diesel and petrol keep going up – i need an EV

• Creator
    Topic
  • #140193 Reply
    martinod

i dont go out as much because of lock down but iv noticed it seems to be every time i go to asda/tesco  diesel and petrol have went up another 1p litre . i remember a few years back tesco stopped giving you 20p off a litre and brought the price to 99p litre but then it just started going up again.

costco started selling fuel but it now only 1p cheaper than supper markers , some time asda is cheaper.

i now its only a penny every time but it just seems to go up all the time

as i normally do 18/19k miles a year trying to save money on fuel is good , this is one of the reasons i want to go EV

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #140372 Reply
    rox
    Blocked

My local council don’t even recycle glass and i lived here 10 years. last year they was meant to start and we was all gonna get a special bin just for glass as it cannot be put in the blue bin but covid has stoppped the rollout of the bins and now it’s this year. i will believe it when i see it..

Crazy really the oldest recyclable and they reject it all if you put glass in the blue bin for recycling and it then all goes to landfill or the incinerator.

As for the mining then it’s not really mining is it, it’s lithium extraction my bad they are two very different things.

#140375 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

The trouble here is that we’re swapping one horribly polluting & damaging industry for another not quite so horribly polluting & damaging industry.

Perhaps contraception is the answer.

#140378 Reply
    rox
    Blocked

The trouble here is that we’re swapping one horribly polluting & damaging industry for another not quite so horribly polluting & damaging industry. Perhaps contraception is the answer.

Indeed that maybe so or they got other ways of making people sterile to reduce population of the planet.

Then they will say it’s not as clean as they first thought, we got it wrong, all after they fleeced us and then the next generation gets fleeced again and this happens over and over.. Until humans are no longer needed and robots serve them and create everything.. or like that series on sky brave new world scary stuff really..

If people can dream it up it could happen if it’s not beyond the realms of possiblities. then it could happen. but i am not saying it will or when just that it could..

#140379 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

It used to be important for the masses to keep breeding to provide the children to go up chimneys and down the mines, and for those who survived to adulthood to go to war and fight and die.

Now we need to keep breeding little consumers.

Plus ca change..

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
Reply To: diesel and petrol keep going up – i need an EV
Your information: