Electric seats

• Creator
    Topic
  • #103039 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Well it’s getting closer to my three years with my excellent X1 and so I’m starting to look more closely at what is available. Ideally I need a small/medium suv to aid entry/exit but at top of my want list is electric seats, also for entry/exit as I cannot easily, and without huge pain, adjust manual seats.

Near the top of my list was a Tiguan R Line as I mistakingly thought the had electric as std. I was wrong. It seems VW want £1,430 for that privilege.

BMW want £1,000 which is ~£350 more than I paid last time because of their crafty ‘package’ stance. (I’d have to have a heated steering wheel & comfort access as well) and to be honest it’s stretching the bank.

I’ve found that an XTrail Tekna has an electric driver seat as std so this is a contender and I’ve still got a lot of searching to do but does anyone have any experience or knowledge of any models that have electric seats as std or a lower cost than I’m seeing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 👍

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #103042 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Shame you need an suv as Hyundai Ioniq premium has electric seats and hybrid does 62 mpg says honest John real mpg

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#103044 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

countryman with the comfort/nav pack has electric seats etc.on wpms the cooper 1.5 auto is £535 ap.

the cooper s 2.0 auto is £785 thats with the exclusive trim full leather etc.

#103045 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Mitch has the Nissan Juke got them they would be handy I have back problems

#103046 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Thank you for the responses.

Mike, to be honest an suv is my first choice but if I could get in and out of a car without too much discomfort, I’d consider it. The Ionic may certainly be one to consider. It doesn’t look too low. 👍

#103047 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

menorca mike, not sure ive been trying to find it but so far no joy.

but that may be operator error lol.

#103048 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

tekna and tekna+ have heated seats etc but i cant find anywhere if the adjustment is electric or manual.

#103049 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

Kuga Titanium X has a 10 way electric drivers seat…

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#103051 Reply
    Tharg

Have similar getting-in-and-out problems and have found that Skoda Superb is perfect for access. The SEL model (on scheme) comes with standard electric-memory driver’s seat. Also the most comfortable ride quality I’ve ever had.

#103055 Reply
    72 Dudes

Volvo XC40 has standard leather/electric seats in Inscription trim.

Of course, there’s the much discussed metallic paint to add on at £575!

#103057 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

I found both the superb and the iconiq to be quite low for getting in/out of, I’m just in the middle of doing a check for the very same thing for a friend so once done I’ll post the list on here. 😁

#103064 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Thanks all.
    Mitch, I can see that the Tekna states ‘Electrically adjustable drivers seat. ‘Slide, recline, lift and lumbar. ‘  It will certainly be the first thing I confirm when I visit dealers.

Abercol, the Kuga is well worth a look as well. They are really well appointed. 👍

Tharg & Vinalspin. Same for the Superb. I’ll definitely try it for comfort. 👍 And Vinalspin, any updates you have on the Superb will be greatly appreciated  👍

72 Dudes, another car I really like and to be added. But can I live with the colour? 🤣😂 I’d certainly give it a good go. 🤣😂

Again thank you again for the suggestions. All are being added to the list.

#103065 Reply
    Rhodgie

Kia Niro 4 has electric heated & vented seats, not as high as a Juke but not as low as an Ioniq.

#103075 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

How obstinate can dealers be!

I have been on the phone to several different ones today posing as a private buyer and trying to find out what level of car I would need to start out with to ensure it had electrically adjustable driver’s seat, they all tried to sell me the top model without telling me what spec they actually start on or if it would have to be ordered as an “extra” or “pack”.

Only Citroen were forthright with me to an extent anyway, they did try and push specific cars but I did get that the C5 Aircross comes with electric seats on the Flair and Flair Plus as standard, it is on the top model of both the C3 Aircross and C4 Spacetourer but failed to say if it was just an option, it is an option on the Spacetourer but they are hugely expensive anyway.

It does appear to be standard on the Seat Terraco/Ateca/Arona but they were as vague as mud about specific models and I know from personal experience that my local Seat dealer has a mandatory training course on lying to customers before anyone can get a job there!

The general feeling I got was they all want to sell you a car without it on and charge you a s**t load to add it on as an option!

#103097 Reply
    Speedy James

Really pleased to see this thread. I am in exactly the same situation. Currently have a Vauxhall Astra Elite hatchback petrol automatic which suits my needs in many ways but a bit higher with electric seats needs to be my next step really. The only thing I have come across recently is the top of the range 1.2 petrol new Vauxhall Corsa is £100 AP.  It comes with electric massage seats as standard but probably too small and low.

#103108 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Thank you Rhodgie. That’s another one for the list👍

Vinalspin, I know what you mean about dealers. With some it’s like trying to herd cats! I do like the Seat’s but if honest, I’m put off by some of the stories here about wrong items ordered (even the wrong car in one instance!). Twenty years ago it would not have bothered me, I’d be confident that I’d sort it but now, with the way my body has deteriorated and with my confidence smashed, I’m not sure I could deal with it. I just want an easy life.

And thank you James. I could get into a Corsa but with a real faff and a lot of pain and discomfort. My choice at the moment, though, would be to not. I’ve had electric seats for ~20 years now and it really does make the difference between enjoying driving (I’m a true petrolhead) to finding it tedious and dreading it.
    Cost is certainly an option and thankfully, I have a very understanding wife who will let me push the budget to the max. What the actual budget is, is up in the air at the moment which is why I’m trying to get every option on the list and take it from there.

I always mean to write smaller replies but often end up on a roll! 🤣😂

#103110 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I’ve never had electric seats do they just do the back of the seat or do they do the height as well ?

#103112 Reply
    Confusicated
    Participant

On our Kuga they do seat back, height, and move it forwards and backwards too. Also has memory presets, which means I can push a button on the door to make the seat go all the way back, Makes it possible for me to get in and out of the car without pain.

Current Motability car: Ford Kuga Vignale (2019-old shape) 1.5 petrol auto AWD. AP £2,395 + £199 for 4-way 80kg hoist.

Previous Motability cars:
    2013-16 Ford Focus estate petrol auto. AP £95. No adaptations.
    2016-19 Vauxhal Zafira 1.4T petrol SE Auto. AP £795 inc. basic hoist.

#103116 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

The main benefit of electric seats over manual is the free movement of the seat base, all other movements are about the same but on electric you can raise and lower the front and back of the base of the seat and this is what helps make them more comfortable for most.

I can’t see why they couldn’t offer this on manual seats as well, when I used to drive trucks they all had manual adjustment but all could adjust the seat base front and back and had been able to for decades, no reason car manufacturers can’t do it except that they can sell electric seats for thousands more, sickening really.

#103118 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

The S-Max Titanium Lux has electric seats as standard as well…

My S-Max electric seats go every which way and are really comfy, as is the car.

The “comfort access” is a boon, much as Confusicated said, moves the seat back when you switch off the car and forward to your preset when you switch on, but no buttons to press. Makes getting in and out easier. It used to be able to be specified with an electric steering column as well, but that was a step too far up the options list for me.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#103121 Reply
    Confusicated
    Participant

Abercol

The automatic seat back when you turn the engine off only takes the seat part of the way back, not to the maximum. I use one of the three memory settings as all the way back and down, as that is more comfortable for me getting in and out.

Current Motability car: Ford Kuga Vignale (2019-old shape) 1.5 petrol auto AWD. AP £2,395 + £199 for 4-way 80kg hoist.

Previous Motability cars:
    2013-16 Ford Focus estate petrol auto. AP £95. No adaptations.
    2016-19 Vauxhal Zafira 1.4T petrol SE Auto. AP £795 inc. basic hoist.

#103191 Reply
    Speedy James

I believe that the Hyundai Tucson has electric seats on some specs as standard

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
Reply To: Electric seats
Your information: