Disabled facilities grant and new wetroom via HA

• Creator
    Topic
    Rich44
    Participant

Omg where do I start with this. Had the OT out and they agreed to fund a new wetroom.

Housing association prices it up at £12,000 plastic panels marble effect on walls instead of tiles, new shower not electric, Concave sink so nice to wash at and a taller WC, take radiator out and put fan heater in.

10 days with no bathroom luckily our toilet is separate as this is an additional loo. Workmanship is awful you can see a gap between every panel join where he hasn’t gotten them together properly Inc one right behind the shower.

They’ve put a broken panel up, they cut them on the grass so there’s mud on them, light switch has been cut to chest height, our clothes pegs outside have been put in the drain for some reason.

They pulled one piece of coving down replaced it with a bit that doesn’t match and fitted with wood screws, there’s more too

There was a sink next to where the loo is going so they were just going to leave all the pipes there and put a huge box over it, after a big row they cut it all out and the box is now 6 inches square instead of several feet.

They put the sewer plumbing in for new toilet and from Thursday put toilets were backing up the inspection chamber was full of sewage to the top by today so guessing they screwed that up or big coincidence.

I was looking forward to a nice wet room and just wanna cry over the stress of it all now

As far as I’m concerned they can rip it out and start again. We didn’t want the Ha doing this as we knew this would happen we begged the council to get quotes from private bathroom companies

Viewing 19 replies - 51 through 69 (of 69 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Rich44
      Participant

New plumbing much better

New plumbing

kezo
        Participant

What did they cut that with to get an edge loke that!

Fingers crossed all goes well with new guy.

Rich44
          Participant

I think he fixed everything to the wall then cut the ply why anyone would do that tho?

Even using a multitool freehand you could do better than that lol

kezo
            Participant

Can’t use a tape measure!

The Pipe work looks miles better and soldered 🙂

Perhaps as them to do the flooring as in pictures of other’s wetrooms, rather than having skirting board.

A nice wall hung toilet with frame behind the boxing where the pipes are will look nice.

Rich44
              Participant

Don’t get me started on the toilet had soooo many arguments over that must be doc m, what’s the difference between doc m and a comfort height if the height is the same, oooooooh no definitely not suitable.

Asked for a back to wall toilet but apparently no one makes a doc m back to wall, seeing as they’re panelling the wall why not fit a frame and floating toilet my first thought as only needs like 12cm depth or so but no.

Last argument guy from HA sent in text to wife if they fit a non standard toilet they can’t support it if it breaks going forward as they’ve never used them before. There’s me thinking nearly all close coupled loos work in a similar way how advanced could a loo be that they won’t work on it going forward. Really mad it’s like we’ll if you’re getting what you ask for then I’m going to stick this threat in to frighten u off

On top of this heating company just turned up to take some pipes out that they left hanging out of the ceiling last time, no appointment, no call just bang bang on the door and now need furniture moved to lift floorboards upstairs…..

I swear never using the grant again it’s more hassle than its worth 21 working days since they started work now

Rich44
                Participant

Pretty sure dumping anti freeze is illegal. Draining down rads

https://forum.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/259818/4qcyx779i6lnlpi0e0zks74vl4zwk67p.jpg

kezo
                  Participant
                    Rich44
                    Participant

Just filled central heating up from the loop in airing cupboard so that means there’s no anti freeze in it now, hilarious can’t wait for the heat pump to get destroyed next cold weather….

kezo
                      Participant
                        Rich44
                        Participant

Unfortunately they wouldn’t go for that either they’ve been quite unhelpful.

Well it’s looking better now dug the drain out and found the old waste pipe that wasn’t replaced was angled upwards to outside so good job we told them to replace it as last time he just connected to the old pipe.

Where he dug the floor up he found no evidence of damp proofing so he’s put bitumen down today and hell latex Monday.

He’s also started boarding the walls off again but this time he’s putting proper insulation behind the ply.

Also the framing looks a lot better too

Rich44
                          Participant

Wetroom

Rich44
                            Participant

Ok just about done MUCH happier this time, close to perfect.

Moved drain so don’t stand on it whilst showering

Removed coving and panelled to ceiling, didn’t use stupid bits of trim that stick out in corners, completely redid ceiling looks gorgeous this guy listened to everything we had to say and also proactively suggested stuff on his own.

Door still needs fixing as it doesn’t stay shut and needs a disabled friendly lock as just had a bolt at present so not safe.

Now new level access front and rear composite doors, ramps and a patio to be built next. I’m going to ask for one of those side access toilet seat bidets next as they look so handy over struggling in pain.

Here’s a photo ceiling looks incredible

Wetroom

Participant

very much more like it. hopefully the first effort wont be paid for

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
                                Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

kezo
                                Participant

What a transformation!

Looks hell of a lot better and more like a wetroom

Participant

What an amazing difference! Looking really good now Rich. It must feel such a relief after the complete botch of the first attempt!

Phaedra
                                    Participant

When can we come and try it out? 🤣

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Rich44
                                      Participant

Maybe I should have a poo party

Rich44
                                        Participant

Thanks everyone yes very relieved. Bit miffed where they glossed Friday now the bathroom door doesn’t close at all it hits the frame, so that and the safe lock still needs doing. Gotta chase that up now.

Hopefully should be getting level access front and rear doors soon and a nice big patio area too. Got a lovely blue composite front door coming I’m thinking of dressing the front door up to look like a TARDIS now 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Rich44
                                          Participant

Well not only have they stuffed up the door the fan has no humidity sensing so it’s only on if you turn the light on, this morning the wife set off every smoke alarm in the house as the steam set them all off as the door doesn’t close and as it was bright didn’t need the light on.

Sigh so now got to wait for them to arrange to come back out

On top of that as the door opens out and cant be kicked in during an emergency they were supposed to replace the standard bolt on the door with something that can be opened from the outside needless to say they didn’t bother.

I also didn’t like the fact that all the panels were chopped up outside, there’s now loads of micro plastic blowing around the garden, sure it’s insignificant in the grand scheme but if everyone did it plus we live within 1 mile of the sea which also makes it worse imho.  Yeah this is being picky but I actually care about such things esp when it’s stuff that’s easy to prevent

to be continued

Viewing 19 replies - 51 through 69 (of 69 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.