Dealerships scotland

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  file28 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #114095 Reply

Scott

Just wondering if anyone in scotland has been contacted in regards to renewing or are we a couple weeks behind england .

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #114096 Reply

Craig T

I live in Scotland and haven’t heard anything from my dealership since before the lockdown. My car was due to arrive in May but that was before the lockdown. My car also gets adapted, so will have to wait till they too open.

#114106 Reply

scott

yes ive only been contacted to get service and mot done asap (thursday)

#114107 Reply

File28

Not heard anything about Wales either but we usually find our dealers over the border in Chester or Shrewsbury

#114108 Reply

JS

Its Motability that is closed nothing to do with lockdown Border difference, in thier statement to dealers they have asked Dealerships not to proactively contact Motability customers as they themself will contact customers and invite them in phases to clear the backlog first, however from the 1st June if you are waiting for a car that is at dealerships your dealership may make contact advising the next steps, As Motability has been closed as with normal handovers the paperwork (registering the new vehichle etc may take a few days). As days go by things will become clearer.

Motability maintain the customer must be present but I wonder if with modern technology i.e. iPad/tablets etc within the social distancing rules there should be no reason why a dealership could not deliver the new vehicle and pick up the old one whilst observing the rules and safety of both themselves and the customer. where there is a workaround then companies will adapt, the key thing is as many of Motability customers will be in the Vulnerable category is to safeguard those individuals.

If your are awaiting a vehicle and are contacted by a dealership don’t be pressured to get the deal done, if you are self isolating no matter what the rules say your safety is paramount, you will already be on an extended lease and that can be extended until you are able and safe to change over.

#114112 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Not heard anything about Wales either but we usually find our dealers over the border in Chester or Shrewsbury

@file28 Seems we’re pretty close. We quite often use Chester dealers as well. We have a car from Cheshire Oaks, Mercedes at the moment. 😁

I’m up for a change in the next few months and will certainly be looking there and also Llandudno Junction. Have you tried there? There’s quite a few dealerships together there which means you can view a number of marques on the same day. My X1 is from there. It’s a nice easy drive on the A55👍👍

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#114121 Reply

file28
    Participant

@BionicRusty                                                                                                                                                   thanks for the info we had a 3 series from haliwell jones in chester previously might take a trip to Llandudno when we are due to do so good excuse to get up the coast  and like you say cheshire oaks is only 25 mins for us

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)

#114143 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

I’m like a kid in a sweet shop when I go. 🤣😂

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#114147 Reply

file28
    Participant

shame the AP is so high on the i8 and not much room for the chair

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Dealerships scotland

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: