Citroen Customer 'Care' re. C5 SUV

This topic contains 42 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Confusicated 9 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #65409 Reply
    Confusicated
    Participant

I asked Citroen on Monday for the vertical measurement of the tailgate on the new C5 SUV.

Still no answer. This is what they keep saying:

“I don’t have the technical information to answer the question you have asked. I’ve asked this question to the product manager and as soon as I’ve got an answer for you I’ll reply to you.”

Perhaps nobody has a tape measure?

Current Motability car: Ford Kuga Vignale 1.5 petrol auto AWD. AP £2,395 + £199 for 4-way 80kg hoist.

Previous Mota cars:
    2013-16 Ford Focus estate petrol auto. AP £95. No adaptations.
    2016-19 Vauxhal Zafira 1.4T petrol SE Auto. AP £795 inc. basic hoist.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #65411 Reply
    Masquerade
    Participant

I am with you, how hard is it to get a hold a tape measure and write down the measurements. Very unhelpful some people can be.

#65479 Reply
    Robert

Since it’s only starting to go into production maybe you’re being a bit harsh. They’re not even taking orders till next month.

#65484 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I’m not sure if this helps, I’m on mobile and can’t make out the dimensions. I’ll have a look for you in the morning.

https://www.citroen.fr/_/Layout_Citroen_Flipbook/index?lcdv6=1CCESY#page/62

#65485 Reply
    Trev

Does this help at all, it mentions the boot’s broad opening as being 1,017mm?

https://www.citroen.co.uk/about-citroen/news/new-citroen-c5-aircross-suv-the-ultra-modular-ultra-comfortable-new-generation-suv

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#65487 Reply
    POPS

I’ve browsed everywhere for the boot opening height and nobody is specifying it.

Visually it looks a slightly higher than average opening and as Trev says the boot opening is 1017 mm (40 inches) wide.

#65491 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

It does look intersecting as SUVs go. But for me it’s still French is bound to break, it’s not exactly pushing the boundaries of design

our  touran is nearly 6 years old and has bigger dimensions, better I think real works on fuel and more powerful engine.and is also a 7 seater

with 5 full size seats and two extras my teenagers use with ease. .

Has 3 way climate, sat naz. Blue tooth, voice control, storage everywhere inc two storage drawers per front seat. Storage under second row carpet in floor, cruise,self park. Front and rear parking sensors   A winter driving program for snow and ice  privacy glass

And it has over 200  litres more space and the seats recline. Plus the passenger seat folds flat for extra long items.

I guess it’s hard to improve on Much on good design.

This is why in finding it so hard to late with at Q4 as the choise is poor and high spec AP is also way to high.

#65497 Reply
    Confusicated
    Participant

Robert,

Citroen France has also been unable to get me the information.

I don’t think it’s harsh to question their customer service when they are unable to get me what should be an easy thing to provide. I let them know I am interested in the car – even that I’m considering putting off ordering until Q1 (Dec 19th this year is earliest).

They aren’t exactly trying, and that does not bode well IMO.   :/

Current Motability car: Ford Kuga Vignale 1.5 petrol auto AWD. AP £2,395 + £199 for 4-way 80kg hoist.

Previous Mota cars:

#65498 Reply
    Confusicated
    Participant

wmcforum

Thanks for trying. Sadly, that page doesn’t specify the tailgate opening dimensions.

Previous Mota cars:

#65499 Reply
    Confusicated
    Participant

Trev

Thanks. Yes, it’s impressively wide. When you look at the back of the car, the boot lip is a very long way off the ground – dual height boot is probably there for PHEV version expected in a year or so. That makes the height of the opening rather less than it could be, but nobody is mentioning the actual number.

Previous Mota cars:

#65500 Reply
    Confusicated
    Participant

POPS

Yep, very odd.

Previous Mota cars:

#65501 Reply
    Confusicated
    Participant

Philjb

The Touran is a nice car, but unreachable AP with the equipment we need – inc. power tailgate.

Previous Mota cars:

#65505 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

Hi There

yea I was just thinking out loud as I had been looking as round at what to replace the touran within the scheme?

Theres plenty of options but as you say for similar spec it doesn’t make financial sense.

I need a big car as o carry 2 fold up wheelchairs plus we have a bulldog who likes to lay down and can’t jump up as high as most SUV’s and I or my wife can’t lift him.

Have you looked at the Alhambra or the sharan both very practical and now the engines have been passed the wait shouldn’t be too long.

Coild also be lot of cancelled orders about.

Good luck with your search.

As soon as one comes out get down to the dealers with a tape measure and hope the AP is reasonable. ?

#65506 Reply
    Confusicated
    Participant

Philjb

Morning!

There are just 2 adults and a little dog here. The complication is that my wife has a manual wheelchair that is 79.5cm high when folded. That means a minimum of 82cm needed for the hoist. I am also disabled, and it has been years since I could slide her wheelchair in and out of a car – hence the hoist.

Cars are trending towards smaller. We currently have a Zafira Tourer. Its replacement, the Grandland, is significantly smaller.

Neither of us care for the looks of the Sharan and Alhambra and the AP fully loaded is high.

Current reluctant fave is the Kuga Vignale. But only because it has everything we need at an AP – £2.4k – we can afford.

We loved the Outlander and CX-5, but too small for the hoist.

The car search this time around has been a PITA!

Previous Mota cars:

#65507 Reply
    Robert

It’s not a SUV but might be worth a look….. Peugeot Rifter. It’s been built as a car unlike the old Rascal which was a converted van.

#65509 Reply
    Confusicated
    Participant

Robert

Yes, we had a look at it, and it’s a huge improvement on the Rascal.

Not available with a power tailgate though, and it’s £900 to add as an adaptation! Also, it didn’t feel as well equipped and comfortable generally as other vehicles.

Previous Mota cars:

#65511 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

There is the Citroen Grand C4 Spacetourer – Boot opening dimensions: 113.4 wide, 83.6 high, Narrowest point in boot 115.4.

That’s bigger in every dimension than your current Zafira: 104.7w x 82.4h, narrowest 105.9.

I found both my Grand C4’s very comfy and reliable cars, racking up 180,000 miles between them without any major drama. Only moved away as fancied a change after 7 years in them.

My last one was a top of the range exclusive+ auto, now called “Flair” it has all the gadgets inc electric boot. Must admit, I was lucky and only had to pay £1500 for mine, AP’s have certainly shot up in the last year or so.

#65512 Reply
    Confusicated
    Participant

Abercol

Yep. We had a look and a drive. Might be our fallback position. Ideally we want to get away from MPVs.

Previous Mota cars:

#65513 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

We fancied a change too, but the only car the was comfortable enough for me and had a low enough and big enough boot was the old shape Honda c-rv, which we went for and paid for but we think the dealer sold it to a cash buyer?

The made up a story it was recalled due due to a safety issue?

We even had the PIN number etc come through a few days later from motability but no car emerged?

For all my looking the best compromise was the bmw 2 series tourer.

But the dealer didn’t have one we could test drive in the spec we wanted and I found the sports seats too uncomfortable

but the the car it’s self was great  quality and good price AP wise

but I understand it’s now had new design seats and a digital Speedo etc

#65514 Reply
    Confusicated
    Participant

And Honda haven’t even announced Motability pricing for the new CRV. It’s coming on – the dealer called Honda and Motability while we were there to ask for news.

I have read numerous stories of Mota customers ordering the old CRV as it went out and then not getting them.  :/

We need something high-ish off the ground, as we struggle to get in to saloon style cars. That’s why we’re looking at SUV/crossovers and – if we have to – MPVs.

Previous Mota cars:

#65515 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

The old style Crv probably would have suited you.

Plus they were heavily discounted due to them being the old shape.

The new shape looks practical

but looks odd with a wooden dash in 2018?

Mind you it’s down to taste.

At least Honda mpg is usually pretty much spot on what the read out tells you.

Most others are miles out.

#65516 Reply
    Rapster
    Participant

The BMW Series 2 Active/Gran Tourer(s) do not have a digital dash. They do however, have new standard seats.

#65517 Reply
    Rapster
    Participant

Actually, the Gran Tourer might suit your needs…

#65524 Reply
    Confusicated
    Participant

Rapster

Lovely car, but tailgate opening is only 76cm. Need 82+

Previous Mota cars:

#65526 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

It’s a shame this quarter the RAV 4 isn’t on anymore as that has a massive boot.

But the Honda has a better reviewer and was cheaper AP.

The ford galaxy went up a fair bit and again it’s an extra £400 to add the auto opening boot

the titanium x version had it and a full size sunroof and 10 way electric seats but was removed , plus I personally didn’t find the seats very comfy

I would wait until the 1st of jan if you can

If not then reading vw was doing £350 off all cars in 2018 and I know they had some Tiguan SELs in stock

not sure of the full spec

but they come with a lot ot standard kit and have a two level boot floor to add depth

they may be worth a try

but I think the AP starts at £2,100  for the manual?

#65527 Reply
    Confusicated
    Participant

That AP is a bit high.

Can’t order before 9th Dec, so am seriously thinking about waiting for Q1 lists.

Previous Mota cars:

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
Reply To: Citroen Customer 'Care' re. C5 SUV

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: