Colour and cars

• Creator
    Topic
  • #159016 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

Do some colour’s suit different shapes better than others, I know it’s all in the eye of the beholder and all that.

I’m not a fan of red but in some cases I quite like it, the new Citroën C4 looks fab in red as does the Audi  A3 salon.

My own x1 looks better in white IMHO than a darker colour like black.

Just wondering what you guys think 🤔 for different cars shapes.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #159017 Reply
    struth
    Participant

my chr is nice in pearllescent white. i like white although its a lot of work, like black both being opposite ends of spectrum.  Grey is most popukar

#159021 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Quite like red. Preferably on a coupe with two doors and 200bhp to the tonne. Overall though I really do not care about colour. I’m inside the car and can barely see it after all. I still have to choose colour carefully though because Mrs T has a loathing of yellow, brown and something else which I have to check!

#159022 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

I had a volvo V40 r design in rebel blue and I loved it but the wife hated it. Every time she walked up to it she’d moan, not that it takes a lot for her to moan.

#159023 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

A red coupe you say. Tharg, with 2 doors and 200bhp to the tonne?

#159029 Reply
    joss

I love the “Mineral white metallic” on my X2 sport almost like pearlescent. Black is awful as is Rust and Gold.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#159039 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Wigwam… Ooooooh! Yup. That’s the sort of thing 😊

#159330 Reply
    John

I tend to alternate between Silver and Dark Blue, I  would like a car in dark Green (British racing Green) but most cars these days don’t offer any green coloured cars. Most manufacturers seem to offer several shades of Grey / Silver. I have a car on order, which I have gone for a complete change and have gone for a dark red.

#159406 Reply
    Georgie

I also like green cars.  The only green cars I know about available on Motab. are BRG Minis and the Audi Q2, which comes in a light ‘Apple’ green.

#159423 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Do some colour’s suit different shapes better than others, I know it’s all in the eye of the beholder and all that. I’m not a fan of red but in some cases I quite like it, the new Citroën C4 looks fab in red as does the Audi A3 salon. My own x1 looks better in white IMHO than a darker colour like black. Just wondering what you guys think 🤔 for different cars shapes.

I think that choice of colour can really make a car, but it can also ruin it. However, it’s an entirely subjective topic, as what looks good to one person looks horrible to another. Over the last few months alone I have seen some stunning cars (Bentley, Aston Martin, Porsche etc) that, IMO, have been absolutely ruined by poor colour choice. However, the owners who splashed out well over £100k for these cars must think that they look the dogs dangly bits.

My wife and I have quite different tastes in many things but we are quite aligned when it comes to car colours. We feel that black cars can look gorgeous when clean but never stay like it and are totally impractical as a result (we have learned from experience). White only used to suit small to medium family cars but now it’s a hugely popular colour and can look good on big cars, such as SUV’s, especially with black wheels. Red suits runabouts and sports cars but doesn’t suit big cars, although some of the very metallic looking reds (such as Mazda’s Soul Red) can even suit SUV’s. Grey always looks classy (hence why it’s often the most popular colour with the premium brands) but neither of us like the current trend for very flat greys or, worse still, the putty colour ones. I think that green is quite a dated colour now (I’ve had a couple over the years) but someone posted a pic of their Mini Countryman recently in BRG and it looked fabulous. Can’t stand the camouflage greens though.

There are two colours that Mrs Glos Guy and I just cannot agree on though. She likes gold colours. I don’t. I like bright blues. She doesn’t. You can’t win them all 😂

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Reply #159029 in Colour and cars
Your information: