Carwow New Tiguan review

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #129951 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Bit of a damp squib if you ask me, would much prefer my current Tiguan and i even contemplated having another but not with those updates. Those touchy slidey buttons would drive me insane not to say i think they are dangerous and the silly fake exhausts look really naff. Why whenever they try to improve a really good car do they always succeed in making it worse.

----------------------------
    Tiguan SEL Auto in Tungsten Silver
    Metal Detectorist & scale modeller
    in my spare time

#129954 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Did the same with new Golf

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#130088 Reply
    Martinod

So I’ve just watched carwow review I liked the review, I am looking at it as an option,

maybe someone help with a few things

Is there no button on the steering wheel to answer the phone if not how do answer it

the usb sockets fit plugging in mobile phone are they hard to get to

#130111 Reply
    RICHARD WAITES

It’s not at the top of my list but certainly a contender. Typical Volkswagen practicality but lacking a little sparkle. I’ll have to see how the size compares to the XC40.

#130286 Reply
    Rolly

The new 2021 Tiguan does have some nice features , I like the new ambient lighting inside with choice of 20+ colours & outside strobe lights, also the new seats are really nice.

On the outside I don’t like the new wheels to much and hate the fake exhausts. Apart from that the outside is very similiar to the predecessor. The new R line badge is a fresh touch

I personally think a £3449.00 advance for the new 2021 R line DSG 2L diesel Model is definetly not value for money just because of the lack of tech inside the car and basic spec.

If you want a panoramic roof and 360 camera  you will need to pay £945.00 + £720.00 = £1665.00 in total. These did come as standard in the top model for 2020 (R line Tech) which was available on Motability .

FYI you do not even get a reverse camera another optional extra in the new 2021 Tiguan.

The new Tiguan R line also does not come with the keyless entry + electric boot which is another option costing around £320.00 which was again standard on the 2020 R line tech

it seems everything is a additional extra in the new Tiguan R line model even a space saver biscuit wheel will set you back £215.00

I think previously the Tiguan R line models were seen as good value for money but I feel that is not the case anymore unfortunately.

@Martinod
    you can answer the phone from steering wheel by pressing the button that says OK on the right hand side of the wheel

#130287 Reply
    Clipped wings

The SEL includes many of those expensive options and makes good sense as a lease car, IMHO

also has steering wheel buttons instead of that touch sensitive nonsense which would be a deal breaker for me.

#130288 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

I think VW are being a bit naughty lately in general. It’s the same with their R-Line Golf. You’d think it would have a few more bells & whistles – but in fact, it has several features missing that the lower model has as standard. What’s more, VW have put THE most boring alloy wheels on the R-Line that you’re almost forced to upgrade (£450 option) – just to make the car look anywhere near ‘sportier’! Things like nicer alloys, electric folding mirrors, the upgraded LED headlights, heated seats & even a reversing camera are all expensive options.

#130293 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

This seems to be the trend lately from German manufacturers, remove the popular features and make as either expensive extras or bundle them as part of a pack that includes stuff that you don’t want or need.

#130363 Reply
    Markymate

The review shows the boot with a flat level floor, what it didn’t tell you is,  you have to pay £215 for it. As standard you get a deep well and a huge lip to lift stuff over.

#130364 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

I’m sorry but I have no idea what VW were thinking removing all the r line tech features, only thing I can think of is in 1.5 years they’ll probably introduce a r line tech, really looked forward to the mk3 but was let down, I’ll be waiting to see the new 5008 Aps and most likely go with that

#130366 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

I was waiting for the new Tucson but god knows when that will make an appearance as the old model is still on and available to order.

in my spare time

#130374 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

I’m sorry but I have no idea what VW were thinking removing all the r line tech features, only thing I can think of is in 1.5 years they’ll probably introduce a r line tech, really looked forward to the mk3 but was let down, I’ll be waiting to see the new 5008 Aps and most likely go with that

I’m pretty much decided on the new 2008 for when I can order next week. It’s not too big & pretty much ideal for my needs & requirements. I can’t decide on Orange Fusion, Vertigo Blue or Cumulus Grey though!

GT version is 155 bhp 8-speed automatic and unlike the tight Germans – it comes with heated seats, a reversing camera, ACC, opening panoramic roof, wireless phone charging pad, electric folding mirrors, keyless entry, driving modes, ambient lighting, plus loads more – all as standard.

#130375 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Solent what engine is that and what is the advance payment ? Has it got electronic parking brake ?

#130378 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Mike, it’s a 1.2 turbo 155 bhp and the AP for the top spec GT is currently £1,899. The GCB will knock £600 off of that… and I’m hoping to haggle a further reduction although Peugeot dealers are notoriously difficult to bargain with as regards money off for Motability customers.

And yes, it has an electronic parking brake Mike. Have a look at the GT Line Mike. AP is £1,499 and it comes with plenty of kit & great MPG.

#130379 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Solent I’ve just bought photos up and it looks like it has dreaded touch screen for heater fan etc ???

#130380 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Yeah, that’s the elephant in the room Mike! There’s a volume knob for the radio etc but there is a short cut button/key for the air conditioning/temp etc just below the screen. One touch of the button and you’re straight to the AC/temp control. I can live with that!

#130381 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Solent I’ve just bought photos up and it looks like it has dreaded touch screen for heater fan etc ???

And if its anything like the 3008 turning off the stop start system is a nightmare as well as you have to troll through the menu every time you start the car to disable it. Why cant they just have a bloody button like everyone else.

in my spare time

#130394 Reply
    Rolly

The new 2008 GT line looks  nice and I do really like that vertigo blue colour

For a £1899.00 AP, I would say that is very reasonable and if you can somehow get the dealer to knock a few hundred pounds off this car is excellent value for money.

a panoramic opening roof, reverse cameras and ambient lighting + alot more ! It is impressive and a good choice to go for with the current range of cars available.

#130395 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Yes very well equipped indeed

#130415 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

The slightly more powerful 1.2 GT version (155 BHP) has an AP of £1,899 and comes pretty much fully kitted out.

The 1.2 GT LINE version (130 BHP) has an AP of £1,499 and still has a lot of kit too.

Both are 8-speed auto boxes that are well respected & liked by motoring journalists.

I have read & watched countless reviews of the 2008 and have yet to see a really negative review. That has to be a good sign! Even Thomas over at Autogefühl loved it – and he’s not easily pleased!

#130416 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Stuart stop start as in when the engine turns off when you’re at a stop right? I’ve had both Tiguan and 3008 and the 3008 is much better at stop start, the Tiguan has a little jerk when moving off

Solent, the orange and blue both look amazing such a hard choice

the only problem I’ve ever had with the Peugeot is that the screen kept restarting due to a Bluetooth fault, funny thing is after taking it to dealership 5 times and getting motability involved to return my full AP I still want another peugeot

i feel like VW can do sooooooo much more and be more brave but it’s so conservative which don’t get me wrong some people will like but it’s a pass from me for now

#130421 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Well SUVGuy, I have a blue C-HR at the moment which is very similar(ish) to the Vertigo Blue that Peugeot do – so ‘Orange Fusion’ would probably be my choice. It looks stunning in the sunlight in that colour… but not so much so when it’s grey & overcast. I wish they did a metallic lime green or the ‘Faro Yellow’ that the smaller 208 comes in. I guess you can’t have it all!

#130424 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

BTW Mike, forgot to add that the 2008 is pretty much identical in size to the C-HR that you’re considering. You’re only talking millimetres in length, width & height between the two cars. Same again with seat/ride height, etc.

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
Reply To: Carwow New Tiguan review
Your information: