Driving Licence – Good to Go

• Creator
    Topic
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

I took my test many years ago, probably in 1980. Three years ago I checked my licence and I didn’t have the C1/D1 category which I have grandfather rights to. It should have been there but wasn’t. I needed to complete form D4 (medical) and send off an application and £££. No real drama and my licence came back with C1/D1 on it.

BUT only for three years. So just recently, I sent off a paper application (can’t be done online), annoyingly, there wasn’t a box for ‘NO CHANGE’ so the many sheets of paper was sent off.

It didn’t take long for my licence to come back and on the front is says Jun 31 and on the reverse Feb 32 (70). A bit odd that the two dates are not synchronised. I’ll worry about that nearer the time and I am pleased it isn’t a three yearly review.

So, if you need a C1 licence, check that it is there.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jojoe
      Participant

I had C1 on my original driving licence, I past my test around 1987. I have a medical condition which I had to notify DVLA about 6 years ago. They immediately took C1 away and said it was none negotiable, I’d need to take a C1 test if I wanted it back. We were planning on buying a motorhome and being able to drive over 3500kg would be useful.

kezo
        Participant

Grandfather rights also entitle you to BE, D1E and C1E.

DumfriesDik
          Participant

I had C1 on my original driving licence, I past my test around 1987. I have a medical condition which I had to notify DVLA about 6 years ago. They immediately took C1 away and said it was none negotiable, I’d need to take a C1 test if I wanted it back. We were planning on buying a motorhome and being able to drive over 3500kg would be useful.

Thats a shame you have the C1 removed. I wonder if just submitting a D4 form would be suffice for you to get it back on your licence.

Plenty of moho’s under 3.5 tonnes to choose from, just be careful with your payload. We’re at 4 tonnes now.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

ChrisK
            Participant

I’ve not noticed before but checking after your thread mine have been removed too. Never really bothered me TBH and thought my licence was just changed from all cars to automatics only but it appears lots of other stuff has been removed too.

Still apparently I can still ride a motor bike or motor scooter but I’m gobsmacked to how I would do that with only one leg and one hand in full working order. ?

Rhodgie
              Participant

Still apparently I can still ride a motor bike or motor scooter but I’m gobsmacked to how I would do that with only one leg and one hand in full working order. ?

Easy ???

https://www.nabd.org.uk/

Abercol
                Participant

Made me look at mine…everything still there, alphabet soup…all that’s missing is big trucks and buses. Renewal due soon, so maybe some will disappear!

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.