Extending motability lease

• Creator
    Topic
  • #74373 Reply
    John

I’m sure I read on one of the threads that motability are allowing customers to extend their lease beyond the 3 year lease,can anyone please confirm if this is true??

thanks

Viewing 6 replies - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #120927 Reply
    Russ

Thanks Gary.  I only have a go go elite scooter which would only require an 80k hoist.

#120939 Reply
    c2clo
    Participant

@c2clo sounds like you are in much the same position as us, can I ask what your shortlist is? Cheers

@Gary

The car is for my wife who is a none driver. Seating is the top priority for us due to my wife’s disability. Our personal shortlist

Seat Tarraco – the eventual winner, some compromises mainly in the engine department. Drives well enough but not a patch on our XC60.

Peugeot 5008 – very close second place but rejected due to poor adjustment on passenger seat backrest. Drives very well better than the Tarraco

BMW X2 – it would have worked, but just too many compromises in terms of space. Worst drive of the three, but still pretty good

Hope that helps. We had a lot of help from our Mobility Adapter who spent some time working out what we needed in terms of size and space. If I can be of any more help let me know.

SEAT Tarraco 2.0TSi 190 4Drive Excellence with Pano Roof and leather seats!

#120946 Reply
    Gary

@c2clo

Hi, could you advise on your wheelchair, and its weight, we are in the same position, where its for my wife, who is a non driver, and seating is extremely important for her.  We looked at the Tarraco, but initial guidance was that it wouldn’t take the weight of our pride fusion (about 120kg I think, though possibly more)

I would love to add it back to the list 🙂

#120951 Reply
    c2clo
    Participant

@c2clo Hi, could you advise on your wheelchair, and its weight, we are in the same position, where its for my wife, who is a non driver, and seating is extremely important for her. We looked at the Tarraco, but initial guidance was that it wouldn’t take the weight of our pride fusion (about 120kg I think, though possibly more) I would love to add it back to the list 🙂

@Gary

Wheelchair is an Ottobock B400 at 95kg. I think our Mobility Adapter said 120kg was the max for an AutoChair LP Hoist in the Tarraco, but to be honest I was so delighted that we could get the chair in.  We are getting a 100kg hoist fitted. The clearance height wise is just 4mm!

SEAT Tarraco 2.0TSi 190 4Drive Excellence with Pano Roof and leather seats!

#122067 Reply
    Dave W

I wonder if having a tow bar on would be a valid reason for extending. I’ve only just got my new car (Golf 8) but am considering adding a tow bar.

AP was £699 and tow bar is £715 so below the £2000 spent mentioned within as a benchmark.

I envisage the mileage will be around 42000 as well.

Guess I will just have to see what they say when it comes to it. The policy may well have changed by then anyway.

I really wish I’d known about this 3 years ago. I gave up my BMW 316d and was gutted. I’d definitely have extended if I had known it was an option.

#122073 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I enquired about extending our last Motability car a Ford Kuga Zetec powershift 2.0 diesel, I think the AP was about £1299 and we were just coming up to 20,000 miles at the end of the lease, Motability informed us no problem ?

As regards the towbar prior to proceeding you must request permission from Motability and inform Motability’s insurance provider RSA, they will in turn contact Motability as regards permission.

Motability also have an agreement with the RAC to recover your trailer in the event of a breakdown for £65.00 per year.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Viewing 6 replies - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
Reply To: Extending motability lease
Your information: