Do “women want their cake and eat it”?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #139647 Reply
    Brydo

I stumbled across a show on TV “First Dates” where couples meet for the first time via a blind date. On the date I was watching the couple were getting on great, but during the filming it cuts to the girl saying “he’s not my type” however she doesn’t tell the guy. We cut to the end of the meal and the bill. The smitten guy says “I’ll get this” the unsmitten woman says “thanks” but making no attempt to pay her half of the bill.

Cut to the finale where the couple say if they fancy each other, the guy is pretty upset that she didn’t fancy him but she knew she didn’t fancy him but still took a food and drink freebie from a guy she didn’t know and who she would never see again.

To make matters worse I googled the show to find out a bit more and apparently they both get £50 each towards the meal.

So the woman has been paid £50 to keep a man company for the night, I’m sure there’s a word for it lol.

Excuse the pun

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #139658 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Brydo that is my favourite programme I love it did you see the valentines special the other night she had knitted him a Willy warmer

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#139659 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Best programme on tv with the masked singer and bbc breakfast mon to Wednesday only

#139661 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

So, it seems to me Brydo, he got to spend time with someone he liked and spent his £50 accordingly, and she spent time with someone she didn’t like and got £50 compensation.

Seems fair…

#139662 Reply
    Brydo

I think that’s the show I saw Mike, nice when they get on and see each other again.

I think that couple were in their 70’s, heart warming.

#139663 Reply
    Brydo

Not sure when you last paid for a meal in a decent restaurant wigwam but £50 wouldn’t even cover the drinks bill!

#139664 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

It’s not a decent restaurant, Brydo. It’s a TV programme….

#139665 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

It used to be filmed in the Chop House in Paternoster Square

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/entertainment/10-secrets-of-first-dates/

but now it’s in The Refinery in Manchester, where I have in fact eaten, and paid….

#139668 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Yes Brydo her name was Jean age 73 grey hair very glam had been a French teacher her date was lovely man they were a good match it’s a lovely programme no swearing etc

#139669 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Last week the man was into spanking his date enjoyed it too so they were a good match she got drunk after the meal and they snogged

#139670 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I love the blonde waitress

#139671 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Of course you do, Mike…

#139702 Reply
    Brydo

Mike as you have the same impeccable taste as me I will have a look at other episodes and see if it catches my attention.

#139703 Reply
    Mike11

Brydo I find there are lovely ladies in every episode

#139704 Reply
    Mike11

Brydo I find there are lovely ladies in every episode

#139706 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

All this talk of cake has made me peckish. Coffee and dessert time, and later NCIS season 18!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Do “women want their cake and eat it”?
Your information: