Congestion charge motorbility car

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi,

Anyone here been to Central London in their Mobility car?

As I understand it a car from motorbility is classed as disabled car tax classification.
      Therefore you don’t even need to register the car with TFL to get the exemption and don’t pay the £10 registration fee. You can basically just drive in and out without doing anything.

Is this  correct?

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Effkay

Yes from my understanding that is correct. I’ve never paid and I’m there quite often.

gothitjulie
        Participant

Yes, congestion charge exemption gets picked up from the taxation class “disabled”, also happens with Dartford Crossing.

cb2011
          Participant

Exemptions
            You don’t have to pay the Congestion Charge or register with us if the vehicle is recorded at the DVLA in one of these categories:

Two-wheeled motorbikes (and sidecars) and mopeds
            Emergency service vehicles, such as ambulances and fire engines, which have a taxation class of ‘ambulance’ or ‘fire engine’ on the date of travel
            NHS vehicles that are exempt from vehicle tax
            Vehicles used by disabled people that are exempt from vehicle tax and have a ‘disabled’ taxation class
            Vehicles for more than one disabled person (for example Dial-a-Ride) that are exempt from vehicle tax and have a ‘disabled’ taxation class
            This information will be on your vehicle’s V5C (logbook). If you are unsure then please contact us.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge/discounts-and-exemptions

Philjb

I live in London and yes you are exempt from charges and if your car is the latest euro 6.2 emissions rated, you don’t pay in the new low emissions zone either.

Or as said the Dartford crossing on the M25 is also free.

Kelli

Can someone help me with some advice, my mobility car was in for repair and I have never paid a congestion charge I now have had a congestion charge notice from a hire car I was using that I didnt know i had to register and the hire company have paid it plus adding on an administration cost dont know what to do ? Any help would be appreciated 🙏

TheSUVGuy

Hi Kelli, that’s happened to me before, I was told I’d be able to use congestion zone by eurocar which was a lie, got a ticket, eurocar sent it over, they then told me to send them my blue badge, which was sent to tfl and the fine was removed

Sonny

We have a TFL Road User Account and have added my wife’s car to our account along with mine.

I uploaded my mom’s blue badge to the account. If I ever have to take my mom to hospital in central London, we shouldn’t get charged the CC. We have never had to go into London however, because we always request the hospital ‘branch’ that’s outside of London.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.