Delivery times

• Creator
    Topic
    lee1480
    Participant

Why o why do car dealers people the truth if you order a car they should know when it going to be delivered to the dealership they must know

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      DumfriesDik
      Participant

Of all the cars I have ordered over the years, only the most recent one went belly up to an unknown 18 months of waiting. The VW dealer had no idea because VW wouldn’t/couldn’t tell them. I asked VW for an update, they suggested I contacted the dealer, a merry-go-round. Yes, 18 months of waiting.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

DJP
        Participant

When we got ours in September 22, when we placed our order they said august/september so they was spot on with it

KamKam
          Participant

I feel your pain, I suspect it’s to get the sale in!

swwchris
            Participant

In most cases they just get an indicative delivery date, unfortunately supply chain issues cause dates to not be a fine art!

lee1480
              Participant

I agree with what everybody saying, but you might you fail to make payments on time then it’s all held  brakes loose Motability should set rules about delivery times   The reason I say this is because from what I was told my a motability advisor when a car is put on the System for a customer to collect they have four days to get them to pick it up unless there is an emergency e.g. the hire go into hospital otherwise  the dealership is fined

Robert88
                Participant

I was told roughly the same I had until end of week to pick-up car or it would have to be sent back.

UkHardcore23
                  Participant

I ordered a Megane E Tech over 3 months ago…dealer was certain I’d have it in time for when my lease ended… The car has still not been built.

Abercol
                    Participant

I just ordered an Ioniq 5 AWD, the first visit, a look-see, they looked on their system and said “it’ll be 6-9 months, there’s no UK stock. Great news though, it’ll be the new facelift version”

Next visit, test drive, Motability salesman no.2 says “We have one in stock, but even if not, you’d easy get one by your handover date”

Time to order…back to salesman no. 1 who forgot I’d already spoken  to him…looks on the system, “There’s no stock in the UK, I’ll put you in for 13 Sept collection date, just to make sure it’s here by then” followed by “It’ll be the current version, facelifted cars won’t be here till March 2025.”.

So, take your pick. Hyundai forums say 6 months at least, so I’m inclined to go with response no.1, not lease because it’s also the most vague!

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

Participant

Just read on the Enyaq forum that someone ordered their Enyaq Coupe on 19th January,  it was built on 6th April and delivered on 18th May & it’s now sat on his drive, with photo!

What is going on with these build & delivery times?

Skoda Enyaq Coupe 85x Sportline Plus Adanced, Heat Pump & 21" Supernova Wheels In Moon White Metallic - Ordered 27th December 2023 - Confirmed 31st January 2024 - Build Week 16 (W/C April 15th) Estimated Delivery 26th May. Build Week moved back to week 23 W/C 3rd June) Build Week moved again to week 32 (W/C 5th August)

solent60
                        Participant

Just read on the Enyaq forum that someone ordered their Enyaq Coupe on 19th January, it was built on 6th April and delivered on 18th May & it’s now sat on his drive, with photo! What is going on with these build & delivery times?

Ah. Never forget that you are a Motability customer – and therefore, it is back of the queue for you sir!

Participant

I ordered the new Toyota Chr on April 2nd dealer told me June delivery I got it 2 weeks later and I love it ❤️❤️❤️❤️

des
                            Participant

e 3008 ordered early February told end of June start of July. Now told August and I expect it to be later. About 15 weeks and not even a build date yet.

lee1480
                              Participant

I must admit that motability should start saying to Car makers if you can’t deliver within a decent timescale will have to remove your cars the  scheme it would be Interesting to see what would happen because at the end of the day the car manufactures know Motability is a steady stream of New car  Sales Even if they were a discount, there’s no way Joe probably could take up the slack that Motability buy car

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.