Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today

• This topic has 2,304 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by Mark.
Viewing 25 replies - 2,276 through 2,300 (of 2,304 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    fwippers
    Participant

The only thing that is astonishing is that people are astonished by the motability price list. It is and always has been a shambles. For a company of this size it is beyond belief how poor it is. It would not be accepted anywhere else.

The search engine is not fit for purpose. The choice of cars is poor and expensive. Motability do not have full control of the latter, but the former they do.

Elliot
    Participant

Maybe Motability should have spent the ridiculous bonus they awarded themselves on getting the system right instead.

The scheme really is being mis-managed at the moment.

wadey1457
    Participant

maybe they should use some off the 2 billion plus now to help out.but i dont think they will as the banks will be using it to gamble in the over night stock market.and before you say motability charity yes for tax purposes.its owend by banks and banks dont do anything for nothing.

wadey1457
    Participant

On 7 December 2018 the National Audit Office published its report on Motability which upheld many criticisms of executive pay and reserves policy. It also found that Motability had charged customers more than £390 million more than necessary for car leases over the past ten years and that the CEO was entitled to further payments beyond those that had already been disclosed

Mark

@Paul what day of August did you order? Also when is your expected delivery date?

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Monday 3rd January 2022  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 901            No Change

Paul

Hi Mark – my order date was 7th August but the dealer actually ordered it 4 weeks before that as I’ve had cars off him before and they knew that even if it was pulled from the scheme during those 4 weeks they’d have no problems selling it.

Car was gate released in Germany on 6th December but has been delayed due to the Ford Christmas shutdown 22/12 -6/1

I’m gonna contact them tomorrow but I (and the dealer) expect to get it before the end of this month 🤞

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Tuesday 4th January 2022  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 901            No Change

ChrisK
    Participant

Here’s something worth a note, the VW Tiguan eHybrid is listed in Q1 VW price list for Motability but not in the Motability search itself.

If and when it does appear and your lucky to have won the lottery these are the AP prices…

Tiguan Life PIP AP = £6,999 WP AP = £5,843

Tiguan Elegance PIP AP = £7,799 WP AP = £6,643

Tiguan R-Line PIP AP = £7,899 WP AP = £6,743

struth
    Participant

they were an awful lot less a few months ago. costs havent gone up that much so they’re havin’ a laugh

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

Glos Guy
    Participant

Here’s something worth a note, the VW Tiguan eHybrid is listed in Q1 VW price list for Motability but not in the Motability search itself. If and when it does appear and your lucky to have won the lottery these are the AP prices… Tiguan Life PIP AP = £6,999 WP AP = £5,843 Tiguan Elegance PIP AP = £7,799 WP AP = £6,643 Tiguan R-Line PIP AP = £7,899 WP AP = £6,743

Good spot ChrisK. It would certainly be a very welcome addition, but at £7.8k for the desirable Elegance Model I can’t see many takers. As with all PHEV’s, people will need to do the maths to work out how much they will save over 3 years once the additional AP has been deducted, to give a true ‘net’ saving’. Given the incredibly low annual mileages that many Motability customers seem to do, I can imagine that it will make sense for some but not for others. Good to have the choice though, albeit at some cost!

Mark

@Paul that’s great news. I’m only asking as mine was gate released on the 10th December. He did email me today and said it’s showing an ETA to him of 29 Jan.

ChrisK
    Participant

Hi struth

Those prices are for the eHybrid Tiguan that I don’t think have appeared on Motability before but yes the Tiguan R-Line I ordered in October has an AP of £3,199 but this eHybrid version is another £4,700 on top of that.

The difference in retail price between the standard Tiguan R-Line and the equivalent eHybrid is £4,185 so make of that what you will.

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I’ll open a new thread with the price guide listed.

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Wednesday 5th January 2022  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 903             Change +2

Hyundai +2

Ioniq Electric 39kWh back on the Scheme, range 165 miles. No change in price, £199 Premium, £799 Advance Payment Premium SE.

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Thursday 6th January 2022  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 915             Change +12

JEEP -6  (1 Diesel 5 Petrol)

Compass -6  only 2 new 1.3 T4 engine listed, manual only, from £2295 Advance Payment

Peugeot +20  (3 Petrol, 12 Diesel, 5 Electric)

208 +2

2008 +1

3008 +1

5008 +6

Traveller +7  (back on Scheme £4699 – £7999 AP)

Rifter +3  Only Electric, £2999 – £3599 AP (Citroen Berlingo is over half this price)

Toyota -2 (Hybrid)

RAV4 -2  The AWD Excel and Dynamic lasted 5 days on the Scheme

BluecloudUK

5 days?

At one point that would have a been a record. Apart from the Jaguar/Land Rover debacle a few years back (-2 days), there have been so many cars on and off the scheme for 2 or 3 days at a time, 5 days is quite good.

fwippers
    Participant

We purchased an air conditioner from Amazon this week. The price changes daily, sometimes twice or three times daily, and items go out of stock and then return the next day or week.  Let´s hope Motability do not copy this business model. Imagine prices changing every few hours. “Sir the Elite model is no longer available but the SEL is now a hundred pounds cheaper!”

Elliot
    Participant

We purchased an air conditioner from Amazon this week. The price changes daily, sometimes twice or three times daily, and items go out of stock and then return the next day or week. Let´s hope Motability do not copy this business model. Imagine prices changing every few hours. “Sir the Elite model is no longer available but the SEL is now a hundred pounds cheaper!”

Motability need to get some commitment from these manufacturers that the cars will stay on the scheme for at least a minimum of one month. Imagine the number of people who had booked test drives in the RAV4 to find the car had been pulled before getting round to it.

martinod

RAV 4  i just called toyota head office about the rav4  i was advised it came on motability  on  1 january then came of  . i was advised its still available to order  their  putting it back on their website soon

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Friday 7th January 2022  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 914            Change -4

Suzuki -4  (petrol)

S-Cross – 4  (Removed from Scheme)

Mark

Motaclarity……has anyone heard of these people? They appear to state that they offer the same lease as Motability…..they seem to have more vehicles on offer…..

Spenno
    Participant

They are just a bit like a comparison site, so you can see what cars motability have and compare them, they are not actually a lease company they just advertise motability cars

BigDave
    Participant

Motaclarity……has anyone heard of these people? They appear to state that they offer the same lease as Motability…..they seem to have more vehicles on offer…..

Motaclarity are not an alternative to Motability.

Motaclarity is just a website that collates Motability AP’s, reviews vehicles and promotes Motability offers it finds.

Quite similar to the Which Mobility Car home pages in a lot of respects:

https://www.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/

More of an alternative to this very site (with no forum)!

Edit – sorry Spenno, your response was not there when I typed my reply.

Spenno
    Participant

No problem @bigdave 😊

Viewing 25 replies - 2,276 through 2,300 (of 2,304 total)
  • The topic ‘Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today’ is closed to new replies.