Do you Dress Up for Christmas Dinner in Suit / Dress

• Creator
    Topic
  • #133214 Reply
    Martinod

I remember as child I always had to dressed all smart shirt and tie then as I got older a suit , it was nice  , but sometimes uncomfortable.

I do like getting dressed up but now the thought of putting a suit on for dinner and have to get the dinner ready then clean up and do dishes ect in a suit doesn’t appeal to  me maybe I’m becoming lazy, if my parent were still here they would be shocked .

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #133229 Reply
    Georgie

I wear my best ‘at home’ clothes – better than my average slobbing around stuff but not as fancy as my Going Out clothes (even if ‘going out’ in 2020 meant seeing the GP!)

Oh, and my Winnie the Pooh ears, of course.

#133233 Reply
    Martinod

Georgie that sounds great and the Pooh ears

#133241 Reply
    Brydo

No dressing up in our house martinod just a dressing down if I overcook the turkey.

#133266 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

no, theres usually a selection of xmas jumpers amd t-shirts displaying various irreverent themes.

my presesnt to brother in law is h4h t-shirt bah humbug.

wont be so many this year obv but usually theres 20-30 for xmas tea buffet.

#133267 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

oh and we usually have the norad santa tracker on tonight for the youngsters

#133275 Reply
    alan1302
    Participant

No, just wear what I’d normally do it it was a weekend…which is the same as I wear during the week!

#133292 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Mrs T normally dons a charming outfit of some type. Bit challenging this year with health issues – nothing small enough! I have been known to squeeze into a proper dinner suit, bow tie etc. just for the fun of it. However, with all the horrors of 2020 I will probably just put my “Bah Humbug” seat shirt over my cheffie apron. Tilly would look great with reindeer horns!

#133350 Reply
    Donkey Oatie

I think if I wore a suit, Mrs Oatie would be a bit worried, Mind you she would be even more worried if I wore a dress!

#133362 Reply
    Martinod

Iv heard of the naked chef

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Reply #133233 in Do you Dress Up for Christmas Dinner in Suit / Dress
Your information: