Electric MG prices announced tomorrow. Expected to be around £20K

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Shawn 6 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #82776 Reply

Shawn
    Blocked

For the lower spec and £24K for the higher spec.

£20K minus VAT minus say £8k of the £9.5K you will be paying  It is about £9K.

Would a 3 year old Electric SUV with 4 years warranty remaining be worth £9K?

Only everyday of the week!

So must be zero AP.

East Yorkshire.
    Still looking for an EV I can get my wheelchair in or has not got a ridiculous AP!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #82778 Reply

mitch
    Participant

love your optimism.

i wont hold my breath lol.

#82779 Reply

Shawn
    Blocked

Anything else will expose the scheme.

The EV forums are calling this “the people’s car”.

Pretty sure I am a person.?

East Yorkshire.
    Still looking for an EV I can get my wheelchair in or has not got a ridiculous AP!

#82781 Reply

mitch
    Participant

whats the range on one of these forcast to be shawn

#82783 Reply

Shawn
    Blocked

whats the range on one of these forcast to be shawn

I have seen anything from 170 miles to 268 miles.

148HP and a massive boot. Inside felt very Germanic like a VW or Audi.

East Yorkshire.

#82785 Reply

mitch
    Participant

may be a bit big for me.

have to see where a dealer is and have a look.

#82789 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

Looking forward to Shawn’s tirade when it eventually pops up with a couple of grand AP ?

#82792 Reply

Shawn
    Blocked

Looking forward to Shawn’s tirade when it eventually pops up with a couple of grand AP

There won’t be a lot to say the evidence will say it all, the scheme will be shown to be a scam.

When I was on the scheme 20yrs ago I had a Golf. It cost just over £11K and when the 3years was up I intended to buy it. A 3 year Golf had a book price of £5k but they wanted £7K for mine.

I bought a classic Porsche and kept ALL the money from then on. It was obvious they wanted more than it was worth to keep me as a customer.

“IF” I was in the same position again I would hide a tracker in the car so that when they took it back I could go to where it was for sale and buy it back cheaper than what they wanted??

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  Shawn.

East Yorkshire.

#82798 Reply

Shawn
    Blocked

Just looked up the cheapest 3yr old electric car and it is a Zoe at £8k and that has a leased battery.

A 3yr old £20k MG would be worth £14K I would guess.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  Shawn.

East Yorkshire.

#82803 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

“IF” I was in the same position again I would hide a tracker in the car so that when they took it back I could go to where it was for sale and buy it back cheaper than what they wanted??

That is always assuming that:

The dealer (or another dealer somewhere in the country) doesn’t want to take ownership directly from Motability via MFL direct sales and they then offer it at ‘top book plus’ if demand for the vehicle is high and it is in excellent condition (or even have a buyer before you can get back to it).

or

that Motability do not put it through a ‘trade only’ auction to which the public don’t have access (which Motability/BCA seem to do more nowadays):

https://www.british-car-auctions.co.uk/buy/Useful-information/Types-of-auction/Motability/

To buy ex-Motability through BCA you need to have one of their ‘MY BCA Silver’ membership cards which are only available to those who buy 4 to 11 vehicles per annum from BCA.

Then your tracker would have to track it where ever the car ended up and again it could be more expensive after both BCA and the dealer have taken their cut from the sales of the vehicle.

Then you have wasted the cost of the tracker (not to mention the potential GDPR implications of your live tracker being in someone else’s car!).

Dave

#82805 Reply

Shawn
    Blocked

I would bet that the trade price is still less than the Motability price to us. It is a punishment price for leaving the scheme.

East Yorkshire.

#82806 Reply

Philjb

Surely you could buy the car for say your Mrs or other family member and then order another car from the scheme, so how would they know you’re leaving?

#82807 Reply

Shawn
    Blocked

Price announced from £21.495

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mg/zs/105257/new-2019-mg-zs-ev-prices-announced

East Yorkshire.

#82808 Reply

Shawn
    Blocked

Thanks to its clever packaging, the MG ZS EV’s boot capacity rises slightly over the petrol powered variant, at 470 litres.

Free home charger thrown in from MG

East Yorkshire.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Electric MG prices announced tomorrow. Expected to be around £20K

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: