Electric police cars are ‘running out of puff’ and causing problems.

• Creator
    Topic
    kezo
    Participant

Gloucester Constabulary has the largest full electric fleet in the UK, with 21 percent of their 435 vehicles being electric. Chris Nelson, Conservative Police and Crime Commissioner for Gloucester, said officers who were driving the electric vehicles had difficult experiences finding chargers in the county.

He said the vehicles using their lights, radio and sirens were in danger of “running out of puff”.

Mr Nelson acknowledged that some officers, especially in more rural areas, were having issues locating charging stations.

Speaking at a recent police and crime panel, the PCC said he was concerned about the operational impact electric vehicles were having on the force.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/electric-police-cars-are-running-out-of-puff-and-causing-lots-of-problems/ar-AAZfut6?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9a7d663f7eb64fddbd860a70c50ce623

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      ajn

Time to worry is when they change the helicopter’s🚁🤔

ajn

I did reply kezo a while back, however it must have been a inappropriate reply…

🚁..

Participant

wouldnt think a kona for instance would run out in a shift even in winter, but if they are buying ones with lesser battery packs then its the buyers fault tbh.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
            Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

kezo
            Participant

Forgot I started this  😂 sorry for the non reply @ajn

I don’t know @struth in sport mode thrasing it around everywhere with the blues and two’s on etc. How much of the 300mile range would you use if whatever cars they had only lasted half a shift at most. Including the lack of charging at shift handovers.

ajn

No probs, just filling in the 16 day no reply to the post, it usually boosts some sort of extra reply…

Always answer the quiet ones in life I say, as everyone else makes sure they must be listened too…

kezo
                Participant

No probs, just filling in the 16 day no reply to the post, it usually boosts some sort of extra reply… Always answer the quiet ones in life I say, as everyone else makes sure they must be listened too…

Off the rail a little. My first pair of slippers have completely delaminated from the sole.

ajn

😳 mine seem to have grown 3 sizes bigger..

Must admit not a wise buy, no wonder free next day delivery😆…

Anyway 👮🏻‍♂️👮🏽👮🏻‍♀️🚓🚓

ajn

FREEDEL code for today, cotton Maine t shirts £4..

kezo
                      Participant

FREEDEL code for today, cotton Maine t shirts £4..

I have enough T shirts to set up a shop let alone buy anymore 🙂

My slipper in all honesty were a size too big from the start and now falling apart. Agree not a wise buy, but worth a gambe I surpose.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.