Desperate Dan pie 🥧

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

Went for a spot of lunch today with the wife, “your not going to eat all of that” she said “just watch me” said I.

It was fantastic yum yum.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

Cow pie!

Brydo
        Participant

Absolutely, I did struggle to finish it but got there in the end.

kezo
          Participant

Pitty it didn’t come with horns in it lol!

Do you like Haggis? 🤮

Jojoe
            Participant

I love a nice pie. Morrisons fresh baked pie shop, steak and ale used to be lovely, not seen them in a while.

Participant

Love a good pie!

Brydo
                Participant

I went in for a chicken and veg pie but the menu had changed to the “summer menu” no idea why steak pie is summer and winter and chicken is just winter🤔

joss

Joss
                    Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Phaedra
                    Participant

@Brydo That’s a decent sized pie!  Was it a national chain pub or a local cafe/restaurant?

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Brydo
                      Participant

@phaedra it was a local restaurant. I love their pies and the wife likes the Pepe Chicken.

We were talking about how prices have increased over the past few years. It wasn’t long ago when the both of us could eat at a Brewers Fayre for £15 but our lunch cost £55. Two main, one juice and one wine.

Brydo
                        Participant

@kezo I love haggis.

joss

I also love Haggis too.

Joss
                            Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Phaedra
                            Participant

£55 !!!!!

I complain when I take my daughter out for a quick Wetherspoons!, £26 for 2 meals and 2 drinks! 🙂

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Brydo
                              Participant

@Phaedra the “wine” was from me when I saw the bill 😩

Phaedra
                                Participant

Not suprised!  My eldest worked as a bar manager in various places, the stories he told me about wine prices and part bottles being re-filled and corked to be sold again!, and this was at an AA Silver Star 4 Star rated hotel & Spa in Durham!..

He’s currently working at a Van Der Valk Hotel in Amsterdam, looks very nice but a meal for 2 in the restaurant is about €100-€175 so I won’e be going there any time soon!.

Brydo
                                  Participant

Well on that topic the class of wine was nearly £11.

Jojoe
                                    Participant

Eating and drinking out prices are crazy these days, there not just expensive, the price increases have not been matched with wage rises. In the early to mid 80’s when I started going to pubs I could have a night out in the pub for less than £3.

kezo
                                      Participant

Even takeaway’s aren’t cheap these days either.

Brydo
                                        Participant

The cheapest take away in my area is the local Indian. A”meal deal for one” is £15.00 and includes pakora, about 14 pieces, south indian garlic chilli chicken, fried rice, plain naan, spiced onions and two popadoms. Its for one but me and the wife share it 60/40, well she does wear the trousers lol.

Brydo
                                          Participant

@Johoe i remember being sixteen and me and my four mates would go into the local pub and get five pints for a pound. If we had two pounds between us we all went home drunk lol.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Brydo.

Participant

@Johoe i remember being sixteen and me and my four mates would go into the local pub and get five pints for a pound. If we had two pounds between us we all went home drunk lol.

Sixteen? Surely you mean eighteen? 😂😂😂

Brydo
                                              Participant

Willis it must be all the booze affecting my memory lol

On the subject of drinking I’ve been teatotal for six/seven years now.

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.