Everything Enyaq

• Creator
    Topic
    Southamman
    Participant

Hello fellow Skodians. I hought I would start this thread, as there seems to be quite a few either taken ownership, placed orders or just thinking about getting the best ev out there.

So, any questions that someone may be able to answer, any good or bad dealings with dealers, specs wanted or received, perhaps someone could help others in their quest

• This topic was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by Southamman.
    Viewing 25 replies - 326 through 350 (of 921 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      GAMO
      Participant

@phaedra @warpig and anyone else that ordered packs for their Enyaqs is there a specific item from the pack you need/wanted or most or all of it? And why did you choose the Advanced and not the Maxx or vice versa?

Phaedra
        Participant

Heated windscreen for me is a must, but being an EV I later realised I could pre-heat the car without leaving the house so didn’t need it! 🙂  However, the improved sound system and HUD were also on my list of wants.  The Maxx package for me was far too expensive for what extras it offered above the Advanced package.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

warpig
          Participant

I needed the heated rear seats for my handicapped daughter, the other parts of the pack are a nice bonus. Would have loved the Max pack but couldn’t justify another 2 grand on top of the 4 and a half it was already costing

GAMO
            Participant

Ok fair enough I can’t justify the extra outlay as all the parts in my situation would be nice to have. I did want the uprated speakers but the reviews that iv found so far haven’t been inspiring. Prob wouldn’t use the HUD much as same with the heated rear seats and windscreen and the crystal grill I would likely have off.

In the Maxx pack the DCC apparently doesn’t make much difference and most people use the harder setting which is similar to the sport suspension. the electric front seats and the massage function again nice to haves but not necessary. Wouldn’t be able to trust the self parking function but the 360 camera would be great and I can see the value in that. But not for 4k.

If Skoda allowed you to choose individually I would probably have gone for the 360 cameras and possibly the Canton.

Wish  Skoda/MB had ‘pack’ versions. say SL+ Advanced or the SL+ Maxx with reasonable AP’s. they would sell crazy amount.

wmcforum
              Which Mobility Car

I have a question regarding pre-heating the vehicle? not Enyaq specific but EV ‘s generally.

I understand that you can preheat the vehicle while it is on your driveway so it’s nice and toastie and the windscreen clear etc but is this only possible if it is plugged in to your charger?

If was supporting my local football/rugby team, and after a couple of freezing hours on the terraces – would I be able to call up the app on my phone and preheat the car while i was returning to it when it was not plugged in to a charger?

GAMO
                Participant

Yes can be turned on anytime. think you can schedule or just turn it on from the car app a little while before you leave.

Jojoe
                  Participant

I understand that you can preheat the vehicle while it is on your driveway so it’s nice and toastie and the windscreen clear etc but is this only possible if it is plugged in to your charger?

I was thinking exactly this when freezing my socks off this morning whilst de-icing the windscreen.

Shaun
                    Participant

You can use the app at any time for preheat, charge etc. The benefit of doing it whilst it’s plugged in is the energy to get the cabin up to temperature gets taken direct from the grid/charger as opposed to draining the battery, but yeah you can heat it any time. I was the same as you, at murrayfield in the beginning of the year, and had the car warmed up for after the game

MFillingham
                      Participant

Seeing as the question wasn’t Enyaq specific I’ll add a little to the already comprehensive answer above.

Most new BEVs will have a precondition function on the app.  Some don’t have an app but can be set by timer or from the remote but a few don’t have the facility at all.  If you’re looking at one in particular it’s always best to check but if it’s not Chinese or cheap (or both) you’ll probably be fine.

Most cars will allow you to set a temperature, whether that’s higher or lower than the outside, and will then use whatever energy is available to create that internal environment.  In cold that includes heating any seats and the steering wheel.  In heat, there’s the opportunity to ventilate the seats but what benefit that gives over the energy used we’ll have to see.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
                        I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

kezo
                        Participant

If you’re looking at one in particular it’s always best to check but if it’s not Chinese or cheap (or both) you’ll probably be fine.

I thought Chinese cars came with an app to enable pre heating or cooling?

MG iSmart, ORA app, BYD app, Nio app….

MFillingham
                          Participant

Apps maybe, not necessarily pre heating but it’s always worth checking.  I was gutted when it wasn’t an option on my ZS, maybe they rectified that with the facelift?

It’s awful when you had preconditioning and lose it with a change.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.

Mark

kezo
                            Participant

Apps maybe, not necessarily pre heating but it’s always worth checking. I was gutted when it wasn’t an option on my ZS, maybe they rectified that with the facelift? It’s awful when you had preconditioning and lose it with a change.

Forgot you had the older MG but, from my understanding Chinese cars do now, well the ones forementiond do anyway.

MFillingham
                              Participant

Stupid question.  For those adding packs, are we positive that the insurance covers damage to these additions?  I’m thinking mainly about that rather vulnerable crystal face that looks really easy to have damaged.

Mark

Stupid question. For those adding packs, are we positive that the insurance covers damage to these additions? I’m thinking mainly about that rather vulnerable crystal face that looks really easy to have damaged.

I think that anyone contemplating adding an expensive pack to their next lease vehicle needs to ask Motability for accurate insurance cover advice.

My understanding is that optional extras were excluded from Motability (Royal Sun Alliance) insurance, but it’s possible that now the insurance has switched to Direct Line, things may have changed. I personally doubt this as I think the switch of insurers will have been to make cost savings, so extra cover is unlikely.

I like the Enyaq coupe 85x very much, but key features that only come as options such as a heat pump, head up display (as the ‘in car’ dashboard info display is woefully small) decent audio etc would necessitate a large additional expenditure that may not be covered by insurance in the case of an accident or theft.

If someone gets a definitive answer from Motability please share it with us.

Phaedra
                                  Participant

Going by previous posts it would seem that anything added as an extra isn’t covered.  Usually this covers things like better stereo, sat-nav, sun roof, leather interior etc.  I would suspect that it would be classed as a front grill and the usual excess would apply, of course if it’s stupidly expenive Motability will probably notice and refuse to pay for it!.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

MFillingham
                                    Participant

Stupid question. For those adding packs, are we positive that the insurance covers damage to these additions? I’m thinking mainly about that rather vulnerable crystal face that looks really easy to have damaged.

I think that anyone contemplating adding an expensive pack to their next lease vehicle needs to ask Motability for accurate insurance cover advice. My understanding is that optional extras were excluded from Motability (Royal Sun Alliance) insurance, but it’s possible that now the insurance has switched to Direct Line, things may have changed. I personally doubt this as I think the switch of insurers will have been to make cost savings, so extra cover is unlikely. I like the Enyaq coupe 85x very much, but key features that only come as options such as a heat pump, head up display (as the ‘in car’ dashboard info display is woefully small) decent audio etc would necessitate a large additional expenditure that may not be covered by insurance in the case of an accident or theft. If someone gets a definitive answer from Motability please share it with us.

See, that’s what I’m currently looking at, the HUD and CANTON sound plus heated rear seats bring the 85 Edition closer to the spec of the Ioniqs, however, that also comes with that crystal face, want it or not, it’d be painful to have to pay for that if some idiot crashed into you.

Mark

MFillingham
                                      Participant

Going by previous posts it would seem that anything added as an extra isn’t covered. Usually this covers things like better stereo, sat-nav, sun roof, leather interior etc. I would suspect that it would be classed as a front grill and the usual excess would apply, of course if it’s stupidly expenive Motability will probably notice and refuse to pay for it!.

They are very clear on confirming anything non factory is not covered but this is a factory fit even if it’s not in the agreed standard car.  I suspect you’re right, being stupidly expensive would result in it being down to us to fix, which is a risk I’d not want to take.

I’ve asked Motability through their Facebook chat.  I’ll see what they say tomorrow….

Mark

Doesn’t the ‘crystal face’ bolt on over the original plain black grill? If it does then I don’t think it would be classed  as the ‘grill’ but rather as an added cosmetic accessory.

I’m only guessing, so you may well be right Phaedra. This uncertainty demonstrates why Motability has to be more forthcoming with liability cover information, as manufacturers are now hiding more ‘key features’ in expensive add on option packs.

kezo
                                          Participant

My understanding, is packs that, are not specifically mentioned on Motability’s car search, are not covered by insurance.

MFillingham
                                            Participant

My understanding, is packs that, are not specifically mentioned on Motability’s car search, are not covered by insurance.

If that’s the case, then the Enyaq which would have been £150 more than the Ioniq 5 with Tech pack (covered by Motability) but carries that ongoing risk of a very expensive repair should anything go wrong.  So, that would be me down to 2 cars, both Ioniqs…

Mark

If that’s the case, then the Enyaq which would have been £150 more than the Ioniq 5 with Tech pack (covered by Motability) but carries that ongoing risk of a very expensive repair should anything go wrong. So, that would be me down to 2 cars, both Ioniqs…

Very good post MFillingham.

I think you’ve just answered our question. Motability have listed the Ioniq 5 Ultimate specifically with and without the tech pack with the TP version costing £500 more as an advanced Payment.

This obviously means that the tech pack will be covered by insurance.

However, if you also order a very expensive optional heat pump (non standard on 5 but standard on 6) would that be covered?

Nothing’s simple is it.

kezo
                                                Participant

If that’s the case, then the Enyaq which would have been £150 more than the Ioniq 5 with Tech pack (covered by Motability) but carries that ongoing risk of a very expensive repair should anything go wrong. So, that would be me down to 2 cars, both Ioniqs…

Very good post MFillingham. I think you’ve just answered our question. Motability have listed the Ioniq 5 Ultimate specifically with and without the tech pack with the TP version costing £500 more as an advanced Payment. This obviously means that the tech pack will be covered by insurance. However, if you also order a very expensive optional heat pump (non standard on 5 but standard on 6) would that be covered? Nothing’s simple is it.

No because it is not offered as a discounted option by Motability as the Tech pack is!

However, you are covered by manufacturers warranty in the event of a fault BUT not by insurance, in the event of an accident/write off.

The Mazda CX60 is a prime example at showing discounted option packs offered by MB.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by kezo.
                                                  MFillingham
                                                  Participant
                                                    Very good post MFillingham. I think you’ve just answered our question. Motability have listed the Ioniq 5 Ultimate specifically with and without the tech pack with the TP version costing £500 more as an advanced Payment. This obviously means that the tech pack will be covered by insurance. However, if you also order a very expensive optional heat pump (non standard on 5 but standard on 6) would that be covered? Nothing’s simple is it.
                                                    Thank you.

Absolutely nothing is simple.  I’d argue that risk needs to be taken into account as well.  Enyaq’s Crystal face is somewhat exposed while a heat pump would be in amongst the workings under the Froot (frunk?).  That difference in risk means I’d be more inclined to have a heat pump over Enyaqs Advance Pack.

Mark

I’m almost certainly being pedantic here, but I was thinking of the hypothetical situation where your vehicle is either stolen or written off in an accident.

It’s my understanding that if Motability have to replace your lost or squashed vehicle with the exact same vehicle, the tech pack would be included as it was specified in the original agreed advanced payment price, but the heat pump almost certainly wouldn’t be, as it wasn’t part of the original specification and was added as an ‘option of choice’.

Olpk
                                                      Participant

Firstly the crystal face is a replacement grille and doesn’t cover the existing grille.

Regarding insurance anything you order from the factory is covered as part of the car.

The only time RSA ever had issues is when I tried to add a factory spoiler and I needed specific permission as it was classed as a performance modification.

I never order a standard car and never had an issue with insurance cover when I’ve had accidents.

It’s a standard fleet policy which takes account of the variations in people’s orders.

What won’t be covered is anything you add after purchase that affect performance or warranty.

That’s why you’re not allowed to hard wire a dash cam as it’s classed as tampering with the integrity of the car.

Viewing 25 replies - 326 through 350 (of 921 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.