Daily Gas and electric cost in £ ??

• Creator
    Topic
  • #172248 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

My readout in my kitchen from my smart meter says I use an average of £2 to £2.50 total gas and electric in a day that’s with heating on most of day old 24 year old boiler not a combi ! S0 new boiler be much more economical ! Would love to know other people’s cost a day to see how it compares ? I’m with British Gas for gas and electric standard tariff and under the home warm scheme £180 off in winter

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #172254 Reply
    joss

I recently had a new combi boiler fitted. Its very efficient. However, still costly due to poor insulation. Solid brick walls. I don’t use a daily read out display so can’t offer a daily figure Mike.

By Home warm scheme do you mean Warm home grant? if so Its£140.00 I just got mine.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#172307 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Joss is your new combi boiler very quiet ? British Gas do home warm scheme just money off gas electric billin winter being disabled etc

#173096 Reply
    Georgie

Our monthly combined Gas and Electric bill is about to go up from £97 to £150.

#173102 Reply
    Brydo

Mike I’m sure there must be grants available to upgrade your boiler. One of my relatives got a complete new heating system for free.

As you know I am in Scotland but surely there must be similar grants down south.

#173103 Reply
    Brydo
    #173106 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Many thanks Brydo but I have savings the new boiler cost is no problem my brother in law is a builder and has plumbers working for him so I get it done a lot cheaper cash in hand etc my bill is around £70 a month but yes prices going up

#173107 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Our monthly combined Gas and Electric bill is about to go up from £97 to £150.

is that with British Gas like me ?

#173110 Reply
    Brydo

Ok Mike.

#173146 Reply
    joss

I am with OvO on duel fuel. 2 year tariff. I still have15 months left. I pay a total of £118 a month on DD.

So pleased I took the 2 year fixed contract. The £118 I pay more than covers my bills, in fact I am currently £500 in credit. As a long term customer of OVO that credit earns me 5% interest. More than any Bank pays at the moment.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#174000 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

I am with OvO on duel fuel. 2 year tariff. I still have15 months left. I pay a total of £118 a month on DD. So pleased I took the 2 year fixed contract.

Stop it!! I did the one year deal and it ends this month. Dreading it. I have bumped my DD up to £200 in readiness. I have never known a price hike like it – even the comparison sites can’t help.

I replaced an old cast iron boiler some years ago and the new balanced flue is much better. And that was replaced FOC about 3 years ago now. It is a bit noisier. The new boilers are so very small, I have gained an extra cupboard if that is important to you.

Mazda CX5 is my DD
    VW ID3 Max on order 5 Nov 21

#174268 Reply
    Daf

DumfriesDik

know what you mean I am coming off a fixed rate with Octopus in March and have just put the DD up to £180 from £140. I’m lucky I can afford it but am really concerned for those that can’t.

They should impose a windfall tax on the energy suppliers and investigate why this Country was so badly prepared in terms of stored reserves ( Boris and co’s ears must be burning)!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Daily Gas and electric cost in £ ??
Your information: