Coronavirus

• Creator
    Topic
  • #108156 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

There is a lot of knowledge amongst us, I exclude myself.

The COVID 19 is dominating the news:

How worried should we be?

Will this be Spanish flu proportions or just another contained outbreak as SARS and MERS were?

Oh – and when will we start to see ‘Just in time’ manufacturing suffer?

Viewing 25 replies - 1,326 through 1,350 (of 1,413 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #143189 Reply
    Daf

What you should do is stop being an advocate for conspiracy theorists. There is no empirical evidence that masks don’t work. None at all. On the other hand there is plenty of empirical evidence to show that they do work.

You sound more like Trump every day, and just in case you are in any doubt that’s not a compliment. People reading your posts like Daveblue are being influenced to doubt the efficacy not just of masks but vaccinations as well.

I wouldn’t want that on my conscience but it obviously doesn’t matter to you.

#143190 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I’m really not in the mood for your nonsense Daf, just drop it please.

#143191 Reply
    Daf

I will when you stop spreading dangerous unsubstantiated conspiracy theories in the guise of free speech.

#143192 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

My GP did not argue with my reasoning.

Your GP probably realises, like we do, there is little point. Best use of time is spent healing the sick.

Put it perfectly, sadly some people just seem to want to be controversial, like you, I wear a mask and had the vaccine to hopefully help others and start getting back to some form of normality. I do (surprise) slightly agree with Wigwam, in that the current measures have been rushed and maybe in the future we might look back and have done things differently, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.  Looking at the new wave of infection and lockdown in Europe, I think, the path the UK government is taking us, and most people are happily following is the best course we can take right now. THANK god we didn’t have Trump in charge or Wigwam 😉

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#143193 Reply
    Kevin

Get the Jab,protect your family,friends and all Dorset,death toll came down for your area in the last 3 weeks only because people went for vaccine, dont worry,if you are scared,i am sure your wife will come with you to hold your hand,or do you throw your dummy out of the pram with her as well

#143194 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

Kevin, you are welcome to your view and you should make decisions about your life. You speak as if people are dropping dead in the streets. I don’t think such comments are helpful. Ajn asked a question and I answered it.

I think the truth is from Yeadon 1 in 100 will get corvid.

#143196 Reply
    ajn

I must admit I do feel in a better frame of mind since now having both jabs.

I was kept upto date by 1st a phone call, followed by text message reminders, and letters too..

A phone number was supplied to ring if for some reason I couldn’t make it, or if I simply didn’t want it..

I feel I have done the right thing for not only myself but the people around me, the whole process has been straight forward..

Do I regret having it NO I don’t, would I want to put others in danger for the sake of not having it again NO I wouldn’t.

Do I love my family and do anything to protect them, YES I do and will..

#143200 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

DaveBlue, Yeadon seems to have been discredited so many times in that article you posted, remember the problems caused and still being caused when bad science is accepted as fact, Andrew Wakefield published the article linking Autism to MMR and was later proved to be totally fraudulent, but has caused measles to become a killer virus again, thanks to people becoming nervous about dodgy science.

It’s up to you to do your own due diligence as to the risks and advantages of being vaccinated against Covid, in the end we live in a free country, but you just have to see the different paths the UK and Europe has followed recently, we look to be coming out of this pandemic, while the rest of Europe is spiralling deeper into it.

Think of where you want to be, but try and make your decisions based on those that have at least been showing positive signs of progress.  Whether wearing masks, lockdown and the vaccine has started to kill off the pandemic in this country could be open to lots of views, but when you compare us to other countries with similar economic and cultural climates to our own, at least from the layman’s point of view, I’d hope that the signs of the best way forward are obvious.

I hope you have the vaccine, but in the end, that’s up to you, and I wish you well whichever path you follow

Previous Motability Cars

#143201 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Well said AJN

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#143203 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

RichardW, because in my view it’s an unnecessary medical intervention. I live in Dorset, the infection rate last week was 0.033 percent, the death rate was zero.

Fortunately your views are those of the minority, thankfully.

#143206 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I’ve already said (2 hours ago) I’m not interested in your opinion or anyone elses. I merely answered ajn’s question.  I have  been reminded today about the intolerance of some posters on here of dissenting views.  Now for the last time, leave it, please.

#143210 Reply
    Daf

Wigwam as memorably put in the film Knight’s Tale :-

“You have been weighed, you have been measured and you have been found wanting”

Just like Trump!

Good evening to you

#143213 Reply
    joss

This thread is becoming so boring and repetitive.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#143215 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

Well with all due respect, as you are so keen to keep telling us, if you aren’t interested in it, don’t read it!

Previous Motability Cars

#143216 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I have twice tried to bring it to an end but certain people just can’t.

#143218 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Can we please move on now.

#143220 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

I have twice tried to bring it to an end but certain people just can’t.

Well said wig.

#143221 Reply
    joss

Well with all due respect, as you are so keen to keep telling us, if you aren’t interested in it, don’t read it!

Well as a Mod, it’s part of my job. Other wise I would not be anywhere near this thread.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#143222 Reply
    Daf

Joss and wmcforum you are correct it is time to move on.

But I have to say if there are examples of misinformation and outright lies being regurgitated about a subject as important as Covid, I feel it my duty to call it out.

Have a good evening all.

#143223 Reply
    joss

Daf I share your sentiments.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#143225 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

Well as a Mod, it’s part of my job. Other wise I would not be anywhere near this thread.

Touche, and likewise, but I have similar views to Daf, but yes, back to cars 🙂

Previous Motability Cars

#143226 Reply
    ajn

So is anyone not having/handing their invite to the vaccine back…🥴

#143227 Reply
    ajn

Joking

Relax..👍

#143256 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

This is a thread for people who want to read about or discuss the Corona Virus. I occasionally post items here because I think they are interesting and often give information that is not in the mainstream media. They often challenge the orthodoxy and it’s no bad thing if they stimulate debate.

I do not expect to be personally attacked for posting here. I am not here to defend the articles I post and should not be personally attacked on the basis of what they say merely because some people here don’t agree with their content.  I expect the moderators here to step in when that happens.

Having said all that, I find the following of interest and some here might find it so too.  If you are one of the people who habitually attack and insult me on here, don’t expect me to respond to anything you post on this subject.

The data is clear: the Government must move the lockdown roadmap forward

#143258 Reply
    ajn

Discussing the jab with my Daughter on the phone, I explained how more relaxed I was having my 1 st at the Hospital, rather than the 2 nd in a fitness hall…

My reason being it just felt more professional at the hospital..

Maybe no difference what’s so ever, just my point of view..

It just felt like going to a registered qualified  Garage rather than a back street not mainstream unregistered Garage for crash repair work I guess..

However all seems great anyway, so Thanks NHS for easing my mind throughout the whole process…

Viewing 25 replies - 1,326 through 1,350 (of 1,413 total)
Reply To: Coronavirus
Your information: