Ex-Motability cars – should you buy one?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Robert 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86348 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ex-Motability cars are commonplace on the UK used car market but what are the pros and cons when it comes to buying one?
    Motability is the largest car fleet operator in Europe and it buys around one in ten of every new cars sold in Britain. That means it is a massive supplier of used cars too, selling around 200,000 of its ex-fleet vehicles every year.

If you are looking for a used car which is around three years old, the chances are you will come across an ex-Motability car. And yet you might never have heard of Motability at all. Should you be worried about buying a car which has come from the scheme? What do you need to know and look for? We’ll aim to answer all of your questions right here.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/107754/ex-motability-cars-should-you-buy-one

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #86352 Reply
    Bandit
    Participant

Years ago you used to see adverts lauding the fact it as an ex Motability car, implying it was hardly used and fully stamped etc. But these days they just go through the auctions to the usual volume shifters like motorcity et al.

#86354 Reply
    Dave h

My brother had my last mobility car paid £10400 for golf se 2.0tdi he was happy with price I had to buy it from motability though then sell to him (i still got good condition bonus ) and he wants to buy my gtd in October the only thing I’d say with motability is with VW they have long life service which is 18000 miles on golf which is ok if you do 40 miles a day motorway but I think they should do 12000 depending on miles you do ( I got the good condition bonus still )

#86357 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Years ago you used to see adverts lauding the fact it as an ex Motability car, implying it was hardly used and fully stamped etc. But these days they just go through the auctions to the usual volume shifters like motorcity et al.

That was no doubt when they were serviced every year but now if your a low mileage user your lucky they get one service but being a chore to take the car to a garage I like it that way. 😊

#86363 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

I bought some. A Skoda Roomster, 6,000 mile 14mth old Motability return, run for 4 years and 40,000 miles by my wife. I also had my first C4 Grand Picasso, 3 yr old 10,000 mile car I then ran for another 5 years and 115,000 miles.

My first Motability car (another C4 GP) was sold at auction & exported overseas a week after handover. Wonder where it is now.

#86384 Reply
    SaintsMan

It coul be in Malta or Cyprus Abercol. When my son was buying his current car I got chatting to someone from Malta who had just flown in to buy a car and drive it back to Malta. Apparently it costs a fortune to get a RHD car transported to the island, otherwise they have to make do with LHD cars from Italy.

#88215 Reply
    Robert

i have had several ex mobility cars now a disabled driver part exchanged my 10 year 70000 mile car in for a four year old 9000 mile automatic car which has had an oil change every year with filter and a oil change and mot plus air con service before collection.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Ex-Motability cars – should you buy one?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: