Car woes continue

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #165326 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

It’s wallowing like there are no shock absorbers at all!

#165327 Reply
    Davie hoods

Hey dunno if this helps, I have the toyota proace as my work van 69 plate, when the van is empty (rise is much better when full) again dunno if this comparison works, but am goin back to transits after this lease is up

#165328 Reply
    Davie hoods

Sorry it rides the same as that when empty

#165329 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

Wigwam exactly that’s what it feels like as if springs upgraded as it rides potholes well but no damping

as for Proace coincidentally they are bringing one on Friday as a loan car so finally can compare like for like

#165331 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

Dave Hoods thing is they are marketing them as limousine style airport vehicles and with a breaking spine my wife has the ability to suggest that’s incorrect. It will be interesting when we borrow the Proace, if it’s the same I have no idea what we will do for a vehicle

#165333 Reply
    Davie hoods

Really hope you get it fixed

#165335 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

@Windy persist with the dealer. That car is definitely faulty. If changing the shock absorbers doesn’t fix it, I would guess it has the wrong springs fitted.

#165336 Reply
    struth
    Participant

felt sick looking at that and i dont suffer sea sickness lol

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#165337 Reply
    Rene

That’s absolutely ridiculous.

I’d tweet that @Peugeot, usually if you call them out proper on social media, they react. If you have the option, i’d actually reject it rather than chasing down all flaws. Chances are that things that aren’t directly visible (or immediately obvious, since i know that suspension wasn’t the only fault) are broken/faulty too.

In the beginning i thought you might be overdramatising, but that’s genuinely not safe.

#165338 Reply
    michaelTurner

Hi,

I take it the vehicle is on the motability scheme.

I would not even consider it safe to be on the road and how it got passed I am amazed.

Anyone travelling in it is not only in danger of loosing their life but others as well.

Be in a RTA and the insurance is highly likely to be invalid.

It is to me totally unroad worthy.

I hope you get your money back or change it ASP, Good luck, Michael

#165345 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Just to be clear now the car is still with us because the dealer who is not the supplying dealer has in fact gone quiet. Not just with us but also Motability we have been supplied with a hire car today but not big enough so that’s being replaced Friday I am going to clear the car tomorrow and take off purchased extras as I don’t really expect to see it again we weren’t really taken seriously until the video and Rene is quite correct this was the major of many faults some you would call irritants, but also the A/c had never been gassed and now strangely we find no heat or so minor 13 degrees outside is warmer. So this car seems to have completely bypassed quality control and it’s a pity as it could not be a worse time to find a car and nigh impossible to find a suitable one. There is another vehicle unregistered at port but there is a suspicious attitude toward it by us and in fact Motability.

</p>

#165346 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I don’t if this will work but would love you all to give an opinion on the suspension video so here is my wife’s Facebook link it’s the only way we can show it https://www.facebook.com/groups/electricvanmpv/permalink/575757316946879/

Windy the road springs  (or in some case torsion bars) absorb the road shocks and the vehicle weight distribution, (the dampers often referred to as shock absorbers control the oscillation of the road springs otherwise you would be bouncing around), the majority of modern vehicles are fitted with rollbars to the front and occasionally to the rear suspension.

Like Wigwam has highlighted you may have one or several defective dampers, there is a simple test to check the dampers

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV

#165347 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

Hi Oscarmax it went to the garage for 3 days where they claim to have tested all and sent details to French factory for confirmation, however they then returned car stating there is an unknown issue and would need to come back when they get an answer. But now will not respond to either us or Motability. Personally I can’t see how any known fault with any part of suspension can be safe but I have only amateur mechanical knowledge. To get hold of any involved in this is impossible and although Rene said call them out on Social Media I can get no link but I did just put this on YouTube. I feel really strongly this should not happen to this extent with a new car and then be ignored.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uAthHzrV8NA&feature=youtu.be

#165348 Reply
    Rene

That video is private bud. 😉

#165350 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Hi Oscarmax it went to the garage for 3 days where they claim to have tested all and sent details to French factory for confirmation, however they then returned car stating there is an unknown issue and would need to come back when they get an answer. But now will not respond to either us or Motability. Personally I can’t see how any known fault with any part of suspension can be safe but I have only amateur mechanical knowledge. To get hold of any involved in this is impossible and although Rene said call them out on Social Media I can get no link but I did just put this on YouTube. I feel really strongly this should not happen to this extent with a new car and then be ignored. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uAthHzrV8NA&feature=youtu.be

Peugeot and Fiat done exactly the same and closed ranks in 2008/9 over the Ducato 250 gearbox issues.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#165351 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

To my certain knowledge it’s impossible to test shock absorbers while they are on the car.  I would question if the dealer dismantled the suspension.

#165439 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Wigwam you surprise me I thought you were from an automotive background, its part the MOT test.

#165444 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

They don’t physically test shock absorbers any more, a check for excess play in the front strut and wheel bearing / suspension joints and any signs of leaks but nothing directly involving the shocks (had the OH’s car in at 2pm today for MOT), the tester who’s a friend showed me the VOSA guidelines and checklist required by MOT testers after i asked about a squeak on the rear left (fixed with WD40) and so much that used to be checked is now missing. (it passed btw 😁)

#165445 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

No, it’s not, Oscarmax. The MOT only inspects shock absorbers for oil leakage. The only way to check function is to cycle the shock absorber through its range off the car.

#165448 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

They don’t physically test shock absorbers any more, a check for excess play in the front strut and wheel bearing / suspension joints and any signs of leaks but nothing directly involving the shocks (had the OH’s car in at 2pm today for MOT), the tester who’s a friend showed me the VOSA guidelines and checklist required by MOT testers after i asked about a squeak on the rear left (fixed with WD40) and so much that used to be checked is now missing. (it passed btw 😁)

Vinalspin I didn’t know they stopped testing the shocks it has been at least 10+ years since I have been inside an MOT station.

#165450 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Apology accepted, Oscarmax.

#165461 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Apology accepted, Oscarmax.

I didn’t know I offended you Wigwam

#165464 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Oh you didn’t. I’m not readily offended. But you did doubt my knowledge, Oscarmax

#165470 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Oh you didn’t. I’m not readily offended. But you did doubt my knowledge, Oscarmax

Then please accept my apology, it was never my intention to doubt you or your knowledge.

#165475 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Jesus christ.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY23

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
Reply To: Reply #165350 in Car woes continue
Your information: