No mention in UK spec but fitted on top spec models in other markets.

kezo
                              Participant

Hi @Glos-Guy I’m in the same boat re leather seats but, prefer the styling of the N line S nor have I every used the memory seat function on mine ether!

The lady sI can specifically remember her saying yesterday “the car comes with an head up display if that interests you” Now for the life of me I can’t remember if saw one or not but think I saw the whole at top of dash. My mind isn’t what it once was 😂

Spoiler alert! I have just got back from ordering the N line S PHEV in Ecotronic Grey and will be with me sometime next month, as it is at the docks so only need transporting to the dealer 🙂

I got pissed off with looking at cars finding nothing suitable and contenplating leaving the scheme, I just thought sod it I’ll order one before prices go up or its removed from the scheme or something!

kezo
                                Participant

I have to go and see the car but the addition of the HUD (according to video yesterday Android Auto works so your navigation will show up which is brilliant as i only use that for nav), Intelligent Front-Lighting System and rear window sun blind (small thing but makes a difference) on top of what the Sportage already has struggling not to choose it. Plus though not confirmed i feel like the Sportage is due a facelift (or so the stories from Korea say!) and I cant delay placing an order before Aug. Regarding Tiguan if it came with more features would happily return to VW but for the cost you dont get much with it! If i could wait longer and see what other options come up including new Kodiaq (if it comes back on the scheme that would have been better but time be ticking!

Android Auto & Carplay are now wireless. I’m sure you’ll like it when you see one in the flesh 🙂

Glos Guy
                                  Participant

Hi @Glos-Guy I’m in the same boat re leather seats but, prefer the styling of the N line S nor have I every used the memory seat function on mine ether! The lady sI can specifically remember her saying yesterday “the car comes with an head up display if that interests you” Now for the life of me I can’t remember if saw one or not but think I saw the whole at top of dash. My mind isn’t what it once was 😂 Spoiler alert! I have just got back from ordering the N line S PHEV in Ecotronic Grey and will be with me sometime next month, as it is at the docks so only need transporting to the dealer 🙂 I got pissed off with looking at cars finding nothing suitable and contenplating leaving the scheme, I just thought sod it I’ll order one before prices go up or its removed from the scheme or something!

Excellent news. Well done! Hopefully you will get it very soon and can then give me an honest view on how you find it!

kezo
                                    Participant

Excellent news. Well done! Hopefully you will get it very soon and can then give me an honest view on how you find it!

I will indeed do that for you! I can also confirm after speaking to the dealer again, who offered a different colour next week and confirmed it indeed has a HUD display as seen in the online video’s 🙂

Glos Guy
                                      Participant

I will indeed do that for you! I can also confirm after speaking to the dealer again, who offered a different colour next week and confirmed it indeed has a HUD display as seen in the online video’s 🙂

Thanks. Thats good. I’ve got HUD on my BMW. Tbh I wouldn’t pay extra for it again, but happy to have it as standard. I’ll be interested to know if it has double glazed front door windows as well. You’d assume so if standard in other markets, but they don’t seem to have done a very thorough job of the U.K. spec guide. Could be just on the Ultimate though?

My wife says she’d like silver if we went for an N-Line S (to contrast with the black interior) and Cypress Green if we go for the Ultimate (to contrast with the light leather interior) although I’d want to see that colour in the flesh first. The dark grey looks lovely but we’ve had at least 3 grey cars in a row and fancy a change this time!

Phaedra
                                        Participant

@kezo  Excellent news  🙂

I must admit I wouldn’t be without the HUD on the Enyaq now I’m used to having it!.

Keep us updated and of course lots of photos when you get it 🙂

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

kezo
                                          Participant

Thanks. Thats good. I’ve got HUD on my BMW. Tbh I wouldn’t pay extra for it again, but happy to have it as standard. I’ll be interested to know if it has double glazed front door windows as well. You’d assume so if standard in other markets, but they don’t seem to have done a very thorough job of the U.K. spec guide. Could be just on the Ultimate though? My wife says she’d like silver if we went for an N-Line S (to contrast with the black interior) and Cypress Green if we go for the Ultimate (to contrast with the light leather interior) although I’d want to see that colour in the flesh first. The dark grey looks lovely but we’ve had at least 3 grey cars in a row and fancy a change this time!

Similar to other manufacturers, they have a different spec’s depending on the market. Car Scene Korea (specifically states)

Laminated glass, which was on aKorean N line S. I stupidly asked the sales lady if it had double glazing and got a strange look of her. I forgot to go into more detail today however, my windscreen has it or at least the symbol on the windscreen suggests it does!

Dynamic dampers (not electrnonic), so probably includes a couple of bump stops in the shock’s.

Emotion EDVTC, which helps withg the vertick and side by side sway motion.

Non of these are specifically mentioned in the spec’s but neith was the HUD, so who knows.

As for Cypress green, I think it includes the top half colour of the dash along with the seats if you look at the spec’s. I’d definately want t look at it first, as the last thing you’d want is to look like your driving  a 1970’s avocado green bathtub 🤣

kezo
                                            Participant

@kezo Excellent news 🙂 I must admit I wouldn’t be without the HUD on the Enyaq now I’m used to having it!. Keep us updated and of course lots of photos when you get it 🙂

Thanks mate. It was the case of talking to GG this morning I thougt feck it I’m going down to order one. I just hope it was one of my wiser snap decisions!

Plenty of pic’s to follow 🙂

Glos Guy
                                              Participant

@kezo If we went for Cypress Green it would be the exterior only (pearlescent paint). We wouldn’t go for the Cypress Green interior – it would be the Moss Grey (which looks cream). I’ve seen a few on Autotrader but I’d want to see one for myself in daylight.

kezo
                                                Participant

@kezo If we went for Cypress Green it would be the exterior only (pearlescent paint). We wouldn’t go for the Cypress Green interior – it would be the Moss Grey (which looks cream). I’ve seen a few on Autotrader but I’d want to see one for myself in daylight.

Got you!

The seats imo are off white but look nice in real life and would have being the colour I’d choose if going for the ultimate. Moss grey seats are used across different cars, if ever you spot one out with them 🙂

Ellyr5
                                                  Participant

We test drove the H T when we were looking for a car and really liked it, now with the Volvo fiascos I wish we had ordered one then but looking at the A P prices for an automatic now I sadly can’t justify spending that and swapping my order now. Shame.

Damn2373
                                                    Participant

We ordered the tucson on Tuesday just gone. Ultimate, black paint with grey interior. Other than grey the showroom  couldn’t show me any of the other colours available so just went with black – we had a red tucson before and I was leaning to the green colour but without seeing it just could order it.

We did have to put down a deposit which was a first, apparently standard practice for them going forward  as many people when it comes to payment cancel and state they don’t have the funds.

Lead time will be told later in June. Not as smooth and as informative as when I ordered my skoda superb back in 2015 things have changed I guess.

Glos Guy
                                                      Participant

@Damn2373 Like you, I would want to see a new colour ‘in the flesh’ before ordering but, if it helps, there are a number of new Cypress Green Tucson ultimates on Autotrader now. Lots of photos – some inside showrooms and some outside in natural light. It seems to be quite a grey-green but I suspect it has a bit more colour in sunlight.

Have you had a test drive of the facelifted model? I’m particularly keen to know what the revised PHEV is like, especially as the performance is down on the outgoing model.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.