Detailed analysis of Q3

• Creator
    Topic
  • #157210 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

As there is nothing on the TV tonight I though I might spend a couple of hours researching this quarters price list in more detail, to hopefully give an insight into what me might expect in Q4.

Viewing 20 replies - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #157337 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Possibly with the Enyaq if or when it makes it on the scheme one (or more) of the packs will be included in the price. We have seen motabiliy adopt this approach in the past. Usually it’s based around driver aids rather than sound system upgrades/sunroof.

I mean, i wouldn’t complain. If only it makes it to the scheme – fingers crossed. As long as i can get the illuminated grille, lol.

Wow, just had a look at the boot space in the Enyaq and certainly looks like you can actually get a fully assemble pavement scooter in the back without losing any seating capacity. What’s the chance of it turning up in the next 3 weeks when I order? None I hear you say, never mind, then petrol it is for another 3 to 5 years for me.

Yeah in terms of practicality, it’s up there in the EV world. And (though subjective), it’s one of the best looking “big” EVs out there, to me. But, yeah.. Don’t think it’ll make it to the scheme before Q4, if at all. The fact that we got the “sister-car” with the ID4 (same platform) makes me hopeful though.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY23

#157374 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Imposible to forecast these things. I’m looking to go electric when my lease is up and can and, given lead times, will order asap if there is something to meet my needs. At present there are three possibilities and I am hoping come Q4 that number will be higher. Apart from spec size etc, the three key issues will be AP, range and delivery times. The vast majority of electric cars have AP’s under £2k, which would be my limit as would an absolute minimum 260 mile range and delivery in a maximum of 17 weeks. Maybe difficult to achieve and if so compromises might be needed.

#157489 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Thought it useful to copy and paste this comment from another thread.

“Personal choice and freedom are important aspects of society and in so far as Motability is concerned, perhaps they should review some of the current BHP/price limits to better reflect the needs of it´s customers regardless if they choose petrol, diesel, electric or hybrid. This should be achievable by a modest expansion of car numbers without compromising the core values of the scheme. The AP bar has been set at 5999 for a Mercedes A class and Motability has the option to include certain cars which offer something extra like additional space or useful features.”

Maybe Motability  might take some of these and other comments on board?

#157491 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

260 mile range

We’re talking about fossil car manufacturers who are making a few EV models here, I was chatting yesterday with a couple who have an ID3 58kWh model, they said not to believe the advertised 260 miles range as they were only getting around 210 miles range in the summer driving carefully.

It’s the same with my Pug e2008, range 191 miles advertised, so that’s 150 miles in summer & 100 miles in winter.

Don’t believe the promises of the fossil manufacturers.

#157495 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I think some manufacturers, Kia and Hyundai in particular have impressive real life ranges and it is the same with MPG. My Tuscon, although thirsty, returns close to its advertised figure whereas my X1 did not, in fact the two are almost identical   Always a case of buyer beware! If you apply the maths on the ID3, that could be a range around 130-140 miles in winter with a gradual reduction due to age. I am not a huge fan of the ID3, although I have not seen one for real many reviews are critical of it´s poor interior. I think I would prefer the KIA/Hyundai route, depending on next quarters AP and also given some of the reports on this forum.

#157540 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

You are right about the South Koreans, 4.7miles per kW on the 64kW battery gives you 300 miles, over 7800 miles I’m averaging 4.8, and now the weather’s good, I’m getting between 5.3 and 5.8 most of the time.  It will drop in the winter, but the Kona, driven carefully will easily get between 250 and 360 miles all day long

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Intranicity.

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#157579 Reply
    joss

You guys have got me really wanting an EV now, especially the Hyundai Kona. Damn you people lol. I am due for renewal in 2022 around March time.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#157637 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Joss, I am in the same situation but I can place an order in December so once the Q4 lists are out I can see what is available and, covid permitting, take some test drives etc.  I have Brydo in particular to thank as I had misgivings about going electric but with much better ranges, plus the huge cost savings on fuel combined with, theoretically, a much greener product and generally generous spec´s, it seems to be the right way forward. The Kona looks a good bet along with the Soul and it is a question of waiting for Q4 prices and hopefully no nasty surprises.

#157640 Reply
    Tim

Kona ultimate price increased since last quarter?

#157645 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

from 499 to 999.

#157648 Reply
    Logiejames
    Participant

Dear Hyundai, give me ioniq 5 on motability, I will make you my new lord and saviors, much love, Logan

haha.

Seriously though, I’m just treading water waiting for the right car. My 2 year extension on current car runs out August 2022.

BUT my pip is due for reassessment in October 2022 X_X… I can’t see them taking it away, but then ATOS are scumbags so who knows! Perhaps I’m some magical miracle whose incurable disease got better!

You need at least 12months left though to get a new car right? So I guess I have till Q3 (?) this year to find my future car, hence my interest in this topic and its soothsaying :).

#157652 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

from 499 to 999.

But it was £2650 in Q1, I’ve saved £690 so far compared to the BMW diesel, so despite higher AP, you’ll soon recoup your money.  I think we will see the Ioniq 5, but probably not till Q1 next year at the earliest

Previous Motability Cars

#157657 Reply
    Tim

Cheers folks

#157658 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I think we will see the Ioniq 5, but probably not till Q1 next year at the earliest

As I mentioned on another thread, the Ioniq 5 cannot appear unless Motability change the scheme rules. Although cars like the XC40 and Peugeot 3008 have cars up to circa £45k on the scheme, that’s because these models have ‘qualifying’ entry level models that are below the current price caps. As the Ioniq 5 is a stand alone model with an entry price of £37k it wouldn’t qualify unless the rules change (which I hope that they do, as it would open up a heck of a lot more choice of bigger vehicles).

#157660 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

I think we will see the Ioniq 5, but probably not till Q1 next year at the earliest

As I mentioned on another thread, the Ioniq 5 cannot appear unless Motability change the scheme rules. Although cars like the XC40 and Peugeot 3008 have cars up to circa £45k on the scheme, that’s because these models have ‘qualifying’ entry level models that are below the current price caps. As the Ioniq 5 is a stand alone model with an entry price of £37k it wouldn’t qualify unless the rules change (which I hope that they do, as it would open up a heck of a lot more choice of bigger vehicles).

The reason I’ve suggested that time scale is because I believe the price will drop, the Kona top level has dropped £6k, and I think the Ioniq 5 will also drop significantly once the initial rush is over, there is a possibility they will aslo start going the VAG route of a cheap base, and add on packs.

The base ID.4 is just under £35k, so very little difference in price

Previous Motability Cars

#157661 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

Incidentally, I personally know the CEO of Motability, as his previous job was CEO of Blesma, I wonder if his mobile number is the same… Might drop him a line and see if we can get some clarity of how Motability see the future with regards Price Caps, BHP limits, and the under 25’s

Previous Motability Cars

#157662 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

The Ioniq 5 is built in Korea, so there won’t be any option packs, unless they’re dealer fitted.

#157667 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Incidentally, I personally know the CEO of Motability, as his previous job was CEO of Blesma, I wonder if his mobile number is the same… Might drop him a line and see if we can get some clarity of how Motability see the future with regards Price Caps, BHP limits, and the under 25’s

That would be great. I have never seen the logic of price caps, as long as the AP reflects all additional costs. Access to Motability isn’t means tested, so those able and willing to pay higher AP’s for bigger / more expensive cars should be able to, just as happens with any other leasing company. Also the lack of choice of larger vehicles is woeful. The government sponsored review into Motability was done ages ago and highlighted this as an area that needed improvement, yet nothing has been done. Simply calling a compact / small SUV a ‘large SUV’ (as Motability does) just doesn’t cut the mustard!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Glos Guy.
    #157672 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

That would be great. I have never seen the logic of price caps, as long as the AP reflects all additional costs. Access to Motability isn’t means tested, so those able and willing to pay higher AP’s for bigger / more expensive cars should be able to, just as happens with any other leasing company. Also the lack of choice of larger vehicles is woeful. The government sponsored review into Motability was done ages ago and highlighted this as an area that needed improvement, yet nothing has been done. Simply calling a compact / small SUV a ‘large SUV’ (as Motability does) just doesn’t cut the mustard!

This would be sensible and Motability have the option of doing this especially given that the dynamic of motoring is changing with the advent of electric vehicles. Search Electric and under 25 and the choice is underwhelming, almost non existent in fact. And for wheelchair users a proper SUV or large car is essential, not a luxury.

#157795 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant
Viewing 20 replies - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
Reply To: Reply #157661 in Detailed analysis of Q3
Your information: