Detailed analysis of Q3

• Creator
    Topic
  • #157210 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

As there is nothing on the TV tonight I though I might spend a couple of hours researching this quarters price list in more detail, to hopefully give an insight into what me might expect in Q4.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #157212 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I predict a riot.

#157216 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

Save you the trouble, Q4 will see:

Fewer Diesel’s, Fewer Petrol. more Hybrids, more EV’s
    PHEV”S will still be overpriced
    Chip shortages will still be an issue
    The ID.4 will drop in price
    The Enyaq will come on but be expensive
    The e-Niro will still not be on the scheme, nor will the EQA, Ioniq 5 or Kia EV6
    The Rexton will never return…
    Volvo will stop selling the XC40 T3

Most people will find something they like, but people will still moan 😉

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#157217 Reply
    Brydo

Let’s see what you come up with fwippers.

#157223 Reply
    ajn

Great game 👏

#157234 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

I predict the fully electric Pug 308 will arrive on the scheme…. in… er… 2023 sometime.

#157235 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Now, back to business, I think the Enyaq will already be on the scheme by Q4 because people will rush to buy the Koreans instead as they’re simply better, even if they will be in short supply. However, it will only be the short range Enyaq at first.

The e-Niro will make a brief appearance as Kia clear stocks for the incoming EV6, and people will have cancelled their long standing e-niro orders leaving Kia with lots of them, just like Hyundai with the Kona.

The EV6 won’t appear until Q2 2022 and only for the first morning before being removed. It will return in 2023.

The Mustang Mach-E will arrive the same time as the flying pigs.

#157237 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

I wouldn’t mind the new Kia Sportage (not much known yet, other than a few pictures), supposed to go on sale end of this year.

I do like the looks and the interior from “leaks” (there’s a korean youtube channel which shows a production model off, looks quite a bit like the “pre-production” pictures, including the curved big screen).

That in a good spec and as PHEV could be a contender for me personally, and should be coming to the scheme. Either Q4 or Q1 2022.

edit: this one, just saw that there’s the old model labelled 2022 too.

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by Rene.
    • This reply was modified 12 months ago by Rene.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY23

#157241 Reply
    joss

As there is nothing on the TV tonight I though I might spend a couple of hours researching this quarters price list in more detail, to hopefully give an insight into what me might expect in Q4.

Come on @fwippers don’t keep us in suspenders😁

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#157243 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Gothitjulie – will the Flying Pigs have ugly wheels like nearly all the other BEVs?

#157248 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Gothitjulie – will the Flying Pigs have ugly wheels like nearly all the other BEVs?

No, the Flying Pigs will have enclosed rotors rather than wheels.

I’m afraid that I’m a fan of steel wheels that look very simple, & of higher profile tyres that give a bit more comfort over the potholed roads. Why suffer for a fashion in wheels that you don’t understand?

#157250 Reply
    Richardw

I guess because to lots of people the look of a car is quite important. It’s all part of the pleasure of driving as opposed to a necessary evil to get from A to B.

#157252 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

I guess because to lots of people the look of a car is quite important. It’s all part of the pleasure of driving as opposed to a necessary evil to get from A to B.

Fair enough, I have my motorbike to look at I guess. Honda NC750X DCT 2017 in blue, you’ll see what I mean.

#157253 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I agree. I’ve never understood why so many EV’s are so pig ugly. Surely as they are the way forward they should all be attractive / cutting-edge / forward looking designs? So as not to cause offence to anyone who has a particular model (as, IMHO, the two ugliest looking cars on our roads at present are both EV’s available through Motability 😉) I will cite Tesla. To me, they look like 1990’s Japanese hatchbacks. Bland as hell with zero styling flair, which is odd given that they have futuristic interiors with those oversized tablet screens. Although PHEV’s are a compromise and primarily designed for the company car market as tax dodgers, at least they look normal!

#157254 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Fwippers – I hope that you weren’t deterred from posting your findings by one of the earlier replies, as I am sure that many of us would be very interested. The new quarter has resulted in an all time low number of vehicles on the scheme, which is very concerning given that the choice is already very limited for those with specific requirements and preferences. Of course, the current chip shortage will be playing a part, but I fear that the underlying trend is still going in the wrong direction.

#157255 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Flying Pigs with ducted fans on hooves. Goodyear Blimp eat your heart out. The latter crawled along the coast this week. Impressive. Slow. Quite stately.

#157270 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Well, a long night with Uruguay v Colombia and Argentina v Ecuador, oh and England v Ukraine. My conclusions and forecasts looking ahead to Q4 is we are likely to see higher AP’s in general as there is inflationary pressure plus manufacturers looking to boost margins with the “dieselgate” scandal/situation potentially likely to cost them tens of billions or more. Similarly choice is likely to decline with chip shortages and general shortages of other resources too and waiting times from some manufacturers depending upon their business model will increase too.  Electric cars will be the one area I forecast an increase in numbers. It’s difficult to predict accurately which models we might see but with more and more offerings in this sector it seems logical. Not sure what Motability’s philosophy and priorities are but many of the more competitive offerings are in this sector. Sadly I agree with Intracity that the award winning, highly practical and much missed Rexton will not return and I also agree with gothitjulie that we will see some more electric cars added during this Q. Changes as usual will be subtle in the main, with choices within ranges gradually eroded.

#157275 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I agree with all of that (other than the Rexton 😂). It’s a shame that we have yet to see the recommendations of the government sponsored review into Motability being implemented. The only thing that they have done so far are the tv ads to increase awareness amongst the two-thirds of higher level mobility recipients who decide not to have a Motability vehicle. Many of us were hoping that one of the other recommendations would be implemented, namely a far greater selection of larger vehicles. As discussed on another thread, it’s quite laughable what Motability class as ‘large SUV’s’. The vast majority are properly classed as small / compact SUV’s!

#157280 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I agree with all of that (other than the Rexton 😂). It’s a shame that we have yet to see the recommendations of the government sponsored review into Motability being implemented. The only thing that they have done so far are the tv ads to increase awareness amongst the two-thirds of higher level mobility recipients who decide not to have a Motability vehicle. Many of us were hoping that one of the other recommendations would be implemented, namely a far greater selection of larger vehicles. As discussed on another thread, it’s quite laughable what Motability class as ‘large SUV’s’. The vast majority are properly classed as small / compact SUV’s!

The Rexton was put in for amusement. In reality its a huge SUV with many attributes and many shortcomings. 100% spot on with what is classified as a large SUV. Even the TV ad features only small or medium cars.

#157283 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Just a quick add, anyone under 25 wanting electric and 4 doors, has a choice between a Smart with a pathetic range or a VW UP or SEAT MII. Motability need to make sure there are more practical options available.

#157309 Reply
    AndyDStone
    Participant

Just a quick add, anyone under 25 wanting electric and 4 doors, has a choice between a Smart with a pathetic range or a VW UP or SEAT MII. Motability need to make sure there are more practical options available.

100% agree. There needs to be more opportunities for under-25s to drive EVs / PHEVs.

#157312 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

I’m still 8/9 months away from being able to order and with everything going on I can see me extending again

Anyways even though I have an interest in Electric Vehicles I’ve never seriously thought I’d ever end up driving one ( things can change obviously )

One car that caught my eye recently is the Hyundai Ioniq 5

I’ve watched most of the videos on You Tube about it

I have to say it’s definitely a car I would like see on the scheme, the top trim line with the 4wd dual motors looks ( in my eyes ) the absolute berries!

be nice to see in the flesh!

anyone else fancy it?

When life hands you melons...,
    Make melonade!

#157315 Reply
    Rene

We had interest in it.

First of all though, you’ll not get the dual motor extended range one on the scheme. It’ll be the shorter range single motor one – which we wouldn’t have minded, even given a choice we’d most likely take range over extra (in the end, unimportant) horse power.

That’s before i watched a few videos/reviews on it. I personally hate the infotainment (apple style, both macOS style software and hardware in white plastic), and i know that there will be a day where the missing rear window wiper (it has none) will severely annoy me – and then there’s the wheel base. It’s cool, but it’s hugemongous. It has the same wheelbase as an Audi A8, which for us is basically the final nail in the coffin. It has a 12m turning circle. Not practical in a rural welsh town.

It’s as near as it makes no difference 50 grand in top trim with dual motors. Doubt it very much, and if it against all odds does make it in top trim and dual motors onto the scheme, you’ll definitely be looking north of £7000 for it.

I personally am hoping for the Enyaq, kinda fell in love with it when we sat in it. Great turning circle (under 10m, very close to a VW Up! at 9.8m), too. Won’t be cheap either though, i don’t think, even as 53kwh 177hp version – especially since there’s no “trims” as such, just added packs that we’d have to pay out of pocket for. We’ll see.

#157320 Reply
    ajn

Is the dent across the side meant to be there 😳

#157322 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Possibly with the Enyaq if or when it makes it on the scheme one (or more) of the packs will be included in the price. We have seen motabiliy adopt this approach in the past. Usually it’s based around driver aids rather than sound system upgrades/sunroof.

#157335 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Wow, just had a look at the boot space in the Enyaq and certainly looks like you can actually get a fully assemble pavement scooter in the back without losing any seating capacity.

What’s the chance of it turning up in the next 3 weeks when I order? None I hear you say, never mind, then petrol it is for another 3 to 5 years for me.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
Reply To: Detailed analysis of Q3
Your information: