Driving Disqualification

• Creator
    Topic
  • #41836 Reply
    wheelsofstupid
    Participant

OK,. so after 20 years of driving without ever being caught for speading, i know look set ot loose my license. To cut a long story short I was driving 2500 miles amonth a lot into london for medical treatment got caught twice in london (once for bus lane once for speading neither of the times did i realise i had commited the crime i just was unused to driving into London). The 3 points that would take me over are i was caught jusdt after entering a temporary 50 zone doing 60 miles an hour.

Has any one been through the process before what am i to expect, I have seen many companies advertise help for getting the points not quashed, I am seriously worried as I live 300 miles from London where my medical treatment is being done. Should I go to one of these companies, also how will it affect my renewal that is due in November with Motability.

Many thanks in Advance

Andrew

Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #123866 Reply
    Rhodgie

Wrong 5 years

#123869 Reply
    Rhodgie

#admin ….  something is going on here 🤬 that reply at 7.49 about 5 years WAS NOT ME (took a leaf out of another posters book there with all caps 😂)

So somebody is trying to stir things up… besides I thought they stayed on your license for life but don’t know for sure 🤷‍♂️

#123873 Reply
    rox
    Participant

11 years from date of conviction
    If the offence is:

drink driving or drug driving – shown on the driving record as DR10, DR20, DR30, DR31, DR61 and DR80
    causing death by careless driving while under the influence of drink or drugs – shown on the driving record as CD40, CD50 and CD60
    causing death by careless driving, then failing to provide a specimen for analysis – shown on the driving record as CD70

Example

Date of conviction 3 December 2009 – the endorsement must stay on the driving record until 3 December 2020.

The endorsement is ‘valid’ for the first:

10 years, for an 11-year endorsement
    A court can take your endorsement into account if both:

you commit another offence while it’s valid

the endorsement is still on your driving record when the court considers your case
    Other people, like insurers and employers, may be able to find out that you have the endorsement:

during the first 5 years of an 11-year endorsement, or the first 30 months if you’re under 18

info from .gov

#123876 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

#admin …. something is going on here 🤬 that reply at 7.49 about 5 years WAS NOT ME (took a leaf out of another posters book there with all caps 😂) So somebody is trying to stir things up… besides I thought they stayed on your license for life but don’t know for sure 🤷‍♂️

Thank you. Have taken a note of the IP address and will cross reference to hopefully find the culprit.

#123880 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Initial investigation shows that there have been other occasions when someone has been posting from the same IP address as Rhodgie. I will look deeper into this and report back.

#123871 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Endorsements stay on your driving record for 4 or 11 years depending on the offence. This can start from either the date you’re convicted or the date of your offence.

11 years from date of conviction
    If the offence is:

drink driving or drug driving – shown on the driving record as DR10, DR20, DR30, DR31, DR61 and DR80

causing death by careless driving while under the influence of drink or drugs – shown on the driving record as CD40, CD50 and CD60

causing death by careless driving, then failing to provide a specimen for analysis – shown on the driving record as CD70

Example?/ Date of conviction 3 December 2009 – the endorsement must stay on the driving record until 3 December 2020.

https://www.gov.uk/penalty-points-endorsements/how-long-endorsements-stay-on-your-driving-licence

#123926 Reply
    rox
    Participant

wow posted the one above yesterday before my earlier post (September 15, 2020 at 8:42 pm) what t goes on>

was it held becasuse of the link to .gov site or is the site having issues..

#123927 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

wow posted the one above yesterday before my earlier post (September 15, 2020 at 8:42 pm) what t goes on> was it held because of the link to .gov site or is the site having issues..

It was held because of the link, it’s a glitch where some random posts are held. I’m working on it now.

#124076 Reply
    Chris

If you were driving in a 30 mph zone less than 42 mph. You will be offered a speed awareness course of you have not been on one within 3 years.

A speed awareness course does not need to be divulged to the insurance company. It is not an endorsement on your licence but a course you attend and you will still pay the money as a course fee.

Disqualification of the disabled customer does not lose the vehicle. Your vehicle is in accordance with your PIP entitlement not a driving licence.

Just nominate a driver who has a full UK driving licence and over 25 to drive your vehicle. The over 25 bit is wise because of Motability vehicle restrictions.

#130060 Reply
    Bl

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Hi looking for some help in regards to two speeding tickets within a week of each other both on the M4 both same junction and both at 57 mph temp speed limit. I have a Motabity car,no points on licence been offered drive aware course on first offence,just got the other through today so haven’t sent off till Monday I’m expecting 3 points for the second one will I loose my car with 3 points on licence..</p>

#130065 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Hi looking for some help in regards to two speeding tickets within a week of each other both on the M4 both same junction and both at 57 mph temp speed limit. I have a Motabity car,no points on licence been offered drive aware course on first offence,just got the other through today so haven’t sent off till Monday I’m expecting 3 points for the second one will I loose my car with 3 points on licence..</p>

I always use my speed limiter on my cars, sometimes it is really hard to concentrate on your speed whilst being distracted or tired

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#130075 Reply
    Rico

2 speeding offences in the same temp location I would go and argue in court to be honest, I would mention that i was not aware until the notification came through due to inadequate signing with other transport such as lorries on the road I may have missed the signs as I have seen them now by keeping sharp eye out for them on the same journey and I have not gone over the limit since finding out about it.

Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
Reply To: Driving Disqualification
Your information: