Discrimination

• Creator
    Topic
  • #164451 Reply
    DRDR31
    Participant

Hello All,

I don’t normally participate in forums but I’m absolutely fuming with the experience I’ve had with Crewe VW.

Is anyone else sick and tired of being discriminated against?

Basically, I tired to order a VW ID3 which they have in stock available. They refused to sell me the car on the scheme but will let me buy it privately. I asked to speak to the sale manager Steve who was rude and basically didn’t care. Straight up said, they don’t have any obligation to supply stock cars to Motability customers but said he can order me one with a 6 – 9 month wait. Car is basically sitting there isn’t sold or anything.

Has anyone experience this with this dealer? I encourage everyone to call and leave reviews online. They should be removed from the scheme as members.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by joss. Reason: Removed dealer details
    • This topic was modified 1 month ago by joss.
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #164454 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

The dealer is correct. It’s not discrimination. He will sell you the car the same as he will sell it to any other customer. What he won’t do is sell it to Motability.

#164458 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Wigwam is correct, the dealer can sell the car to whoever they like and they will make more money in a private sale. Unfortunately motability customers will almost certainly be the first to suffer during supply shortages and, as we have a perfect storm of chip shortages, the pandemic and brexit we are suffering unprecedented shortages.

In saying that it doesn’t make what’s happened to you OK.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#164460 Reply
    kbfern

I visited a VW dealer this week not very local to me and he would take an order off me for an ID3 or ID4 on a factory order. He has vehicles on order with VW that are not pre sold and he was able to offer one of those with build week 2 so delivery into UK around Feb/Mar so ask them if they have any free future stock vehicles they can allocate to you.

#164461 Reply
    DRDR31
    Participant

Thanks for your replies. It really doesn’t sit well with me. I understand they can sell to whoever they want but most of us didn’t choose to be disabled. On top of that as well we are treated like second class citizens in these dealerships.

I think all dealers should sell the car to motability if it’s available in stock regardless of the circumstances if they have committed to being members. After all, motability is a charity isn’t it..  I ‘feel’ horrible after that ordeal.

#164464 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

The dealer is carrying out instructions handed down by  VW , ultimately , I guess?

It is nevertheless clearly a case of ‘discrimination’ , but probably by VW not by the dealer?

You will no doubt note that other ‘contract hire’, ‘leasing ‘ deals for immediate delivery VW’s are freely available?

It would be interesting to see Motability take VW and others manufacturers to court over this, but it is unlikely to happen – ever , as they would be shooting themselves in the foot?

We disabled are getting the short straw again

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#164465 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

After all, motability is a charity isn’t it..

Volkswagen isn’t, though.

We’re in a year where car manufacturers took up to 50% losses. It’s kinda entitled to argue that they should wave their own wellbeing (selling cars at higher price) to suit yours – which only amounts to “reduced waiting time”. Yes, they “committed” to the scheme – that’s why you can order a VW in the first place.

#164466 Reply
    James

My friend went through this same issue and several dealers said the same thing, stock cars not for motability. He did manage to find a dealer prepared to let a stock car go though but it had to go that month which worked for him.

You watch when this shortage is over they’ll be desperate for you to take stock cars

#164467 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

This from my dealer today –

Volkswagen have not built any stock cars for 3 months Just building sold cars
    The pipe line is empty of nearly every model ..
    What ever you go for will be a factory order now

#164473 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

And that’s the reality, Mike700.

We the disabled are not getting the short straw again, are we?

I’m sure you aren’t suggesting that during this shortage the rest of society should step back so we can get a new car on preferential terms that they can’t get?

#164474 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

It’s a moot point anyway.

The very fact that you certainly can buy a car from (dwindling) stock is factually proof that disabled people aren’t discriminated against. You can buy a car just like every abled person.

You just have to pay the same price. If you don’t want to, or simply can’t (i know we can’t and have no qualms admitting it), i don’t think it’s too much to ask to wait in line until you get your brand new £35k car.

Discrimination against disabled would be if you couldn’t buy a car privately because you’re disabled. Not getting a car as fast as a private buyer (ignoring all other benefits of Motability that a private customer doesn’t get) isn’t discrimination. In my opinion anyway.

#164475 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

You will no doubt note that other ‘contract hire’, ‘leasing ‘ deals for immediate delivery VW’s are freely available?

Not only discriminators but liars too as this is what my dealer said when I asked why we’re being discriminated against…

…”VW made a decision to stop ALL fleet business supply not just Motability so the retail market can still operate.”

… and you can still lease hire from there site to this day.

#164477 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Isn’t lease hire is just another form of financing a new car, ChrisK?  Still a retail sale in effect, not a sale to a company fleet.

#164486 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

At one time, Fleet Sales were a way of car manufacturers shifting volume, at the expense of profit, but for many years now, this has been turned on its head, in that Fleet Sales have become ( for some ) a lucrative source of income / profit!

So Fleet Sales, albeit that there may be less profit per unit than retail sales, are important in that volume sales even with lower profits will keep a business and supporting businesses going far better than lower volume sales with higher profits per unit, and there is a guarantee (almost ) of shifting higher volumes, keeping factories, suppliers, distributors going etc.

Take the example of a hyper market selling volume at low profit compared to the competition selling lower volumes at sky high prices – which is the most successful ?

At the’right’ AP / price, volume can be achieved via Motability and is almost guaranteed and is better advertised ( just look at thy huge volume of free advertising and word of mouth recommendations just on this Forum ) compared to hoping for a retail sale?

Of course, I am biased, in that I am disabled, and a retired banker dealing with fleet sales from both a leasing / lending point of view, and as a customer ( my guys had company cars and I had the budget to pay for them ), but the fact that some disabled get a better deal with Motability than they would via a normal leasing co, is not the business of the Manufacturer, nor the distributor.

If Motability is being penalised compared to other leasing companies, this is discrimination , for whatever reason, then surely Motability customers ie the Disabled are also being discriminated against?

#164488 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

“If Motability is being penalised compared to other leasing companies, this is discrimination , for whatever reason, then surely Motability customers ie the Disabled are also being discriminated against?”

Agreed, depending on the agreements Motability have with the trade. But is that happening?

#164491 Reply
    DRDR31

<p style=”text-align: left;”>It’s very interesting to hear other people’s opinions on this topic. Thanks to everyone who participated.</p>

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Discrimination
Your information: