Changing car tax class

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar JS 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #90827 Reply
    DougieB
    Participant

I have just purchased a car for my wife which is in the disabled tax class. Since my wife is not disabled, I need to have this changed but I’m slightly confused as to how to do it.

Can anyone help me out?

Current car: Kia Sportage 2.0 KX3 CRDI AWD auto.

Coming soon: VW Tiguan R-Line Tech auto in nice shiny black. 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #90831 Reply
    JS

If you need to Tax it also then they will change the class there and then at the Post Office.

#90838 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I change the tax class of my ex-Motability car from disabled to private two years ago and just took the usual paperwork you need to tax the car to my local Post Office, filled out a form after telling them I want to change the class and that was it.

Can’t remember what form, if any, it was other than the one for taxing the car but it was so simple I simply forgot the procedure.

#90843 Reply
    JS

im not sure if the smaller post offices are able to do it due to not having the live system, it is also possible to do it on line via a V70 form (which states you can’t do it at post office) but since all the dvla local offices shut 5/6 years ago I’m sure the main post offices are able to do it, if you don’t have the log book you may also need the V62 form (£25 fee).

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-change-a-vehicle-tax-v70

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Changing car tax class

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: