Chinese Fake cars..

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Philjb 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #119031 Reply

Ade

We discuss the MG Hs on here quite a lot and it is a lot of car for the money.

But just google this: carwow chinese copy youtube

It is quite funny, and absolutely crazy how they will copy Western car design…it is quite entertaining.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #119033 Reply

A guy

Don’t they all pretty much copy each other though, every new innovation and design choice is rolled out across most manufacturers within a few years.

#119037 Reply

Ade

There is a difference between copying design elements and outright carbon copies as in this short video….lol.

#119038 Reply

Zohaib

Just seen it Matt Watson is hilarious

#119049 Reply

Menorca Mike

Anyone saw the replica Ferrari’s on eBay put replica cars in the eBay search it’s usually a Sheffield company they do look stunning mostly based on old Toyota MR2 chassis engine etc

#119051 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Bizarrely, this came up on YouTube as recommend for me a couple of hours ago. We have the same tastes @Ade. 😂
    Does anyone remember Clarkson and May going over this? I remember the X5 and I think there was a Rolls but can’t remember the rest without Googling. One company/country tried to sue the copy company for copyright infringement but China just laughed.

Edit: just found it 😂

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#119069 Reply

PSXCAR
    Participant

“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ”  Oscar Wilde!! enough said

ROY

#119075 Reply

Ade

I can understand what the Chinese companies are doing. They know the design they are copying is a winner, so why take the risk and design a car in house and its shit.

But basically the Chinese car industry has exploded in just 15 years, and they have been very quick in getting the industry up to speed.

The MG Hs – is a very good car, heavily subsidised as it is very cheap….only time will tell if reliability can match its competitors. We dont have to worry about reliability, as it is a lease car.

#119076 Reply

PSXCAR
    Participant

Hi all who really cares, yes it’s a bit of a laugh but we are taking about large pieces of metal, very expensive large pieces of metal in fact, so if you happen to choose a vehicle which has more going for it than a so called ‘premium’  brand (by the way who says that this vehicle or that vehicle is ‘premium’ anyway, probably the manufacturers and high paid car reviewers that think 300 BHP is normal and any car with less is just for the ‘ unwashed’ (just take a look at AUTO MONDAL the only car programme on TV at this time, Top Gear is not a real car review show more of a fun feast for the presenters, don’t get me wrong I love it too but will not help me choose my next Motability vehicle, they are all geared up, Sorry no pun intended, to showcase high end high performance vehicles, nothing wrong with that but not a great help to you when you are looking for a family SUV or hatchback)  who are invited by these companies on corporate all paid for jollies, normanly in some hot and scenic overseas holiday resort. who by the way nearly always feature the range topping all singing all dancing edition of the line up not the run of the mill one we would be looking for, most of these car reviewers always say ‘ this is the top of the range model, lower trim levels don’t get this or that’) I would read these, then read or watch real owners reviews to get real world review, this is where you get the true picture.  Am I wrong or just stating the facts anyway a good subject to discussion.

ROY

ps. wow!  after rereading this seems like a rant didn’t mean it to be, sorry

ROY

#119079 Reply

Haley

It’s very clever really like shopping at Aldi you can see straight away which brands they are copying  😂

#119081 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Hi all who really cares, yes it’s a bit of a laugh but we are taking about large pieces of metal, very expensive large pieces of metal in fact, so if you happen to choose a vehicle which has more going for it than a so called ‘premium’ brand (by the way who says that this vehicle or that vehicle is ‘premium’ anyway, probably the manufacturers and high paid car reviewers that think 300 BHP is normal and any car with less is just for the ‘ unwashed’ (just take a look at AUTO MONDAL the only car programme on TV at this time, Top Gear is not a real car review show more of a fun feast for the presenters, don’t get me wrong I love it too but will not help me choose my next Motability vehicle, they are all geared up, Sorry no pun intended, to showcase high end high performance vehicles, nothing wrong with that but not a great help to you when you are looking for a family SUV or hatchback) who are invited by these companies on corporate all paid for jollies, normanly in some hot and scenic overseas holiday resort. who by the way nearly always feature the range topping all singing all dancing edition of the line up not the run of the mill one we would be looking for, most of these car reviewers always say ‘ this is the top of the range model, lower trim levels don’t get this or that’) I would read these, then read or watch real owners reviews to get real world review, this is where you get the true picture. Am I wrong or just stating the facts anyway a good subject to discussion. ROY ps. wow! after rereading this seems like a rant didn’t mean it to be, sorry ROY

Hi Roy, nothing like a rant…😁

That’s the wonderful World of TV land where BBC presenters scratch their heads as to why anyone would turn off their central heating on a mid Winter night and where ITV presenters say “why should the rich pay more tax” they of course talking of themselves and then we have TV chefs who cook pieces of meat that would cost us a full days pay to buy.

So you see why we don’t get reasonable priced cars reviews because politicians, TV presenters and TV producers think anyone earning less than £50K per annum should be using the trains and buses, oh and now the latest, electric scooters.

Eddy Grant’s Electric Avenue is 40 years old now and you would think things would be better now but his words are more true today than ever “workin’ so hard like a soldier, can’t afford a thing on TV”.😢

#119082 Reply

Bandit
    Participant

Question is:

If they were available in the UK (especially on the scheme) would you consider one?

If I liked it, it was ok quality and drove ok, given the fact I wouldn’t have to care about resale etc, I’d certainly consider it.

#119125 Reply

A guy

If they met all the safety standards, looked nice and were good to drive I honestly couldn’t care less about the badge, I try to get the most for the least, that’s why the MG HS appealed so much to me.

I have a mate who spends around £400 a month on a Mercedes GLA(I think) lease and he’s only done 2-3k miles in almost 2 years coz he has a work van.

But he just had to have that badge sitting outside his house, his money of course but I just don’t get it.

#119128 Reply

Philjb
    Participant

Yes they copy western cars and technology but they never seem to get either the looks or the quality quite right.
    The tech is always older versions and laggy.

It’s like the MG they bought the brand because it had sporting heritage but failed miserably to make a sporty car that the world wanted.

So they now make an SUV which is great value for money agreed but it’s nowhere near class leading in any way.

Tiguan fan boy

#119142 Reply

PSXCAR
    Participant

philjb, I have to disagree, I’m getting shot of my Mercedes GLA tomorrow and picking up an MG HS having driven both the MG wins on every point except…… the three pointed star but you don’t drive the badge do you…. anyway only my opinion choose what you want and just enjoy it

ROY

#119153 Reply

Philjb
    Participant

Psxcar it would be a boring world if we all agreed.
    Given the choice of a Mercedes and an MG I know which car I’d choose with identical size and spec, it wouldn’t be the MG.

The only thing the MG has is a cheap price tag. It’s not a best seller or innovative design it’s a sort of copy of a few manufacturers but on a budget.
    I’m not saying it’s a bad car I’m just saying it’s not many peoples first choice.

Tiguan fan boy

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Chinese Fake cars..

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: