Could Prime Minister Boris Johnson break up the UK? Mark 2

This topic contains 445 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  POPS 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Brydo

As fwippers said we need a new thread and here it is.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 445 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Wigwam
    Participant

John McDonnell says he and Corbyn would stand down if Labour lose election.

What better incentive to vote for someone else?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Wigwam.

Brydo

Pops it is clear the Brexiteers will stop at nothing to get what they want, no matter the cost.

I don’t recall a single post from the Brexiteers on this thread, except maybe mike 700, that praised anything coming from the remain camp. In fact anything that doesn’t sit well is project fear even when it comes from the government!!!!!!!!

Wigwam
    Participant

Brydo, do you think if the majority of people voted to remain, that those who voted leave would spend three years harping on about the result and doing everything they could to overturn it?  Or would they accept the result, for what it was, a democratic decision of the people, the same as your side did after the Scottish independence vote?

Brydo

A sniff of a deal and the ftse 250 is up 3.4% in one day. Anyone who thinks leaving with no deal will be “fine” are deluded.

Wigwam if the vote had gone the other way we would not be talking about it. The same as no one spoke about it before the Tories started tearing themselves apart and as a last resort held a referendum.

Virtually every business wants to remain in the Eu, why, because they know they can make money and grow their business. On question time the other night Theo Paphitis, a dragon on dragons den admitted he voted to leave and now, after he’s seen what leaving really means, he wants to stay.

Give is another vote, if Brexiteers are so convinced leaving is the right thing for the country then let’s see what the feeling is now THREE AND A HALF YEARS LATER.

Wigwam
    Participant

Well, isn’t that just the EU’s declared strategy?  Make it too hard and get them to change their mind?  You don’t work for Brussels, do you?  Every time a country rejected an EU treaty it was told to try again!

joss
    Participant

Well said Brydo. 3 and a half years is a long time. I believe a new peoples vote is right and proper. So much has come to light that people must be given a fresh vote.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Wigwam
    Participant

Here’s a thought. Why don’t we implement the vote we had and leave?  Then if it’s as bad as remainers expect, we can have another vote to rejoin.

joss
    Participant

Wigwam your caught in a loop.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Brydo

Wigwam that would be silly wouldn’t it. Let’s have another vote and see what transpires.

leave with no deal

versus

Remain

You won’t want that of course as you know if you tell the truth, that you want a no deal Brexit, the public will reject it. You want a no deal Brexit by the back door.

lets do it, then we can have an election to sort out all the other stuff that requires attention.

Wigwam
    Participant

Remain already lost the argument.

Brydo

I don’t see any evidence of that wigwam, it’s not over till the fat lady sings.

I can tell by your posts you are starting to get worried, you thought BJ was your black night in dull armour but he is turning out to a bad copy of Mrs May. Kissing the Irish Taoiseach back side like a lackey.

Wigwam
    Participant

I think, Brydo, if you look back to my previous posts you’ll find my cynicism has a broad reach. And I take no notice of tittle-tattle.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Wigwam.

Wigwam
    Participant

Seems such a long time since last March 29th but history never forgets:

Brydo

Beginning to look like BJ has sold the DUP down the river. If you trust BJ then that’s what you get.

On the plus side the ERG are saying they can support his deal. That combined with support from others COULD ensure a deal can be agreed.

Mike 700
    Participant

EU 27 give green light for ‘tunnel ‘ negotiations!

There is light at the end of the ‘tunnel’

One for Brydo ‘tunnel vision’ ???

Enjoy your hols.

I’m in Torquay for 4 nights and just been down to Newquay and back – piddling down all day, but a great lunch.

fwippers
    Participant

Talks now continuing apace as the reality of no deal hits home hard. Will we see a deal? And an election? is it more hot air? I am going to predict parliament will approve a deal a week on Saturday, then a general election.

Brydo

Well well fwippers we agree, who would have thought it lol.

At this minute in time it seems the likely outcome.

I wouldn’t put my house on it though.

Wigwam
    Participant

Alternatively, there will be no agreement and on the 31st we leave or Johnson resigns.

fwippers
    Participant

Has Boris played a blinder, blindsided the EU or is going in blind? The stakes are so high the EU cannot afford to come back without concessions.

Brydo

How about we don’t leave and BJ resigns.

fwippers BJ is no mastermind he is blundering from one cock up to the next. He knows he is running out of time and excuses and he is doing all he can to come out of this with some credibility. What he is doing now is trying to take the credit for Mrs May’s deal offering it up as his own.

Wigwam
    Participant

It’s remarkable, Brydo, your insight into Johnson’s thinking. No one else has a clue what he’s doing.

Brydo

Haha wigwam purely guess work god forbid I ever know what’s going on in his head.

Philjb

Boris has a habit of bumbling through his political career and getting way with back tracking, lying and making a lot of people furious. So just like every other career politician then.

when I started work my whole family were labour voters through good times and bad, then after owning a business soon realised a labour government was big mistake if you wanted to grow your business, I still think the same, but I don’t think I could vote for BJ now.
    Id rather see Mrs May back as pm and that’s as likely as seeing Corbin in no 10 thank good.

If BJ can leave with a deal I honestly think he will win the next general election, after all as the referendum showed the older generation are most likely to go out and vote, as more of them take a real interest in politics and remember how terrible previous labour governments have been.
    As a disabled person I would feel happier with labour in charge, but I don’t want to see my kids go through 50% or higher income tax and the private school my daughter is the head teacher of shut down.
    I just pray the conservatives leave the NHS alone in any future  American trade deals.

Bri who would you trust to be the next PM and why, also what if a revised mrs mays deal is the best on offer, would you be happy with it. Given that the country might then actually move on?

Brydo

I, like yourself Phil, think Mrs May would have made a very decent PM. She appeared to me as someone who put the country before her own ambitions and tried to get a deal that would bring the country together. She was also on the left side of the Tory party and, I think had an agenda that would have helped the less fortunate in this country.

Although I am a centre/left voter I am very pro business. Business is the only way to generate the funds required to look after those who need the most help. I also believe in taxing as little as we need to and driving efficiencies through government departments and local government. I would like to see basic tax level increased substantially as work should ALWAYS pay more than benefits.

I believe we should encourage start up businesses financially and with any other help we can. Bankruptcy is never good but should not be seen as failure nor should it be used to stop anyone trying again, unless there were  financial irregularities.

fwippers
    Participant

Suppose a deal “is agreed” between UK & EU but the EU adds its a take it or leave it offer, no extension. What would MP’s do? Vote for it?  Risk trying to revoke A50, virtually impossible given the timescale? Just reject it?  I think any deal which is acceptable to the government ( and therefore by definition the ERG and most Tories) will pass as there would be no time for any alternatives and MP’s voting against it would be seen as anti democratic. Perhaps some MP’s would abstain? If a deal passes then I expect an election to follow swiftly.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 445 total)

The topic ‘Could Prime Minister Boris Johnson break up the UK? Mark 2’ is closed to new replies.