Cost Of Solar Panels

• Creator
    Topic
  • #188981 Reply
    Jojoe
    Participant

We’re thinking of getting solar panels, the roof is south facing and probably perfect for them. I’ve seen a 6 panel system for around £6500 with Eon, you can add a battery for around £2500. I’m thinking we could get 8 or 9 panels on the roof.

Anyone got any ideas as to cost? I like the idea of buying from a reputable company like Eon.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #188984 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car
    #188987 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

JoJoe that seems a bit expensive for six panels. The going rate up here in central scotland is £6500 for a 4Kw system. 6 panels would give circa 2.1 Kw system.

There are ways round it but solar panels are always best in even numbers (things may have changed as im a bit out of the loop) so 8 No. 350 watt panels would give you 2.8Kw system.

These are saome costs i found online.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#188991 Reply
    Jojoe
    Participant

Brydo,

I did read most of the cost was the installation and you could add extra panels for not too much more. I’d be happy paying a little more to go with a very well known company, plus I can always try and get a deal from them.

Cheers

Jojoe

#188994 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

@Jojoe it is worth remembering your electricity supplier is likely to take a cut and maybe worth contacting a MCS accredited company directly for a quote. The rule of the thumb is the further south you live the higher price the system will be. Price also varies by brand and whether you have chosen or quoted for panels with the highest conversion rate.

#189015 Reply
    Jojoe
    Participant

kezoParticipant

@Jojoe
    it is worth remembering your electricity supplier is likely to take a cut and maybe worth contacting a MCS accredited company directly for a quote. The rule of the thumb is the further south you live the higher price the system will be. Price also varies by brand and whether you have chosen or quoted for panels with the highest conversion rate.

@Kezo
    Cheers the MCS bit is useful, I checked my local area but they all seemed to be for commercial installations. I’ll have to do a bit more research.

#189019 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

@Joejoe try searching Domestic MCS accredited solar panel installers in your area.

#189056 Reply
    Jojoe
    Participant

I’ve just double checked the Eon site, they have a cost calculator, a six panel 2.3kw system is £4000 or £7300 with a battery. The maths on their site doesn’t seem quite right as it £4000 for 6 or £6200 for 8 panels, seems like they are over charging for additional panels. There’s no way it costs an extra £2200 for 2 panels.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Cost Of Solar Panels
Your information: