Cars disappearing of scheme

• Creator
    Topic
    FlyingScotsman
    Participant

Just got an email back from a Skoda dealer saying that All Skodas will be removed from scheme on 5th August except for the Fabia estate. Worrying times.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 73 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      solent60
      Participant

Motability would have gotten away with it if it hadn’t been for those pesky chips…

ChrisK
        Participant

What would be nice, and assume Motability do, is to talk to each manufacturer and get some low down on what is happening now and pass something on to us.

For instance are any of the cars going to return in Q4 or Q1 2022 then at least we can make a judgement on whether its worth waiting around or moving on.

I’m spending countless time looking for a suitable scooter that fits in the back of a Kuga and you think it’ hard trying to get information about cars off the internet, well I can tell you trying to get info about scooter lengths, heights and widths is almost impossible when manufactures scooter manuals can’t make there minds up as to whether there scooter is 103cm long or 104cm and when it comes to the size of scooters, wheelchairs and cars, size really does matter.

Come on Motability, we know it’s not your fault but please don’t treat us like Mushrooms.

Participant

This has just arrived from my VW dealer, after I made an enquiry regarding supplying either a new ID.3 Max ( my choice ) or a new. ID.4 Life- Pure ( my wife’s choice) –

Mike
            New cars are like a cup of water in the dessert at the moment as fast as we get the cup some one drinks it ..
            We have 2 guys on the system at midnight grabbing everything that comes up . but have noticed every other dealer doing the same .
            We have no idea when we will get builds on various cars its a lotto ..
            If anyone factory orders a car we are not allowed to quote times as even the guys at the factory do not know  but certainly not 2021 , so we will need to grab or change an existing order for you, and hope it comes quicker .
            Sorry I have no answers but at the moment if someone tells you any different its a guess or a lie because nobody knows .
            All we can do is change an order that’s already in and hope..

Glos Guy
            Participant

Mike700 – It’s refreshing when dealers tell the truth, as yours has done. That’s almost exactly the same message that I was given face to face by the Sales Manager at our local Ford dealer. He told me in June that new car orders made then would be December earliest and more likely 2022. Car dealers from many manufacturers are fearful of losing orders so are quoting lead times that they simply cannot achieve. I have been fortunate in having just taken delivery of a new BMW X1 which was only 4 months from order to delivery, but that was because the dealer managed to nab a cancelled order slot for me, exactly as your VW dealer is suggesting.

Elliot
              Participant

Spot on @FlyingScotsman they have gone today.

FlyingScotsman
                Participant

Got a phone call from a Skoda dealer yesterday afternoon and he had absolutely no idea that they were being removed, seems communication between all interested parties is pretty poor.

Hated with a passion dragging my disabled son round showrooms trying out endless cars, testing if his sports chair fits in, then to see the rug pulled from below us is so soul destroying. It is only bettered by school clothes shopping before both mental and physical fatigue kicks in and we have to give up for another day.

Starting to think waiting nearly 40 weeks on a Galaxy is our only non van option. We’ve contacted motability and once we’ve been assigned a case manager, maybe they can suggest another option

VictorOne

I’m just literally burying my head in the sand, these deductions are just beyond belief.
                    My current car is 5 years next May, it’s  already been extended three times because of Covid and now, when I’m actually in a position to order, there is nothing!

So, what’s going to happen if Mota say nope, sorry but no more extensions, choose a car or leave the scheme!!!
                    Its getting like the Government forcing us to have jabs, yes forcing because if we don’t then benefits will be stopped until we do, this is similar, choose a shite car or bugger off.

Appreciate its more the industry but Mota need to be more vocal to customers keeping us in the loop so myself and others don’t waste our time.
                    I’m considering popping in to Land Rover and seeing what they can do for me on a 110. Can’t be much more than what we are paying now.
                    Shocking. I don’t believe the whole motor world has come to a complete halt due to microchip shortages… having know people who work for JLR, their telling me it’s a load of poppy cock. Hey hoe.

Participant

Mike700 – It’s refreshing when dealers tell the truth, as yours has done. That’s almost exactly the same message that I was given face to face by the Sales Manager at our local Ford dealer. He told me in June that new car orders made then would be December earliest and more likely 2022. Car dealers from many manufacturers are fearful of losing orders so are quoting lead times that they simply cannot achieve. I have been fortunate in having just taken delivery of a new BMW X1 which was only 4 months from order to delivery, but that was because the dealer managed to nab a cancelled order slot for me, exactly as your VW dealer is suggesting.

Yup, GG,

it certainly is refreshing.

I’ve had chat with him this morning, and my impression is that ‘ he may be a salesman’, but he’s in it for the long term, and has built a good client base, dare I say it – through his honest approach?

Three and a bit years ago, he diverted a car from the list of cars on order, albeit with expensive extras ( it was my choice to “go ” with them ) and I have absolutely no regrets over choosing the Tiguan, in fact I am reluctant to give it up – but it’s time for an E.V .

He is going to try a similar thing again , but this time for an iD.3.

I want an early change of vehicle It will definitely be a Max, but once again, potentially with factory fitted options – the norm is apparently to have alloy wheels fitted in place of the standard steel wheels!

Maybe I will get a Colour choice, they have several colours on order!

If we however decide on an ID.4, it’ s definitely next year , potentially a
                      March or April delivery- blow that”

Hi

We have had our car now for just over 6 and a half years!

The original 3 years was extended by 2 years.

Then due to covid another 1 year extension.

Was all set to order a Tiguan, went to dealers………………….sorry mate they have all been pulled off Motability. How about a T-ROC I ask. F**K.

Back home, convince wife a Seat Ateca would be OK. So off to the dealers………………….no luck. More F**k.

Been thinking about a Skoda, they have now been removed.

Complained to Motability, now have had yet another extension.

Audi next?

Its all gone mad.

ChrisK
                        Participant

@ FlyingSotsman

That’s the thing that hits me hard, not the waiting months for a car but the pain in the butt having to go to dealers showrooms to look at cars then finding them unsuitable and for some unknown to me reason Motability seem to think its a joy and exciting time to go out looking for new cars but as some of us know its far from being anything other than a chore, a tiresome chore literally and having cars removed with no warning after exhausting yourself looking for a suitable car is far beyond an inconvenience.

Yes we know its not Motability fault but I only hope they are making manufactures aware of the problems and distress they are causing to there disable customers, customers I may add, who can’t take their business somewhere else so they know they got you backed into a corner.

@VictorOne

Your right the motor industries has not come to a stop for retail customers, its only stopped for lease hire customers but Motability being bundled as just another lease hirer is really not on and the VW group should hang there heads in shame but as we all know they have no shame in the actions they take until someone calls them out then they bend over backwards to sort every thing until the dust settles on the problem.

It’s just a shame that the VAG are the only ones that seem to make suitable cars, space wise, for carry large amount of disabled equipment in the boot without resorting to a van and little exception from others and it’s noted in the Motability TV ad campaign that all the cars are small affairs that you’d be lucky to get a shopping bag in the boot never mind a scooter or wheelchair but then maybe they think we go out and just drive around the streets laughing our heads off without a care in the World then go back home.

Do I sound annoyed, yes I am but not so much at Motability but at car manufactures regardless of there own doing supply problems.

Wigwam
                          Participant

There are other cars outside the Volkswagen Group, Mark.  Why don’t you look elsewhere?  You might get lucky!

Paul

6.5 years ,mines coming upto 5 next month ,no idea if they will allow extension again ,if not then im forced to choose whats on .Crazy situation im sure will be many who have had to settle for 2nd 3rd or less choice but when and if things get back to normal,motorbility will have a fair few early terminations i reckon ,so people can get the car they originally wanted.

Georgie

Except they won’t get the Good Condition Bonus for an early termination.

bfoandc

It is quite bizarre to see the numbers on the scheme in (almost) freefall.

Certainly, I feel very relieved to have got my new vehicle in July. However, this ‘shortage’ has been building for a while. When we went looking in June the VW dealer we visited said it would be at  best 5-6 months if we ordered one then and could be longer. I have to say they looked very downcast, as no salesperson wants to put people off.  We were very fortunate that our car (Kona EV) was en-route to the UK and the dealer had ‘booked’ a number of them. There were still some phoning around branches to do and the colour wouldn’t have been my first choice but it is growing on me!

John Morris

Georgie….. you do get the good conditions bonus with an early termination. We did as well as the pro-rata advance payment. We received  £100 good condition bonus plus £375 of the £500 AP we had paid 7 months previous. I guess its £100/6 month increments.

ChrisK
                                    Participant

Not much joy around here lately but something for the near future, I hope, could this be a case of good things come to those who wait?☺

VW release the price of the Tiguan PHEW yesterday, hey I know still putting new models into the market when they can’t even supply the ones that are already there😥, but will we see this one on Motability in the future.

Using On The Road Prices the Life trim level PHEW comes in about £5,000 above the standard DSG Life model and the Elegance comes in at £4,000 above the standard DSG Elegance model.

Will be interesting to see how the AP for this model pegs itself.

Glos Guy
                                      Participant

I have no doubt that the Tiguan PHEV will eventually appear on the Motability scheme ChrisK. The Tiguan is probably one of the most popular cars on the Motability scheme and cars such as the Volvo XC40 PHEV currently appear and carry an even higher price premium than the Tiguan. The question is obviously when.

fwippers
                                        Participant

6.5 years ,mines coming upto 5 next month ,no idea if they will allow extension again ,if not then im forced to choose whats on .Crazy situation im sure will be many who have had to settle for 2nd 3rd or less choice but when and if things get back to normal,motorbility will have a fair few early terminations i reckon ,so people can get the car they originally wanted.

This post suggests Motability customers have an automatic right to an early lease termination, this is not the case and is only available in certain circumstances and there are limits. Early termination to change to a “more desirable” car is not an option.

Paul

Wasn’t suggessting it  i was making the point that it will happen ,as recent as when golf gtd was put on scheme some posters mentioned ,would cancel current orders .

Philjb
                                            Participant

This post suggests Motability customers have an automatic right to an early lease termination, this is not the case and is only available in certain circumstances and there are limits. Early termination to change to a “more desirable” car is not an option.

In practice it’s very easy to swap early and usually incur no fee to do so.

But you do of course loose any good condition bonus.

John Morris

Again no you don’t lose the good condition bonus. You get it… we got it 5 months ago for a 7 month old car we handed back

Philjb

Not everyone gets it, motability have discretion over gcb

Glos Guy
                                                  Participant

Again no you don’t lose the good condition bonus. You get it… we got it 5 months ago for a 7 month old car we handed back

Was it pro-rata though John? So for 7 months that would be just over £100?

John Morris

Yes Glos Guy.  Its was £100 and £375ish back from our original £500 AP. We changed cars from a manual to an auto. Motability were very helpful and actually suggested we change cars when we explained the issue. Oh and no £250 cancellation fee obviously.

Glos Guy
                                                      Participant

Yes Glos Guy. Its was £100 and £375ish back from our original £500 AP. We changed cars from a manual to an auto. Motability were very helpful and actually suggested we change cars when we explained the issue. Oh and no £250 cancellation fee obviously.

Similar scenario to us some years ago when my wife’s condition worsened and she needed hand controls. I asked Motability if we could have them fitted to our current car which still had over a year to go. They said no, but you can order a new car, which rather surprised us. I don’t think I’d ever have the nerve to ask to change the car if it was just because we had made a rash decision and regretted it though!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 73 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.