Citroen C5 Aircross

This topic contains 53 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Mr P 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #69649 Reply

Mr P

C5 Aircross due to be launched in UK from 8th February, I emailed local dealer for a test drive. They are still awaiting delivery of demo car. I asked for a 24 hr test drive, is this possible on Motobility?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #69652 Reply

Trev

Welcome to the forum Mr P,

Unfortunately test drive duration is set by the dealer, or on occasions by the manufacturer if they run a promotion of extended test drives.

However, after a bit of googling it seems Citroen are quite good with their test drives, 24 hours seems mentioned a lot, even having a test drive for a weekend.

My advice is to see what the dealer offers you, and if it’s no good contact head office and request the extended test drive through them.

https://www.citroen.co.uk/about-citroen/contact-us

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#69654 Reply

Mr P

Thanks Trev, I have put in my ‘test drive query ‘ that I would like a 24hr test drive if possible. Just have to wait now until the demo car arrives.

#69657 Reply

Trev

Let us know how it goes Mr P, would be interested in your thoughts of the car.

#69659 Reply

Mr P

…will do, it’s between the C5 or Pug 5008, which I have test driven. However, for model and specs I want, C5 will be nearly 2 grand cheaper on the AP!!

#69671 Reply

Robert

Don’t worry about asking for a 24hr test drive, you’re just a normal customer asking for one like anyone else.

#69672 Reply

Mr P

Hi Robert, thanks, I’ve just come across this link, so I think Citroen do 24 hr test drives.

https://www.citroen.co.uk/new-cars-and-vans/my-perfect-day

#69674 Reply

Trev

I saw that too Mr P, but when you open the video up in YouTube it shows it was posted 2 years ago, so may no longer be valid, but you never know….

#69678 Reply

Mr P

Thanks Trev, I have emailed them the link to the Citroen site, so I’ll wait for their response.

#69681 Reply

Robert

I’m watching an autogefühl review as I type. I assumed the aircross would be a 5008 size, but it’s more 3008 in size. It’s a good review on YouTube, the reviewer does it in English so don’t be put off watching.

#69682 Reply

Persuader

I’m also keen on the c5 aircross and believe it’s massive like the 5008 just without the third row seats. I too noticed its much cheaper than the equivalent 5008. Now given that they are part of the PSA group how can such a differential occur??

#69683 Reply

Mr P

Thanks Robert, yes I’ve watched that, the reason I want the test drive is to see if our folded w/chair fits comfortably. The boot space is 570 ltrs without seats folded, so should be fine I think. Engine, gearbox, platform is the same as the 5008. AP will be about 2 grand cheaper on the C5!!

#69685 Reply

Speedyrelief
    Participant

I have just spoken to Citroen Motability department and they can’t say when the demo cars are being delivered. They told me that they are still awaiting an update. Seems bad as it’s on the scheme but you can’t order or test drive one.

#69694 Reply

Fabian

Actually. they are already taking orders. The question is would you buy a car just by reading reviews, watching video clips and reading their brochure?

#69850 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Have just had a look at the C5 Aircross today and it is the same size as the Peugeot 3008 not the 5008, don’t be fooled thinking it’s got a massive boot because it’s a 7 seater without the seats, it is definitely not, it would need the seats folding to get my powerchair in so would effectively become a 3 seater(lots of encroachment from the tailgate into the top of the boot space necessitating anything that has to be put in the boot still built up would have to be moved forward into the 2nd row seat space for the tailgate to close), very disappointed!

That being said it is a very nice car, lovely comfy seats but slightly cramped cabin and you sit quite low in the car, I’d say about 4 inches lower than in the CX5, such a shame as it was on my list(an ever diminishing one).

#69851 Reply

Persuader

Thanks for the update. Sounds disappointing for your specific needs. Guess the lesson is go check it out for yourself and don’t make assumptions. Thanks again.

#69852 Reply

Allan

My local dealer phoned me to day to arrange a test drive on Monday C5 airspace flaire plus auto

#69853 Reply

Allan

Sorry C 5 aircross

#69882 Reply

Mr P

Hi Vinalspin, do you think I will get a folded manual w/chair in the boot without back seats folded down?

#69883 Reply

Mr P

Hi Allan, can you please share your thoughts once you’ve had a test drive?

#69898 Reply

Philjb

We tried to get a test drive with Citroen uk on two occasions and we are still waiting.

Ive heard the same thing said by others, so good luck. 👍🏻

#69914 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

I should think it would fit a folded manual wheelchair in the boot, can’t say exactly as I didn’t have mine to try but then again mine has the quick release wheels so makes it easy to fit in most cars, certainly not a powerchair though.

That said it is a very nice car and the ride is sublime, 18″ wheels but nice big sidewalled tyres help plus the hydraulic wizardry of citroen’s suspension guru’s make for a super comfy ride if a bit splashy on bends, but if you were wanting to push a car on the twisty stuff then you wouldn’t be buying one of these anyway, also has an awful lot of kit for a lot less money than the peugeot 3008!

#69927 Reply

Mr P

I have just received an email from my local dealer to say they have a show room and demonstrator models in. They are waiting delivery of 3 more models, one of which will be the 24 hr demonstrator model. He thinks this will be within the next week. Once it arrives he’ll book a date in, so far so good. Now I just hope the car will fit our expected needs.

#69932 Reply

Trev

That’s fantastic news Mr P, good to see things going quickly and dealer seems eager to please – Let us know how you find the car.

#70008 Reply

Allan

Drove the C5 aircross yesterday and I can say it’s a very smooth ride and the flaire plus as everything you need for a safe and comfy drive.The 1.6 petrol 180 bop  is  good value AP of about £1800 and the 2litre D 180 bhp is about £2999.the leather seats are extra at £1770 and that’s the only way to have heated front seats,my local dealer will arrange a longer test drive for me and my wife to take it for a couple of hour on are own after the launch this Friday .

#70010 Reply

Mr P

Hi Allan, thanks for your feedback, the 1.6 auto EAT8 Flair plus is the car I’m looking at. I prefer comfort over sport, so hopefully this will suit fine. I’m awaiting my local garage to take receipt of the ‘24 hour demonstrator ‘ vehicle, then I’ll have a 24 hr test drive. One question, do you think a folded down w/chair will fit in the boot without putting rear seats down?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
Reply To: Citroen C5 Aircross

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: