diesel £202.9 £2.03 today will it stop

• Creator
    Topic
  • #189175 Reply
    martinod

diesel was almost (£202.9 )£2.03 today .. will it ever stop going up  , at what would you stop putting fuel in

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #189185 Reply
    James

Most people would keep filling their car up at £5 a litre, I know for many a car is a must have but where we live I believe people have lost the use of there legs (not disabled)

Our neighbour drives to school which is less than a mile away just because they can’t be bothered

#189189 Reply
    Stu
    Participant

It’s all part of the plan! Rising fuel, rising food rising Gas & Electric… With Boris taking such a battering the other day his days are surely numbered unless he makes a big statement with the cost of living, I guess we will see!

#189219 Reply
    Jojoe
    Participant

The price should come down a little in September when holidays are over. The USA use a lot of gas in the summer months as they holiday at home and do lots of driving, this increases demand. And if the war in Ukraine ends, we may start buying diesel from Russia again.

#189273 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car
    #189275 Reply
    Robert Dobson

https://chng.it/jnMRmVqfkC
    sign the petition for a fuel duty cut

#189282 Reply
    joss

https://chng.it/jnMRmVqfkC sign the petition for a fuel duty cut

Signed 👍👍👍

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#189372 Reply
    Ditch

Signed 👍

#189383 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Today our local Esso is charging 195.9, up from 191.9 just a few days ago and despite a falling wholesale gas price. Maybe we need a price cap, set weekly by something similar to OFGEM.

#189445 Reply
    tinytim
    Participant

https://chng.it/jnMRmVqfkC sign the petition for a fuel duty cut

I have signed i will get my home help to sign as well and hopefully she will pass it on.

tim

#189452 Reply
    joss

Good man TT. The more the merrier.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#189758 Reply
    Ditch

Petition just about nearing 300.000. 👍

#189920 Reply
    vinnym70

It’s saddening to say but even a reduction of 50% in the duty (or a cessation of VAT) will only be for the short term.

Ultimately, oil is a commodity. It is traded on the open market with laws of supply and demand driving the basic cost per barrel of crude oil.

Extracting crude oil from the ground and refining it requires energy and the cost of the energy to do this is increasing rapidly as we all know.

Take a long hard look at the big financial institutions in this world who essentially trade in commodities like oil and make a profit from doing so.

#190066 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Indeed vinny, Lets also not forget the market rigging they do and the small fines they get in comparison to the profits they’ve made. It’s alot more complex this than the goverments or main stream media are saying and if the truth be told many would say it’s a conspiracy theory but is it..

Fact are the policies of sanctions are driving the markets and who benefits from it all, those in prime position. Will the oil for example last forever, no is the answer and how long before they actually ban it or the sale of it.

I’d say once their reserves are unprofitable and they’ve moved onto the next cash cow to fleece us the consumer. Will they allow the other side to sell the product then? just like they won’t allow the sael of oil not in dollars and what do libya, iraq, iran & syria etc all have in common their leaders wanted to sell oil not in dollars, as do Russia and china and the brics nations.

It’s pretty much a war of the two systems like beta max and vhs and is coming to a head and only bad stuff for us the masses will happen moving forward.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: diesel £202.9 £2.03 today will it stop
Your information: