End of lease service?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  WardyGTC 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #80751 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

Current car is due for renewal in 11 weeks.

Current dealer has just emailed me a service reminder saying it is due a service in 5 weeks. I don’t ever recall having the 3rd service done before the end of the lease, I just always presumed it was done pre resale.

Anybody else had their car serviced at the end of the lease?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #80754 Reply

Wazza
    Participant

Ignore the letter. It’s just generated automatically. Motability don’t service the car at the end of the 3 year lease. They will do the mot. However if you plan to extend the lease then a service might be due. Best to ring motability for confirmation.

#80755 Reply

Georgie

I was initially told my car wouldn’t need it’s third Service because it was due to be returned within a month of the Service window anyway.  Then I had to extend the Lease for a month and then it DID need to be Serviced.

Because you’ll be six weeks over the Service window it might be a good idea to call the Dealer who’ll be receiving your old car and ask then what they want you to do. 🙂

#80773 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

I’ve often had the service call from my dealer but for the first year service but sometime the third year service too and I just say to them “no problem if Motability give you the authorisation” and their answer is “we will be back to you” and they never call back.

Interestingly when I picked up my current car last October I asked about services and he was adamant that the car will be serviced at the first year.

We will see.

#80786 Reply

mitch
    Participant

usually they just get the mot done and i assume service as they sell. i ended up having to go back and get the service as the new car was delayed so we had to extend slightly. i thought it was an odd way of doing it.

#80788 Reply

Mr P

No service, they’ll do MOT.

#80789 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Yes Motability are very strict on the MOT done 1 month before it goes back.

My guess is it gives time for any reports to get back to them of unseen underside damage should you be a bit of a maniac. ?

#80815 Reply

Wazza
    Participant

MOT is a legal requirement and they have to do it. When the car is in for MOT they do an assessment of the car, probably take pictures etc so the information can be forwarded to the trade what car they will have up for sale soon. The trade (used car dealers)can place a bid even when the car is still with you. When you hand the car back theoretically they will have a buyer lined up.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Wazza.
    #80829 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

Thanks for the replies. Sorry for the delay, I’ve just got in from work.

I also thought that the service would not be required but just wanted to check in case something had changed that I hadn’t noticed.

The MOT was already booked in anyway.

We’ve never had a new car arrive late so hadn’t thought about that eventuality but with so many manufacturers seemingly having issues these days it’s good that it is now in my brain to get it serviced should there be a delay.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: End of lease service?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: