Everything Enyaq

• Creator
    Topic
    Southamman
    Participant

Hello fellow Skodians. I hought I would start this thread, as there seems to be quite a few either taken ownership, placed orders or just thinking about getting the best ev out there.

So, any questions that someone may be able to answer, any good or bad dealings with dealers, specs wanted or received, perhaps someone could help others in their quest

• This topic was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by Southamman.
    Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 921 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

Firstly the crystal face is a replacement grille and doesn’t cover the existing grille. Regarding insurance anything you order from the factory is covered as part of the car. The only time RSA ever had issues is when I tried to add a factory spoiler and I needed specific permission as it was classed as a performance modification. I never order a standard car and never had an issue with insurance cover when I’ve had accidents. It’s a standard fleet policy which takes account of the variations in people’s orders. What won’t be covered is anything you add after purchase that affect performance or warranty. That’s why you’re not allowed to hard wire a dash cam as it’s classed as tampering with the integrity of the car.

Everthing has got to insured to some extent but, from my understanding your spoiler albeit fitted at the factory would only be covered by “third party insurance”. In the event of an accident the cost of your spoiler or any other optional extra, will be down to you or in the event of a write off you would loose the additional cost of these, which is not to different to private insurance.

Olpk
        Participant

<p style=”text-align: right;”>My spoiler was fully insured as it was replaced without issue after a rear end shunt.</p>
          The only way adding options is going to make you lose out is if the car is a total loss you’ve lost the money you’ve paid.

That isn’t the same as not being fully insured. Insurance payouts don’t value options seperately and they make only minor differences to a cars value. In essence by adding options you are slightly improving the payout MB will get and that’s the risk you take.

In all circumstances I’ve never had insurers remotely question any option fitted to a car or treat them with a different level of cover.

GAMO
          Participant

The motability website states

The car itself is covered in the sense that you have insurance and in the event of a fault claim DL may not pay out for the damages to these items. e.g. you have the advanced back and hit a lamppost damaging the Crystal grill they could say they will not pay out, or that they will only cover the cost of a standard grill. I guess this will come down to their discretion.

In the event event of a non fault claim, the third party insurance pays and DL should recover the cost to cover the modification from them.

As long as you have informed DL of the modification you are covered to drive with it but they may not pay out on it from their own pocket.

Participant

Hi all,

My skoda dealer emailed me saying my enyaq 80x was getting a free upgrade to an 85x due to skoda not able to fulfill the orders,but the following day he called and said it’s a mistake only the edition model is getting upgrade,and my order will still be the 80x.

Does anyone know any info about this who also ordered an 80x sportline plus

Cheers

Phaedra
              Participant

Do you have a build week for it? in theory anything built after week 44 will automatically be an 85 series as production changed over then.

From week 44 the only models being produced will be, 60, 60 Edition, 85 Edition, 85x SportLine Plus and the vRS, the L&K appears to be only available in Europe.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Olpk
                Participant

Hi all, My skoda dealer emailed me saying my enyaq 80x was getting a free upgrade to an 85x due to skoda not able to fulfill the orders,but the following day he called and said it’s a mistake only the edition model is getting upgrade,and my order will still be the 80x. Does anyone know any info about this who also ordered an 80x sportline plus Cheers

I ordered an 80x in September , being built this week as an 85x.

I complained to MB when there was confusion on what we would get. MB confirmed Skoda is upgrading my order, AP is the same , can be collected using my existing PIN under the existing order agreement.

Participant

Hi Phaedra

I don’t know the build date but I ordered towards the end of September,thanks for your reply

Participant

Hi olpk

That’s interesting as I ordered in September too but my local dealer said mine wasn’t on the update list he got,so maybe I’m just unlucky

Thanks for your response

MFillingham
                      Participant

Motability’s answer:

Morning Mark,

No such thing as a silly question! I actually think it’s a really good question!

Any optional extras that are offered and fitted by the manufacturer will still be covered by our insurance with Direct Line Motability.

If you have any other insurance queries or want further information about our insurance, please don’t hesitate to contact Direct Line Motability on 0300 037 3737 who will be more than happy to help. They’re open Mon-Fri 8-7pm and Sat 8-4pm.

Take care and enjoy your new vehicle when you get it!
                        Ricky

So, from the proverbial horses mouth, if it’s a factory fitted option, it’s covered.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
                        I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

GAMO
                        Participant

Motability’s answer: Morning Mark, No such thing as a silly question! I actually think it’s a really good question! Any optional extras that are offered and fitted by the manufacturer will still be covered by our insurance with Direct Line Motability. If you have any other insurance queries or want further information about our insurance, please don’t hesitate to contact Direct Line Motability on 0300 037 3737 who will be more than happy to help. They’re open Mon-Fri 8-7pm and Sat 8-4pm. Take care and enjoy your new vehicle when you get it! Ricky So, from the proverbial horses mouth, if it’s a factory fitted option, it’s covered.

Would probably be worth asking DL. They might have a different definition of ‘covered’

Rich44
                          Participant

That’s not really the answer though “covered” means little certainly doesn’t mean your investment is protected. I’m sure things will be covered that need repairing after an accident but total loss is going to be the issue. Thing is ultimately we are not the customer of directline that’s Motability themselves.

Surely they’re going to look at the book price for said car at that trim and option level to payout they’re almost certainly not going to payout the end user? All they’re going to do is put Motability back to zero and then Motability will return whatever portion of the AP they see fit with or without options I don’t know.

The real question is what will Motability return of the options part of the AP pro rata?

For example my car was 2.5 years and I paid £199 so I got back £40. There were no optional extras but the question really is how much will Motability return to you in the event of a total loss as that’s they real crux of it.

At least that’s my thoughts on it anyway

Phaedra
                            Participant

As has been discussed elsewhere on the forum, when you get a pro-rata refund of the AP that’s only for the AP paid to Motability (via the dealer at handover) at the time of purchase.  Any additional extras not offered by Motability you choose to add and pay for directly to the dealer will not be repaid from Motability.

eg.  My Enyaq AP is £2499, I’ve also added the Advanced package which was £2035.  If my car is wrote off or I have to return it as not suitable after say 1 year all I will get back from Motability will be 2/3 of the AP so £2499 x .66 would be a £1649 refund.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

GAMO
                              Participant

ill just leave this here in case anyones interested….

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by GAMO.
                                MFillingham
                                Participant

ill just leave this here in case anyones interested…. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zVT0dx2yvo

He’s quite enthusiastic.  Charging speeds are respectable.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
                                  I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Houndog6105
                                  Participant

How do people find out build dates?

Do you have to contact your dealer for that information?

Phaedra
                                    Participant

Yes, your dealer will have a build date for your order  🙂

Phaedra
                                      Participant

Bit of good news for a change!, garage just rang, I’m def getting the upgraded 85x version and delivery still on for January 🙂

des
                                        Participant

Happy days Phaedra

Great news Phaedra. You must be pleased, relieved and excited.

Gordon
                                            Participant

@ Phaedra

That’s fantastic news, did your details get changed on your online motability account to the 85x? I ordered on the 10th of October but apart from being told that the factory accepted my order, I’ve not heard anything else.

Phaedra
                                              Participant

Edit –

Just re-checked it and they’ve increased the AP by £200 to £1949 !!!!!

Can’t be right, the 85x is £2499 same price as the 80x was so should still be £1749 (£2499 – NVP of £750).  Will have to ring them  🙁

Surprisingly yes! 🙂

I know it said 80x SportLine Plus yesterday when I checked so just checked it again and it now says,

Skoda Enyaq
                                                210kW 85x Sportline Plus 82kWh 4×4 5dr Auto

Phaedra
                                                Participant

Just rang Motability, they say the price is correct and came from Skoda!! But, as my original AP is price protected I’ll only pay the £1749.  They’re sending me a text to confirm this.

Sounds wrong to me, I suspect someone has put the AP for the coupe in by mistake.

kezo
                                                  Participant

Just rang Motability, they say the price is correct and came from Skoda!! But, as my original AP is price protected I’ll only pay the £1749. They’re sending me a text to confirm this. Sounds wrong to me, I suspect someone has put the AP for the coupe in by mistake.

Doesn’t make sense they would do that! Unless as you sa they have mixed up coupe prices.

GAMO
                                                    Participant

Just rang Motability, they say the price is correct and came from Skoda!! But, as my original AP is price protected I’ll only pay the £1749. They’re sending me a text to confirm this. Sounds wrong to me, I suspect someone has put the AP for the coupe in by mistake.

Great news about your order!

My MB account changed to the same i called the dealer and said it’s probably the coupe but he wasn’t concerned I was told not to worry and i would be charged as per the original agreement.

He did something his end and now it had reverted back to the original description (80 SL) and AP, and said Skoda are footing the bill of any change.

For you its the same price so even if you cancelled and reordered now it would be the same. My build date is not till week 11 so im waiting to see how much other 80SL-85xSL converts pay!

Olpk
                                                      Participant

I’m already confirmed as getting the 85x instead of the 80x and also delivery January as car should have been built this week.

My MB account hasn’t changed but I’m not concerned as the dealer can update that if necessary while I’m collecting the car. It literally takes the dealer minutes to alter the order on your MB account.

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 921 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.