Dealer stock BMW 218 Gran Coupe M Sport

• Creator
    Topic
  • #166454 Reply
    Bigman

Hi all

I have been ringing all local dealers (Cambs) with a view to ordering the above from stock.   However I’m being told they are now all factory order.

Anyone who has a lead on any of the above currently in stock  would be much appreciated.  Manual or auto and colour not important

kind regards

michael

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #166459 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

You could check Autotrader, but if you’re looking to get it on Motability, be prepared for a dealer not being willing to sell it.

#166461 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

We’ve been offered in stock cars two days ago, but that would be VW, not BMW.

#166471 Reply
    Paul

Which vw,s were you offered  Rene?

#166510 Reply
    WardyGTC
    Participant

It’s very unusual for any dealer to allow in stock cars to go to Motability customers. The manufacturers and dealers have a completely different stock allocation system for Motability due to the low profit margin on our orders.

#166545 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Which vw,s were you offered Rene?

A Golf GTE and ID3, but neither were our spec (ID3, no Max), nor our chosen options (GTE, missing reversing camera).

Capitol VW in Merthyr Tydfil.

#166571 Reply
    Paul

Don’t soppose the Id3 you were offered was the tour by any slim  chance Rene…..

#166573 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

We don’t know what spec it was, but i can tell you it was neither Tour nor Max. I only asked whether or not it had the AR HUD, and it didn’t – both Max and Tour do have it.

I do talk to our salesman tomorrow (if he’s in) again because we’d like to drive the GTE again (was a slight problem on our first test drive – propulsion battery flat, so we didn’t really get an idea about mileage), i’ll double check.

Interestingly enough, they do have an ID3 “Business Pro” in the showroom too. Don’t even know what that one was lol.

#166584 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Hi all I have been ringing all local dealers (Cambs) with a view to ordering the above from stock. However I’m being told they are now all factory order. Anyone who has a lead on any of the above currently in stock would be much appreciated. Manual or auto and colour not important kind regards michael

Hi Bigman. Like most (if not all) premium manufacturers, BMW tends to manufacture all its cars to order, not speculatively, so those that don’t have a customer are destined for showrooms or as demonstrators. As others have said, they will be reluctant to let these cars go to Motability customers, especially in the current climate as it will take them an age to get a replacement.

Given your flexibility you might strike lucky with a cancelled order but, again, private customers will get priority if it’s a car that can be sold easily. Dealers get a £230 handling fee for Motability orders but the order also counts towards dealership, group and manufacturer bonus schemes, which can be significant, which is why they will always want to place a new factory order. If the car already exists (and has therefore already counted towards their bonus targets) , a sale to Motability would be worth just the £230 to them, whereas a private sale would generate much more profit. It’s not impossible, so definitely worth asking around, but unlikely I would think. Also, any car you find is likely to have a number of optional extras which you will have to pay for, even if you don’t want them.

One advantage of a factory order (other than getting the exact spec and colour you would prefer) is that you should be able to get £500 off the AP and a discount (circa 15%) off any factory options. My local BMW dealer wasn’t advertising any Motability discounts but was more than happy to offer this when I asked.

#166590 Reply
    Georgie

Apropos of nothing, the 2 series Gran Coupe is currently listed on the Motability vehicle search as an MPV.  Make of that what you will. 🙂

#166599 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Apropos of nothing, the 2 series Gran Coupe is currently listed on the Motability vehicle search as an MPV. Make of that what you will. 🙂

😂 That doesn’t surprise me Georgie. The Motability website search is hopeless. All the compact SUV’s that are available are classified incorrectly as ‘Large SUV’s’, but your example takes the biscuit 😂

#167256 Reply
    Big man

Well some good news . . . Managed to secure a cancelled order. . . M sport in white pick up first week of November!

#167261 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Well done BigMan. That’s brilliant news. Cancelled orders are absolute gold dust in the current climate. That’s how I got our X1 in less than 4 months. Thankfully it wasn’t built so I was able to change the spec to exactly what I wanted. With the incredibly long wait times that many people on this forum are experiencing (for most manufacturers, it seems) getting a new car is a huge relief. I won’t be worrying about changing until 2024 now and we surely have to hope that things will be back to normal in the car industry by then? As to what sort of Motability scheme we will be left with in 3 years time might be another matter!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Dealer stock BMW 218 Gran Coupe M Sport
Your information: