Ear wax please help

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

What can I put in my ears at home to remove ear wax ?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      joss

Earwax usually falls out on its own. If it does not and blocks your ear, put 2 to 3 drops of olive or almond oil in your ear twice a day for a few days.(gently warm the oil up first)

Over 2 weeks lumps of earwax should fall out of your ear, especially at night when you’re lying down.

Joss
        Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Participant

Thankyou Joss how to I heat the oil in a microwave for a few seconds ?

joss

No I usually just boil the kettle and sit the small Glass bottle in the hot water just until its Luke warm Mike. You can get small bottles from a chemist. While there, ask for a dropper as well.

I put 2-3 drops in the ear over a few days. also a little cotton wool  to stop any leaks.

Joss
            Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

mitch
            Participant

i dont think its a home method but in the past ive had ear candle treatments by my sister in law,shes into all these therapy things, properley qualified etc. its also used for sinus problems and it was brilliant. you wouldnt beleive the gunk that came out lol.

someone did say you can get them in holland and barrett.

Anonymous

I suffer this problem. Regularly have to put drops in my ears and have a nurse syringe them out.

I used to use olive oil drops but the taste got into my mouth and I found it very unpleasant. Tried almond oil recently and found that much better.

I would not personally recommend candling. Some swear by it but most health professionals I have asked have said it can perforate your eardrums.

One thing I have not tried (yet) is Specsavers. Some of their branches offer ear wax removal, no drops required and they use a special machine that basically sucks the wax out without pressure in your ear canal. It looks fairly expensive, and I have not needed to try it so I can’t comment on if its any good.

Participant

Thankyou for the replies I wear earring aids so get wax in my ears the doctors now charge £15 each ear to syringe them I’m told

callmejohn

I did once use a Black & Decker drill, but no, I could’nt really recommend it, oops sorry lol.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.