Crash for cash areas

• Creator
    Topic
  • #147874 Reply
    Leslie Ingley

I’m one of those unfortunate people to live high crash for  cash area  do anyone think Motability would help with the installation cost of a dash camera  as I live in the one of top 3 areas in the county I don’t like the look of wire trail over the dashboard

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #147887 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I very much doubt it, you can easily tuck the wiring behind the dash and door rubber.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#147915 Reply
    Leslie Ingley

You was Totally right just got to hope I’m not a victim

#147936 Reply
    joss

Price of dash cams are really quite cheap to buy now. Just buy one and plug into accessory socket.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#147938 Reply
    ajn

@Joss

When you say quite cheap Joss, what sort of cam is good value, would you have an example please.

(forgive my lack of knowledge on this)

I wouldn’t mind getting one but not really sure which one to get without going over board spending to much, also don’t want it so massive it looks nasty 😂🤣..

🌻

#147939 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I brought a Nextbase 422GW + the rear dashcam on offer and a Samsung 126 GB Mirco SD card from Argos when it was on offer, it can with all the fitting kit tools, a doodle to fit even for me. Excellent bit of kit with good night time recording, far better than my old redundant Transcend PRO 220 with it 32 GB SD card

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#147949 Reply
    ajn

🤣😂😳

#147960 Reply
    Richard

I think you have to be careful just saying they’re quite cheap without qualifying it, there are some terrible dashcams out there at all kinds of prices even reputable brands.

My advice would be take a one month trial membership of Which & check out their reviews. Also other online motoring forums have probably reviewed them too.

#147962 Reply
    Noel
    Participant

Ive had 2 people crash into me in my previous car and it was questionable who was at fault until i sent in the videos, so the £99 512 nextbase saved me so much hassle and wouldn’t drive any car without one now.

Picture is so clear and it records GPS and speed too

#147988 Reply
    joss

@Joss When you say quite cheap Joss, what sort of cam is good value, would you have an example please. (forgive my lack of knowledge on this) I wouldn’t mind getting one but not really sure which one to get without going over board spending to much, also don’t want it so massive it looks nasty 😂🤣.. 🌻

Just a quick look at Halfords here gives a good idea of price ranges. Cheapest around £54.00

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Crash for cash areas
Your information: