Changing car tax class

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JS 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

  • Creator
  • #90827 Reply


    I have just purchased a car for my wife which is in the disabled tax class. Since my wife is not disabled, I need to have this changed but I’m slightly confused as to how to do it.

    Can anyone help me out?

    VW Tiguan R-Line Tech auto in nice shiny black. 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #90831 Reply


    If you need to Tax it also then they will change the class there and then at the Post Office.

    #90838 Reply


    I change the tax class of my ex-Motability car from disabled to private two years ago and just took the usual paperwork you need to tax the car to my local Post Office, filled out a form after telling them I want to change the class and that was it.

    Can’t remember what form, if any, it was other than the one for taxing the car but it was so simple I simply forgot the procedure.

    #90843 Reply


    im not sure if the smaller post offices are able to do it due to not having the live system, it is also possible to do it on line via a V70 form (which states you can’t do it at post office) but since all the dvla local offices shut 5/6 years ago I’m sure the main post offices are able to do it, if you don’t have the log book you may also need the V62 form (£25 fee).


Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Changing car tax class

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: