Extending motability lease

This topic contains 30 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Tosher 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #74373 Reply

John

I’m sure I read on one of the threads that motability are allowing customers to extend their lease beyond the 3 year lease,can anyone please confirm if this is true??

thanks

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #74376 Reply

Confusicated
    Participant

You can extend to a total of 5 years, but are allowed to change your car anytime during that period.

You just need to call Motability.

Current Motability car: Ford Kuga Vignale 1.5 petrol auto AWD.

Previous Mota cars:
    2013-16 Ford Focus estate petrol auto.
    2016-19 Vauxhal Zafira 1.4T petrol SE Auto

#74378 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

I don’t think this applies to all cars, as far as I’m aware it mostly applies if you have spent a lot on adaptations or you paid a high AP for your car, say above £2000.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#74379 Reply

John

Thanks for replying,due to order car in July but i’ve got a Volvo XC60 and would rather keep it longer as the current XC40 is front wheel drive only.

#74380 Reply

mitch
    Participant

if your mileage is low and the car suits your needs they will extend for up to 2 years, the good condition bonus goes up as well now when you do decide to change. of course the time i extended the citroen that hadnt been introduced lol. dont think the ap or extras has any bearing as you can extend a 0 ap car. its more the mileage.

#74381 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

John i have an xc60 and have just extended for two years.

#74382 Reply

Paul

Hi Brydo,you say you have xc60 extended to 5 years,may i ask what was your mileage.I too habe a xc60 and nothing on the scheme at the moment comes close,due to change in may.thanks.

#74383 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

30,000 miles Paul

#74384 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

I really like the xc60, best car i`ve ever had, pity there is nothing close to it on the scheme but things can change.

#74386 Reply

Paul

Thanks.I will prob hit 40k mileage in may ,i always thought extending was based on mileage.So if i can extend more than happy with that.I agree xc60 best car ive had too.

#74387 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Paul when i contacted them they said as i had paid over £2000 AP they would let me extend, didn`t even ask my mileage.

#74388 Reply

Paul

Great ,i paid £3700 inc few extras .At the time i thought it was alot but what the hell ,i’ll treat myself lol

Having the car for possibly another 2 years, i now feel it may work out well worth it based on cars available and especially needing an auto

Thanks again for info

#74390 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Paul, given the right price, i would buy it at the end of the five years.

#74508 Reply

JohnE

Thanks, We were looking at the Tiguan but think we will now extend our x1 2.5 m sport. Still a nice car and saves us paying AP now for a new car

#74510 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Extending for a further two years makes it so much more affordable. One thing though with delivery times being so long for some models it could be nearer six years than five. I assume motability will be ok with this.

#74514 Reply

JS (justsaying)

In some cases they will offer 3/6/12/ and 24 months extensions. Allways take the 24 as you can change at anytime within in that period, even if a car comes on the next quarter you can order you don’t have to see the lease out, the same applies to the likes of cars with long waits, you can order in advance to allow for the wait and time it so you get the full £800 good condition bonus, just set your pick up date to the day after your lease expiry date.

#74718 Reply

Olpk

I extended with my Kuga with 60k miles. They never even asked the mileage.

I paid a low AP but added 2k extras. They said since I paid so much upfront I could extend.

#74833 Reply

Tosher

I wonder if anyone could advise on the following please…..

I extended my lease an extra 2 years and I’m now in the 4th year of my lease, with my 5 year lease due to end April 2020. My question is I’m  looking at replacing my car within the next 3-4 months and was wondering how much the good condition bonus would be?

Many thanks

Tosh

#74835 Reply

Philjb

I think it’s £800 depending on condition.

But you can ring motability to check.

What are you looking to get next?

#74837 Reply

Mike
    Participant

The GCB’s are as follows – taken from the original information about it increasing:

The Good Condition Bonus for a standard 3-year lease will increase from £250 to £500. Other periods as follows:

3+ years lease – £500
    4+ years lease – £600
    5+ years lease – £800
    6+ years lease – £1000

So, if you have had the vehicle for 4 years (but less than 5) then the GCB will be £600.

Mike

#74867 Reply

Tosh

Hi Mike and Phil, thanks for the info.

Phil, I’m looking at the VW Tiguan Allspace Match 2.0 tdi dsg 4motion. I live in Lancashire so I think I’ll need to speak to Marshall’s at Scunthorpe to see if they can do the £600 discount being mentioned on here. That, together with the good condition bonus should leave me with approx £300 to pay.

#74918 Reply

Tosh

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi Guys,</p>
    Just rang motability to discuss the possibility of changing my car (currently in year 4 of a lease extension) and as advised that there’s a cancellation fee of up to £250. Must admit I wasn’t expecting that….anyone else come across this?

#74921 Reply

Mike
    Participant

Just rang motability to discuss the possibility of changing my car (currently in year 4 of a lease extension) and as advised that there’s a cancellation fee of up to £250. Must admit I wasn’t expecting that….anyone else come across this?

I extended my 3yr lease by upto two further years last Autumn.

At the time, I specifically asked about changing the vehicle during the extended lease period and I was told that I would not have to pay anything and that I would receive the GCB commensurate with how long I had kept my current vehicle.

It maybe worth contacting Motability again and ensure that they know that you are in an ‘extended lease’ situation.

Mike

#74922 Reply

HammerHead
    Participant

Tosh, just so you know I have just secured a £250 discount from Corkhills in Wigan on a 2.0 TDI DSG Tiguan R Line Tech 🙂

#74944 Reply

Tosh

Hi Mike, thanks for the advice. I did think that maybe the Motability adviser had misunderstood the background of my circumstances a little. I’m sure when I extended the lease by the further 2 years the adviser informed me I could cancel at anytime. I wasn’t asked why I was extending and never gave a reason. Looking again at the Motability FAQs on their website it states that you won’t qualify for the good condition bonus if you terminate your contract early, so I hope that doesn’t apply as well otherwise I’ll be £850 out of pocket in total☹.

I’m going to give them a call tomorrow to put my mind at ease.

Cheers

#74945 Reply

Tosh

“HammerHead
    Participant
    Tosh, just so you know I have just secured a £250 discount from Corkhills in Wigan on a 2.0 TDI DSG Tiguan R Line Tech”

Hi Hammerhead, thanks for the update. I rang a couple of Northwest dealers today and Lookers of Preston were the only one to offer a discount. Stated they couldn’t match the JTC600 offer of £600 but could go halfway at £300. I was also advised that tiguan allspace orders were for factory builds only and it was likely to take up to 25wks to complete. I’m not in any rush as I still have a year left on this extend lease. So I will try to order with JTC of York or Hull if I can get the above issue sorted with motability.

Many thanks

Tosh

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
Reply To: Extending motability lease

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: