Coming soon to Motability? The new Ford Puma 7-speed automatic…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  solent60 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #119071 Reply

solent60
    Participant

I see on Ford’s website that you can now order the new Puma in automatic guise. The auto version can’t be had as a mild hybrid in automatic as it’s just a normal 7-speed auto. What’s more, you can only have the 125 engine and not the more powerful 155 in auto. Price difference between manual & auto is about £1,800 for all versions.

Sooo… I’m assuming the new Puma, which I really like the look of, will shortly be on the Motability list? Having to have the auto version of a car is a bit of a drag for most of us to say the least… but let’s hope Ford don’t put too high an advance payment on it. I really like the look/size of this car and it’s getting very good reviews indeed from the motoring Press. I’ve seen a few around the roads of South Hampshire now & it’s on my shortlist for a couple of months time… providing the AP isn’t too stupid!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #119083 Reply

Bandit
    Participant

I like the look of the Puma. However, I fail to see why a 7 speed auto means it can’t be a mild hybrid?

#119099 Reply

simpleman

Nice looking car but under powered.

#119121 Reply

Menorca Mike

I agree bandit the new Seat Leon FR hybrid has a 7 speed dsg gearbox and at £995  Very nice

#119137 Reply

solent60
    Participant

I like the look of the Puma. However, I fail to see why a 7 speed auto means it can’t be a mild hybrid?

Those were my initial thoughts Bandit. I don’t know yet as it’s too early and I haven’t been to see one or read about the auto version online yet – but it would appear that Ford have hurried an auto version to market without much thought and just to entice would-be buyers away from other car manufacturer’s.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Coming soon to Motability? The new Ford Puma 7-speed automatic…

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: