Coronavirus

• Creator
    Topic
  • #108156 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

There is a lot of knowledge amongst us, I exclude myself.

The COVID 19 is dominating the news:

How worried should we be?

Will this be Spanish flu proportions or just another contained outbreak as SARS and MERS were?

Oh – and when will we start to see ‘Just in time’ manufacturing suffer?

Viewing 25 replies - 1,226 through 1,250 (of 1,281 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #138730 Reply
    Jones90

Synge itz knot orite 4 sam1 2 hilite peepls gramar, nan of u der and sey anithin abaut my spellin.

#138733 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Oh, I got my reasonable comments on this matter deleted by the moderators…  Go carefully, Jones90, it’s a minefield of woke out there. And saying that will no doubt get this deleted as well.

#138751 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

WW and others can I refer you to this previous thread:

Change to Forum

#139550 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I do wonder when “normal holidays ” will return? This year, next year or next decade? Possibly a good few years yet if you read between the lines.

#139567 Reply
    72 dudes

I hope you are wrong Fwippers, but sadly I think it may be a couple of years before overseas holidays get back to normal

I run a local cat sitting business which of course relies on people going away on holiday or for business.

Six years of building it up, followed by devistation last year.

I have a full diary for the summer months this year and I think most customers have booked in the UK, but I’m sure there’ll still be more cancellations to come.

Fortunately as mentioned in previous posts I work 12 hours per week in a petrol station, so the wolf isn’t at the door yet! (Mrs 72 dudes is the Motability customer)

#139590 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Although we do not take overseas holidays, I hope I am wrong. The problem is with other mutations happening all the time, the risk people take is the possibility of a short cancellation, high insurance premiums and the possibility of some sort of quarantine, and the associated costs. A friend in the travel industry things 2025 could see something like normality. The upside is a demand for UK holidays but higher prices too. I recall many moons ago, a week in Fuerteventura for 5 was cheaper than 4 nights at center parks in November!

#140001 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

just had the surgery on to offer the jab on thursday 11.36 in clowne.

not bad i thought it would be a while yet. i am 61

#140003 Reply
    joss

Nice one mitch.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#140006 Reply
    Brydo

Your the same age as me Mitch, hope mine comes soon. Where are you based?

#140007 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

renishaw derbyshire

#140010 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Looks like you are a fair bit ahead of us in Scotland.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#140011 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

The strange thing is Mitch they say each country has been given the same amount of vaccine proportionally. We have just completed our over 70`s and have now had to cut back due to a lack of available vaccines. They say the programme won’t get back up to speed for a week or two which would put us even further behind yourselves.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by Brydo.

#140013 Reply
    Mike11

Surgery phoned me today I’m having my vaccine a week on Wednesday 24th Feb at 11am I’m 55 on March 11th

#140014 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Somethings not right somewhere, but great news Mike.

#140019 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant
    #140020 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Seems reasonable i’m sure if we were not getting our fair share M’s Sturgeon would be “doing her nut”

#140022 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

my sisters a volunteer jabber in mansfield notts, she was given one of the leftovers from people not turning up shes younger than me so has in a way jumped the queue a bit.

#140025 Reply
    Mike Cooper

The wife got a text to attend gp’s on Friday for covid jab.She’s 58 and had chemo recently for lymphoma.We are in Bristol.

#140045 Reply
    Matt t

I had my jab on Saturday, I was surprised when I received the text as I’m only 47, I was diagnosed 2 years ago with type 1 diabetes and have had several operations since a hit and run 4 years ago. I was grateful for the call up.

#140177 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Another mutation has been discovered here in the UK,  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56082573

Looks like we shall have remain cautious and be alert for some time yet and it is, according to a source in the medical profession, looking increasing unlikely foreign holidays will happen for some considerable time.

#140178 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I’d be surprised if there weren’t mutations. It’s what viruses do.  The question is, is it more risky or less risky for people to catch.

#140223 Reply
    Clipped wings

Letter to clinically extremely vulnerable received via email this evening.
    shield until March 31 – fine by me after nearly a year.
    have your jab – wife did today- followed by:

“The vaccine is likely to make an important contribution to protecting you  from COVID” – “is likely”, not ”will” from mr Handcock

“Even if you have had both doses of the vaccine, you should continue to follow this shielding guidance as we continue to assess the impact of vaccination among all groups”- so you still don’t actually know then, 16 million doses later and less than 600,000 second jabs administered  – confidence inspiring letter, imho.

#140240 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

CW – purpose of the communication seems to reflect the national policy in dealing with pandemic: make sure neither government nor NHS can get the blame, for anything.

#140463 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

all jabbed, 1/2 an hour doorstep to doorstep very efficient.

#140507 Reply
    joss

Nice one mitch. what age group was that for if I may ask?

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 25 replies - 1,226 through 1,250 (of 1,281 total)
Reply To: Coronavirus
Your information: