Day Trip to Bradford

• Creator
    Topic
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

Yesterday, we went on a day trip of 300 miles total, from Dumfries to Bradford and back.

As it happens at the 100 mile mark are some InstaVolt chargers at Booths at Kirkby Lonsdale. We topped up and continued to Bradford which I will talk about in a minute. Returning home we stopped at the same Booths and had a snack whilst the car recharged. And then headed north back to Dumfries. Essentially, we had three legs of 100 miles punctuated by two stops at the same Booths. The charge bays are incredibly narrow. On both our visits, there were other cars over the white demarcation lines for the bays, reducing the capacity. Booths is a great wee supermarket with excellent loo’s.

Back to Bradford, and I apologise to anyone living there, but as a visitor I was staggered by the bad driving, it was like the wild west. We were greeted by three helmetless lads on dirt bikes doing wheelies. A car overtook going up a road with traffic calming, go so fast all four wheels left the road. I stopped at ‘Keep Clear’ road marking for a junction. The Range Rover two cars back took exception, drove on the pavement and then blocked the junction. All in all it was not a nice place to drive.

We arrived home to find the Chinese food had been delivered and the day was rounded off with a couple of cans. The ID3 was great and public charging perfect.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Phaedra
      Participant

Bradford ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
        I have a friend who lives there, over the last 20 years or so her estate has turned from a nice community to a complete sh*t hole. Most of the houses in her street now have “families” with no regard for their neighbours, cr@p pilled up in the gardens, cars in various states of repair parked everywhere, bags of rubbish dumped on the footpaths.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

kezo
        Participant

Didn’t we have a lovely time the day we went to Bradford
          A beautiful day, we charged on the way and all for under a tenner you know
          But on the way back we sped so fast we didn’t look behind us
          Singing we’re coming home, to Dumfries & Galloway as the wheels went round
          Do you recall we didn’t understand a word they said in Bradford
          Then in the city centre we felt the aura of Bradford
          We had a cup of tea as we watched the cars go round the racetrack
          A beautiful day, we charged on the way and all for under a tenner you know
          we got back at 10pm you know, sat round the table and enjoyed a takeaway from China
          Dik whispered we should have had a lovely time the day we should have gone to Bangor

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by kezo.
          Phaedra
          Participant

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Jojoe
            Participant

Iโ€™ve drove past Bradford many times on the M62, last time I actually stopped was in the early nineties to visit the museum of photography.

DumfriesDik
              Participant

@kezo – brilliant! Just brilliant!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.