Changing car early am i eligible for GCB

• Creator
    Topic
    theo2017
    Participant

Hi just wondering i changed my car last april after having my previous car for 4 years i received the new car payment and GCB ive had my fiesta for a year and due to my condition getting worse i cancelled it early and im just about to take delivery of an ID4 in the next couple of weeks my question is will i be eligible for a good condition bonus or dont you get it due to it being cancelled early i think ill get back some of my advance payment on a pro rata that i put down on the fiesta last year thou thanks

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Glos Guy
      Participant

From memory, you get a pro rata refund on the base AP (but not any optional extras you paid for) but no GCB. Check with Motability though as they are buggers for changing the rules on a whim!

MickC
        Participant

Did they slam dunk you with the “admin fee” for ending the lease early.

lee6613
          Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>When we did an early termination we got the pro rata refund of the AP and we got a percentage of the GCB, it was approx £50 as had not had our car too long</p>

theo2017
            Participant

No MickC they waived it

theo2017
              Participant

Ok thanks lee6613

mickyarmy
                Participant

I removed

• This reply was modified 5 hours, 47 minutes ago by mickyarmy.
                  mickyarmy
                  Participant

Should say  part refund of previouse AP.

mickyarmy
                    Participant

,I removed.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by mickyarmy.
                      • This reply was modified 5 hours, 46 minutes ago by mickyarmy.
                      christheheathen
                      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>We did early termination just recently and 2 weeks ago recieved new car. We got pro rata refund on original ap and pro rata gcb payment</p>

mickyarmy
                        Participant

Very good, thanks for info

Fastbike1000
                          Participant

When I asked about changing my Ariya early I was told pro rata on both, but I was told it depends on the situation.

Participant

Quote:

If your mobility needs have changed
                              If you want to end your lease early and leave the Scheme because your needs have changed, call our customer services team on 0300 456 4566 or speak to us using web messenger. If we agree it’s OK to leave early, you’ll need to pay an administration fee of up to £250.

Once you’ve returned your vehicle, we’ll give you a pro rata refund of any Advance Payment you’ve paid. You might also be eligible for a pro rata Good Condition Payment.

If you paid for any optional extras when you ordered your vehicle, we will not refund these.

richjackdan
                              Participant

We’ve just agreed an early termination with Motability … pretty much as Mike says above although they did agree to waive the admin fee.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.