Done with all of it

• Creator
    Topic
    Rich44
    Participant

I need a rant get it off my chest.

Crashed car last October, between RAC and DLM they “lost” my car for awhile then I had to recover my stuff from a scrapyard with no disabled access, cars 6 inches apart, mud everywhere total nightmare.

Then took nearly 3 months for DLM to write it off and then demanded I order a replacement within 7 days.

I tried to pay the excess at the time but they wouldn’t take it then called me over christmas on a Saturday demanding it immediately or else. Couldn’t pay it that day but paid it following Monday. This week get threatening invoice from motability for excess I paid in December.

Next they aimed to collect the hire car on 2nd April leaving me screwed. Then Motability say we will return you payment but it’ll take 6 weeks.  Funny how they can arrange to collect it in3 days it hand it back 6 weeks. Now hire has been extended to 19th April if not ill have to buy a car to see us thru

Left home to drop wife off as she’s having a rare night out. Car OK as we leave home, hear awful noise so limp to where it’s safe to stop and rear tyre has fallen to bits.

Now waiting 30 mins for kwikfit to assess stock and see if they can get to me if not got to wait for AA to recover me to kwikfit 30 miles away so could be stuck all day.

I know I’m being self indulgent but I’m thoroughly fed up with cars, insurance companies, motability etc.

All I wanna do is go home and go to bed and hide from the world.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

Its wrong how you have been treated over this. So much for “worry free” motoring!

Have you thought of complaing to Motability CEO, as it seems things only get done properly by doing so.

Rich44
        Participant

Funny you should say that when they said there was nothing they could do about the hire car I said can I start an official complaint then please. Next email they extended till 19th April I guess to shut me up.

Yes I must write a proper complaint out by post. I get hire cars have to go back some time but the long wait for new cars isn’t my fault, the long wait to write mine off wasn’t my fault either so you know I expect a little flexibility.

I’ve never had the experience of worry free each time I’ve needed a hire car for breakdowns etc I get the none available and have to fight for one.

If I wasn’t in love with the Enyaq I’m close to getting I think I’d be tempted to go back to old bangers. Best car I ever had was a £550 2003 Mondeo Ghia X 2.5 V6 had 140k miles but it was solid and LOADS of fun and had airconditioned leather seats mmmmmmm lol.

Rich44
          Participant

Well apparently “out of hours” despite Saturday being a weekday really these days there’s no way of getting tyres done.

So now I’ve got the choice of waiting to be taken to kwikfit 30 miles away and AA might not get here before 5 and kwikfit might not have stock so then I’d be stranded 30 miles from home. Or they might be shut

Or I get towed to my home address and I guess wait until next week for kwikfit to come out.

AA don’t talk to kwikfit who don’t talk to europcar. Im having to keep phoning between them all.

I’ve given up told them to get me home ive got meds to take by 4 and my sons insulin is due by then too. Car can sit on drive with flat and europcar can arrange to remove it I’m done.

Rich44
            Participant

Home now ill give AA credit when I explained I was disabled and my diabetic teen was hone alone they did prioritise me so only waited about 90 mins.

They put a multi fit soacesaver on and followed me home then put the normal wheel on.

Now waiting till weds between 830am and 6pm for kwikfit

kezo
              Participant

Now waiting till weds between 830am and 6pm for kwikfit

Crazy! So your without a car till then?

Ioniq
                Participant

The system is on its arse. That is totally unacceptable.

You dont get worry free motoring when YOU have to chase their agencies up to get things done.

Motability washing their hands and saying they cant do anything about RAC, kwikfit or DL.

The Press and your MP should be involved in this shambles.

Participant

Blimey Rich, have you run over a black cat or something?

It truly terrifies me when I read reports like this. I joined Motability because it was supposed to provide stress free motoring but just lately I am seeing more and more about poor service, unreturned calls and terrible attitudes towards the end user. It is starting to appear that being a Motability/disabled customer puts you to the back of the queue. I thought those days were just a distant bad memory but maybe not!

Adrian
                    Participant

It is starting to appear that being a Motability/disabled customer puts you to the back of the queue

True quote of the day

"Come on BYD Seal!"
                      Rich44
                      Participant

Maybe my 7kg black cat Prince is angry cos I said he was fat lol.

Yeah only reason I joined is I was fed up with the annual mot worry. I wanted to worry free single point of call.

You know I got better service when I had a company car tyres, servicing, repairs etc one phone call sorted everything that’s what I thought Motability would be.

I could understand the money limit with hire cars but when they’re sitting on over £2bn in cash reserves why can’t they look after us properly?

I’ll have to write everything up from my first breakdown to today. Their taxi service is unusable as they come from Norwich which is 30 miles away so 2 mile trip from my home to dealer cost motability £80

4 times now I’ve had yo fight for a hire car not a specific one just a hire car.

You have a problem MB fob you off tell you to complain to each company like RAC MB don’t wanna know.

I feel awful moaning I don’t wanna moan about stuff all the time but between my screwed up bathroom that I had to moan about to this I’m just losing the willy live over all this stuff.

Now stuck home till Weds during kids Easter break.

Think I need to go see a spiritualist or something and get blessed clear out all the bad stuff lol

joss

It never rains,but it pours. As the saying goes. I feel you pain and frustration @Rich44

Joss
                          Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

ScotT
                          Spectator

Reading this, it is really really not been a good experience for you.

Somebody at Motability needs to own this issue and apologise and put it right ASAP

please keep us updated.

Rich44
                            Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>@kezo yup car is now parked up with shredded tyre until weds between 830am and 6pm I don’t even know why they call it an appointment with a 1 hour window there.</p>
                              They also say you might be charged for tyres too ill be furious those are original tyres from new and nearly down to the wear bars so they nearly needed doing.

Annoyingly the tpms warning didn’t ho off until I was driving home with the AA spacesaver on fat lot of good that was

Ellyr5
                              Participant

I’m so sorry Rich that’s all terrible.
                                Who said you might be charged for the tyre? On what basis?! I’ve never heard that before!

Rich44
                                Participant

Hi hopefully they won’t but it says so when you call Europcar and arrange for a replacement.

kezo
                                  Participant

You should be covered by under the supposedly  “worry free” motoring aspect afforded to the vehicles we drive.

I would start making enquiries before Wednesday, with the view putting in a complaint at the top, highlighting how you have been treated throughout.

Rich44
                                    Participant

Your post gave me the kick up the bum to put an email together and emailed the CEO.

I got a reply pretty quick saying it had been passed on and I’d hear in 24 hours and I got a reply saying they’d seen on record I prefer email and asked for some security which was great.

Anyway hire car has been extended until June, they’ve promised to support me until the car arrives.

They’ve assured me kwikfit will be here tomorrow

Theyre getting DLM and RAC to investigate having to squeeze around at a scrapyard to retrieve my scooter with no disabled access and waiting multiple hours for recovery, sending a taxi to a location in London instead of Norfolk when I had an accident etc.

I’ve since had a text from europcar saying the hire car needs an mot and Motability are looking to get the hire car changed given the state of it.

Thanks to everyone who replied on here I don’t think I would’ve written to the ceo without you I would’ve continued filling in the complaint form instead

I didn’t realise how badly I was affected by all this but I read all that and started crying.

Participant

Your post gave me the kick up the bum to put an email together and emailed the CEO. I got a reply pretty quick saying it had been passed on and I’d hear in 24 hours and I got a reply saying they’d seen on record I prefer email and asked for some security which was great. Anyway hire car has been extended until June, they’ve promised to support me until the car arrives. They’ve assured me kwikfit will be here tomorrow Theyre getting DLM and RAC to investigate having to squeeze around at a scrapyard to retrieve my scooter with no disabled access and waiting multiple hours for recovery, sending a taxi to a location in London instead of Norfolk when I had an accident etc. I’ve since had a text from europcar saying the hire car needs an mot and Motability are looking to get the hire car changed given the state of it. Thanks to everyone who replied on here I don’t think I would’ve written to the ceo without you I would’ve continued filling in the complaint form instead I didn’t realise how badly I was affected by all this but I read all that and started crying.

Stay positive Rich, I know all too well that stuff like this can become overwhelming but at the end of the day just see it as something you have overcome! Shit happens but you have dealt with it and come out the other side!

Failing that, come on here and tell us all about it! We will always be happy to listen.

mickyarmy
                                        Participant

I sometimes wonder if its layed back untrained motability  staff ,that don’t put priority interest in customers issues   ,I recently was told to book in quickfit get wipers changed they do wipers ,that where picked up worn by service at mercedes but not changed . Motability said ,So I booked in told them car wipers needed ,got there had wait hour for wipers to come , when quickfit  asked for authority from motability a second time ,they said no don’t change wipers ,???? Its confuseing ? But this not as bad as your issues with write-off car ,bless you . Hopefully get new car soon, maybe that’s why wipers not changed ,but why tell me to book in then when there ,no can’t have wipers done ,motability usually good but can let customers down ,with no apology explanation.

kezo
                                          Participant

Excellent Rich, hopefully you can rest a bit more easy now!

Rich44
                                            Participant

The saga continues, heard nothing more from chief execs person despite promise of updates and changing the hire car.

Just called europcar to arrange MOT and they want ME to arrange MOT with kwikfit drive there, wait and then go home assuming car passes.

1. Nearest kwikfit is 30 miles each way, who pays for the diesel

2. What happens if it fails and can’t be fixed immediately

3. Why should I have to give up my time and energy doing this?

Now waiting on the branch to call but to me you swap the car and they sort the MOT. How you expect customers to do this is a joke. Would they say that to a “normal” hire customer?

Rich44
                                              Participant

Maybe I should say sure I’ll do it pay me mileage at 50p a mile plus £15 an hour like you would your employees and I’ll do it.

Seems like free labour to me otherwise

kezo
                                                Participant

I would email the cheif exec’s person again – explaining you have heard nothing from them as promised.

However you did have a text on “date” from europcar saying the hire car needs an mot and Motability are looking to get the hire car changed given the state of it, Although you have heard no more about a change of hire car since!

Explain the latest development of the car needing an MOT, which required you to chase it up with Europcar, only for them to say they want you to arrange MOT with kwikfit drive there, which is a 60 mile round trip and should it fail you are stranded awaiting for a taxi to be sorted, which is not on.

Just go onto say your not happy with how things are unfolding at no fault of your own and wish to be placed in a suitable hire car within the next 48hrs untill June as promised……

Participant

Maybe I should say sure I’ll do it pay me mileage at 50p a mile plus £15 an hour like you would your employees and I’ll do it. Seems like free labour to me otherwise

That would be an absolutely outrageous request for them to make to a fit and healthy customer and completely unacceptable. Them knowing you are a Motability customer and clearly therefore disabled is frankly unbelievable on their part!!!

They want you to do *THEIR* job?!? As kezo said, I’d be straight onto Mota CEO again and also tell him you’re seriously considering going to the media about this.

Rich44
                                                    Participant

I did tell them, they were pretty uninterested and said well keep me informed….

Aside from go to the dealer for an update on delivery and extend the hire car and pass complaints on to DLM and rac they don’t seem to be doing anything now.

I was gobsmacked at being asked to do an mot. What happens if it fails on something they can’t fix immediately? Sure I can drive home but then I’m supposed to do what? Considering the expense of hiring a car you’d think you’d get better customer service than that.

I feel like I’m being judged, oh you’re disabled as a motability customer we’re gonna assume you sit on your arse all day so you can get the mot for us. The more I think about it the more I feel I’m being judged, you know?

I thought this was all going to be sorted but after that email of promises seems like they’ve lost interest. I’ll wait to see if I get a call from Europcar today or tomorrow if not I’ll email her again telling them to intervene and get the car changed cos I’m not playing silly buggars.

Even if they’d let me get the mot at local STS 4 miles away I probably wouldn’t, why should I? It’s not my job I already had to spend £30+ on adblue

Rich44
                                                      Participant

Starting to think there’s something wrong with me, some aura or curse or something that causes stuff like this to happen to me. I mean what are the odds. Have a hire car the needs a service, then blows a tyre, then needs an MOT all while getting gyp from left, right and centre. I just don’t get why I just get bad stuff all the time lol.

I really sick and tired of writing complaints seems all I do just makes me feel like a miserable old grumpy git.

I’ll give europcar 24 hours to sort it then I’ll kick motability say come on you made promises what are you doing….

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.