Coronavirus

• Creator
    Topic
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

There is a lot of knowledge amongst us, I exclude myself.

The COVID 19 is dominating the news:

How worried should we be?

Will this be Spanish flu proportions or just another contained outbreak as SARS and MERS were?

Oh – and when will we start to see ‘Just in time’ manufacturing suffer?

Viewing 20 replies - 1,401 through 1,420 (of 1,420 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      fwippers
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Like you Joss I have had my 2nd Jab and I shall continue shielding not least because my wife has another 3 weeks or so before her 2nd Jab.  I usually read the papers on the BBC website but I am going to stop. It’s a bit like politics.  One story and widely differing opinions and predictions. As I mentioned earlier in this thread I will adopt a 4,5 or 6 stage plan, of gradual re-integration whilst regularly keeping up yo date with the latest news from “reliable sources. For the millions who have shielded and indeed those who have followed something akin to this it will not be a matter of just flicking a switch. One of the newspapers predicts a return to normality as soon as June but this is the same newspaper which has predicted heatwaves and left the public dissapointed 9 times out of 10.</p>

Richy
        Participant

I was going to book manorca for a holiday in October, as a relative left me a little bit of money , enough to cover the holiday anyway, but with the having to pay for tests, and the danger of testing positive and being stuck out there for another ten days, we just cannot afford it, or to be honest the risk of catching any vaccine dodging variants , so instead we’re going to spoil our kids with clothes shopping, spoil my wife, and maybe myself a little

fwippers
          Participant

I am looking forward to a proper meal out, mains and desserts with coffee at our favourite american  restaurant, wont say its name but has a big yellow sign, an upside down W. In all seriousness, anyone booking a holiday is taking a huge risk with the prospect of quarantine, testing positive on arrival departure etc. We will certainly be sticking to the UK again this year.

Richy
            Participant

Same as me @fwippers , I’m going to go camping in August hopefully, we do ha e cancellation cover, I have a nice new airbeam tent, (saves so many arguments with my wife from putting up frame tents) and easy as anything to put up for her. With the boot on either the qashqui or hopefully the grandland add our massive roof box and we’re all set! We are going with 7 of us , 5 in the car and my older two are catching the train down, I was brought up camping and honestly prefer it over abroad . Just hoping lockdown does ease and we can go

ajn

Hello again, I had both jabs, phizer weeks back, Mrs ajn had her 1st waiting on the 2nd..

Been shielding right through as advised..

However we had a week away, West Wales travelled around mainly driving and avoiding crowds, short strolls along wide beeches, lots of through the window scenery..

Must admit the vaccine has given a bit more confidence for us..

wmcforum
                Which Mobility Car

Sat in car after have had second jab. I’m proud of myself. I did not run away, cry, scream or pass out. When did I become this person I hardly recognise?

mitch
                  Participant

just had the call for my 2nd jab on the 8th of may.

still not been anywhere anyway and wont be taking any chances even after the 8th.

some neighbours near me are setting up gazeboes for a family party when restrictions end.

shes got a voice like a foghorn so the other day when out gardening i got all the gory details as to which gazebo is to go where and whos coming and whos a pain and who they have to keep away from who.

i think it was her poor neighbour who was being ordered about putting up these gazeboes. i reckon shes going to be dispointed if we get a windy day between now and then lol.

joss

Sat in car after have had second jab. I’m proud of myself. I did not run away, cry, scream or pass out. When did I become this person I hardly recognise?

So does this mean that you are no longer scared of little pricks then.💉

Joss
                      Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

ajn

Saddening News for India..

Just seems total mayhem.

🌻

fwippers
                        Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>A cautious approach is the best way forward. Over 30 years ago we purchased a couple of smoke detectors to the astonishment of friends and family. A few months later a faulty fridge freezer started a fire which caused tens of thousands pounds of damage but the detectors woke me up and saved all our lives. I adopt a similar ” belt and braces” approach to  Covid.</p>

wmcforum
                          Which Mobility Car

Just stumbled across this global vaccine tracker. India have issued 147 million vaccines. Thank goodness.

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker/?areas=gbr&areas=isr&areas=usa&areas=eue&cumulative=1&populationAdjusted=1

fwippers
                            Participant

Big decision coming up on overseas travel. Around 90%+ of the comments and articles suggest current restrictions should continue to negate the risk of importing a new variant/s. As someone who doesn’t travel overseas and therefore no vested interest I am with the 90%+, albeit the beaches here will be busier.

Rich

Had my second jab just over two weeks ago, it was the Pfizer one, made me feel a little flu ISH for a few days, so happy having decent protection.

Mrs Rich has her second jab tomorrow, hers is the Oxford one, first one she had made her quite poorly for five days, hoping this second one doesn’t effect her too much. Had to have my eldest daughter here for those five days to take care of me as I need a constant carer, and she had to look after my wife too, she was so tired bless her.

Can’t wait to see my parents again soon, they had their second jabs over four weeks ago now, so have invited us round in a few weeks for dinner!!

wmcforum
                                Which Mobility Car

Rich,

As with Mrs Rich, I suffered bad side effects to my first Oxford jab, but nothing at all with the second one. Hopefully Mrs Rich will be the same.

ajn

Have the whole of the UK now lifted shielding restrictions and travel restrictions..

wmcforum
                                    Which Mobility Car

I think we can all agree that the past 18 months have been a difficult period. Personally I’ve been through shielding, home schooling and even Joe Wicks in the morning. The last few months have been a very fast turnaround into normality, I’ve even stopped wearing a mask into shops, been to stadiums for rugby and football matches, on trains and even eaten out. Is this the end now? Is this what the end of a global pandemic looks like? Part of me gets worried when there are 45000 cases a day, 7000 people in hospital and 972 deaths last week with covid on the death certificate. I recently went to watch my daughter perform in a gymnastics tournament, there were two people in the whole audience wearing masks, one a doctor and one a nurse. From today I am putting my mask back on and being more aware of physical distancing.

Brydo
                                      Participant

I still wear a mask wmc whenever im in close proximity to strangers and in ALL shops. Just waiting for an appointment for my Flu and top up jabs. The older members of my family have already had theirs so thankful for that.

The virus hasn’t gone anywhere and this winter will show exactly where we are. I have my fingers crossed that it turns into a minor cold type virus but not holding my breathe.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
                                        Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Daf

I agree with you both. COVID has not gone away and I still wear a mask and use anti viral gels wherever I go. The Delta virus seems adept at attacking children and those that are unvaccinated but there have also been cases where fully vaccinated people have been affected.

I would advise everyone to continue taking precautions as this virus hasn’t finished with us just yet.

fwippers
                                          Participant

Like others I have been a bit more a adventurous, but always maintain social distancing and wear a mask. The figures are now heading in the wrong direction again, and I think its likely, more than 50/50, masks will be compulsory again this winter.

joss

I have not stopped wearing my mask when going into shops etc, sometimes I am the only one wear a mask. To be fare I don’t go to any events. I am just too high risk medically to risk it. So affectedly I am still shielding. Despite another letter from Savid Javid this morning telling me I should no longer shield.

Joss
                                              Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Viewing 20 replies - 1,401 through 1,420 (of 1,420 total)
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.